• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,314

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not in Jan but , with the top 4 finish im hoping we get, i think we’ll bid for Haaland as suprising as that sounds
Back to old Arsenal spend all summer chasing unrealistic targets and panic last two weeks and sign anyone

Liam_Og

Wilshere is some kind of signing wenger used to make if we in emergency need.

Wilshere can't escape injures trainings isn't top level football game Wilshere legs can't take it anymore he either change league or retire and go to coaching.

If we want top 4 challenge we need a good midfielder to add
I’d imagine its a plan ‘C’ in the event we sell El Nehny - (goes to afcon anyway) and Xhaka’s recovery isn’t going as well as we are being told.

I’ve got no issue with him leading a team of youth players in some of the early FA cup games if we get lower league opposition. Had we qualified for the Uefa Conference league, could have built a ‘kids’ side around him like Wenger would have, to spare the first 16, that said. Conference league was a bullet dodged.

Jack has had personality/Attitude issues, maybe he’s outgrown them, we all know his body can’t take 90 mins week in week out, but he has an unquestionable football intelligence that can’t be coached. I wouldn’t be heartbroken to see him get a pay as you play if we cannot recruit in Midfield in January.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure I get this Wilshere thing. He’s had career wrecking injuries to the extent that he couldn’t really hack it even at Bournemouth. Wondering why it would then be ok to come in during a crucial period where we could be an injury or two come having to lean heavily on him. No time for nostalgia, I say. Put it this way, if he’d had the exact same career, but just at another Prem club, would we be happy to sign him to a pay as you play contract? We’ve all seen how well we’ve fared with club “rejects”.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not sure I get this Wilshere thing. He’s had career wrecking injuries to the extent that he couldn’t really hack it even at Bournemouth. Wondering why it would then be ok to come in during a crucial period where we could be an injury or two come having to lean heavily on him. No time for nostalgia, I say. Put it this way, if he’d had the exact same career, but just at another Prem club, would we be happy to sign him to a pay as you play contract? We’ve all seen how well we’ve fared with club “rejects”.
Think it's probably just paper talk anyway to be honest. The club's had a bit of good PR from the videos of him training with us and from the social media stuff that Jack's done. He's clearly very grateful to be getting some support and he's been a fantastic servant to the club so I'm glad that they are helping him.

When Arteta has been asked about him getting a contract he's always sounded very sceptical so it doesn't seem very likely for all the reasons you've given. If he does end up coming back for a few cameos, well why not though. It will be some great nostalgia for the fans - remember Thierry scoring against Leeds, or Sol returning? They are not the sort of moves that win titles but they can give some nice feel good moments for the players and fans. Leaning heavily would be a dreadful decision, but giving him some early cup games and a role in the U23 setup doesn't seem like a terrible idea if he's fit and it helps him with his next career move.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we'll sign Wilshere, even on a pay as play contract. It is only the club helping out a former player, which is fine. I don't see us signing him though, that train has left the station.

Bloodbather

Established Member

We have a history of bringing back old familiar faces in times of limited squad depth. Lehmann, Campbell, etc.

I don't see it happening either, but the speculation isn't that odd.

Jack_The_Lad

We have a history of bringing back old familiar faces in times of limited squad depth. Lehmann, Campbell, etc.

I don't see it happening either, but the speculation isn't that odd.
I could very well see it happening as in: if he passes the fitness test, you sign him on a pay as you play contract to play the cup games during the congested new year's period with half our midfield gone to AFCON.
Makes perfect sense tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Massively flopped at Inter was only 20 years old to be fair not surprised he want to try his luck again he tearing it up at South America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom