• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,329

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIoodBrother

Do you think supporters would be upset if we spent 150Million this window on Tielemans and Vlahovic, but didn't spend a cent in the summer window?

Yes because a new toy is whats being promised for xmas
They would be upset if we bought those two + two more, became PL champions and didnt buy anyone thereafter too.
Not saying this in a bitter way. Its just that silly season is addictive

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I mean you can’t really bemoan the fact football uses different levels of stats to basketball and baseball, baseball is barely a sport and I constantly hear how stats have ruined basketball and made it boring.

You keep criticising this stat and that stat, I don’t get it, progressive passing and xA is a good way to tell how good a creative passer someone is, it literally does what it says on the tin, you’re right about some stats being deceptive but that doesn’t mean they all are.

Tielemans also excellent on that chart btw, I feel like if the stat was presented in the context of Tielemans you’d back it, but for some reason you have an agenda against Bruno, probably you’ve bought into the myth of @OnlyOne being a good poster and started listening to him too much.
Ødegaard, Top 10 for expected assists as well is quite interesting... We're almost certainly not getting him, but FWIW I agree on Bruno, he looks excellent and feel he would suit the team well. Those recent full match comps for Brazil really showed his quality imo.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Halfway through Jan & not a lot of transfer action with players into Prem teams tbf.
Very tricky window with Covid & Afcon.
Still think we really could do with a Striker/CM
However if we cannot get our main targets or a useful loan we may have to wait until the summer?
Have a feeling we may get something done though 🤞

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The way we are portrayed by the media and the way we are treated infuriates me. We see treated like the foreign English club because Wenger changed things up for the better.

We are treated harsher in terms of sanctions on the pitch with yellows and reds. Teams are allowed to kick us and foul us relentlessly. Then you have the outrage of the media like when we have postponed the game.

City and Chelsea have literally bought success and get praised for it. Sp**s are darlings of the media due to their English captain and previous English players.

As much as I like Vlahovic and Tielemens who would cost roughly 110 million for both.

Maybe paying 160 million for Bellingham and DCL would change the way we are perceived by the media and referees.

DCL, Saka, Bellingham, White, Ramsdale, ESR. Becoming more English could be better?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The way we are portrayed by the media and the way we are treated infuriates me. We see treated like the foreign English club because Wenger changed things up for the better.

We are treated harsher in terms of sanctions on the pitch with yellows and reds. Teams are allowed to kick us and foul us relentlessly. Then you have the outrage of the media like when we have postponed the game.

City and Chelsea have literally bought success and get praised for it. Sp**s are darlings of the media due to their English captain and previous English players.

As much as I like Vlahovic and Tielemens who would cost roughly 110 million for both.

Maybe paying 160 million for Bellingham and DCL would change the way we are perceived by the media and referees.

DCL, Saka, Bellingham, White, Ramsdale, ESR. Becoming more English could be better?
I doubt it matters anymore. Chelsea started 0 English players in the last game.

But yeah, I have no problems if we get Bellingham.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko

Fvck media. Fvck Bellingham and DCL as well. All English players playing in Bundesliga are losers seeking to play in a farmer league to shine.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
No way!!??? :eek:

We definitely need some signings this month. No excuses if we sign 0 players.
Yes of course i would be happy but the most important thing is to get the right player(s)
Im just stating the Jan window can be tough at the best of times,likely even harder at the moment with covid & Afcon.

You make it sound like you just identify a player & its easy to do a deal :D

I am just trying to be rational & Midfield is likely ok post afcon & if we cannot get a top striker i dont think we spend 25m+ on anyone just because we can like newcastle,

We are not so desperate that we must resort to 6th choice striker or midfielder unless a loan for cover.

I know that is not what people want to here.

GLITCH

I don't think it's about the players we field, the hatred runs so deep that it doesn't matter what we do. Like I've said before, Wenger really triggered them.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I don't think it's to do with English players because we've had plenty. I think it's more that we've been everyones rival. United when we were elite, Liverpool in cups and fighting for 4th place, Sp**s because their our local poor imitation, Chelsea because of the whole Wenger-Mourinho rivalry, City because we have a history and they don't and even Leicester fans who think they're on par with us because of a couple of seasons they've finished above us.

If you compare that to United, they don't consider Sp**s as rivals and they aren't really that bothered about City or Chelsea. They're more bothered about us taking their record FA Cup win off them.

The other thing is that right now United and Sp**s fans want to see us play a diminished side and lose because they both know we're their biggest threat to top 4. Even Chelsea and Liverpool fans know that while they wish they were in a title fight, that in reality they've been struggling to get more than 70 points and CL isn't guaranteed

balthazar

Anyone believe this?

"Ask him to combine two or more skillsets – run and cross, chase and tackle, control and shield – and immediately you can see the panic begin to set in, the limbs malfunctioning, the mainframe overheating like a browser with too many tabs open." lol. nearly spilled my coffee.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Would like a couple of new signings soon. Its not much time left of the window and a new striker (and CM for that matter) can be the difference between CL and EL. Or EL and ECL.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

To be fair to Sp**s, they spent all summer on the Tomiyasu deal, but pulled the plug when they decided to back Tanganga when they realised he could do the CB/RB role.

It's swings and roundabouts, despite what the overly pro Arteta articles try to tell you.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

To be fair to Sp**s, they spent all summer on the Tomiyasu deal, but pulled the plug when they decided to back Tanganga when they realised he could do the CB/RB role.

It's swings and roundabouts, despite what the overly pro Arteta articles try to tell you.
They can work all they want, but when Arsenal knocks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom