• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,743

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we’re after a striker this January here’s my short list.

Matias Arezo
Alexander Isak
Terem Moffi
Amine Gouiri
Jonathan David
Dusan Vlahovic
18 year old South American when we have martinelli, nketiah and balogun is exactly what we need

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Higher ceiling than all 3 put together.
so one for the future.....it seems our aim is 2026. What about the now? Higher ceiling means little when he plays in way way lower level of football. Uruguayan leagu. He plays in one of the weaker leagues even in South America in a tiny country. If he played in Brazilian league and doing something at 18 then I could see the argument

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If we’re after a striker this January here’s my short list.

Matias Arezo
Alexander Isak
Terem Moffi
Amine Gouiri
Jonathan David
Dusan Vlahovic
Amine Ghouri off to a flyer this season with 4 goals plus an assist in four matches. It was too early to go for him last season based off a single year's performance but getting him next summer if he continues this form would be astute. He reminds me of a young Van Persie - not saying he will be as good but he looks to have those technical skills and striking instinct.

I like the other names on your list as well. All are ones to watch after another year of experience.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably easier to get hold of a defensive midfielder than a striker in the january window, though I wouldn't be optimistic on either front.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Probably easier to get hold of a defensive midfielder than a striker in the january window, though I wouldn't be optimistic on either front.

If the Gov carry on pretending that the pandemic is behind us, masks optional etc, we may find that come Jan football is an even worse position. If so buying & selling will be harder most clubs.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We NEED to go back in for Neves in January. Top player in the PL.

TinFish

Looks like we are getting Wilshere as our replacement instead of someone like Bissouma :lol:

Arsenal fans will go all Elneny here saying 'he's a nice guy' or 'he's Arsenal through and through.'

If that's the case why don't we bring back Abou Diaby as we know when he's fit he's also a baller.

People will think the guy will have Cristiano effect at United and rally the team. :lol::lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Looks like we are getting Wilshere as our replacement instead of someone like Bissouma :lol:

Arsenal fans will go all Elneny here saying 'he's a nice guy' or 'he's Arsenal through and through.'

If that's the case why don't we bring back Abou Diaby as we know when he's fit he's also a baller.

People will think the guy will have Cristiano effect at United and rally the team. :lol::lol:
He's only training. There's no talks about signing him to a contract.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Guys crying out for some support. Club wouldn't have a soul if it didn't let him train with the team.

LG10

I know I'll get laughed at for this, but I'd just throw our whole transfer budget at Declan Rice + whoever is the best striker we can get come July next year (whichever of Ghouri, Toney, Vlahovic, Martinez or Isak have the best season).
Not sure why you'd get laughed at, Rice is one of the best mids in football. He's only got eyes for united and Chelsea though, we can't get him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In all seriousness I do like Dolberg but he’ll be turning 24 shortly and still hasn’t had a single high scoring season. Don’t think he’ll ever be prolific enough.
24 is way too old. He won’t have resale value. I want a whole squad of 21-22 year olds and then say in 5 years we will be great

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
In all seriousness I do like Dolberg but he’ll be turning 24 shortly and still hasn’t had a single high scoring season. Don’t think he’ll ever be prolific enough.
True. I've always liked him since his debut at Ajax, though. Think he is massively talented. If it finally comes out this year he'd be a worthwhile RvP heir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom