• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,655

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What failed transfers? Last summer was the smartest window we ever had for ages and improve us massively but the one thing you right is Josh more involved about Arsenal and His dad just give him money to invest in club.
I really don't think it was smart, more like a waste of what we've had and targeting players that we didn't really need. It's a debate for another thread, but it relates to my opinion that Arteta shouldn't get any money this winter, he spent enough already.

Paperino

Itā€™s Timo Time

What failed transfers? Last summer was the smartest window we ever had for ages and improve us massively but the one thing you right is Josh more involved about Arsenal and His dad just give him money to invest in club.

No, the owners dont invest. They allow Arteta to spend the clubs own money. And he can do that since the debt has been rearranged. And no, we havent improved massively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
We'll likely end up with someone on loan with the way we invest in summer and got the targets we wanted we won't waste so much on player even if we want him guys like Isak and DCL will come here even without CL Football in summer unless real Sociedad qualify to CL seem unlikely and Everton be serious club unlikely too

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ā­
We'll likely end up with someone on loan with the way we invest in summer and got the targets we wanted we won't waste so much on player even if we want him guys like Isak and DCL will come here even without CL Football in summer unless real Sociedad qualify to CL seem unlikely and Everton be serious club unlikely too

We overpaid for Ramsdale and White in the summer because we wanted them, so thereā€™s nothing to say if they really want Isak they wouldnā€™t overpay. We will have to overpay for Calvert-Lewin whether we do it now or in the summer because of the English tax.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
We overpaid for Ramsdale and White in the summer because we wanted them, so thereā€™s nothing to say if they really want Isak they wouldnā€™t overpay. We will have to overpay for Calvert-Lewin whether we do it now or in the summer because of the English tax.
Think January difficult to make deals if these clubs not pressure to sell. surely we can put 60m to Calvert-Lewin we just did with Vlahovic but Everton might resist until summer because he too important to them little time to replace.

field442

Trusted ā­
Think January difficult to make deals if these clubs not pressure to sell. surely we can put 60m to Calvert-Lewin we just did with Vlahovic but Everton might resist until summer because he too important to them little time to replace.

Yeah I donā€™t think Calvert-Lewin is a serious option. I think that one will even be hard to do in the summer because unless he pushes for a move I donā€™t think theyā€™ll sell. Isak is the one where itā€™s hard to know what will happen because of the release clause. The club could even do something different like offer the same amount as the release clause but with lots of addons and bonuses included. Who knows what Sociedad will do with a huge offer like that in front of them.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Go get Cabral as he won't be that expensive and bring in Gini on a loan deal. Sp**s will be helping us by sending Ndombele to PSG anyways lol. In the summer, bring back Guendouzi (Mikel probably won't give him another change) in that case a new CM - Tielemans would do great! Lastly, get another ST in the summer who can compete with Cabral. Ideally, we would get Nkunku or David in.

Tom349

Watching DCL the last couple of games and he doesn't look fit at all. A 60m outlay is more for the long term but the expectation would be to deliver CL football this season and I'm not sure how much he would help in that required with his current injury struggles. He especially is someone who relies on his athleticism to make defenders accountable and right now he doesn't have any. The winter break might help his freshen up but its a big risk for potentially little immediate reward.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

El Duderino

Isak on deadline day and no midfielder. People wonā€™t know what to feel.

Personally think they'll pull a bait and switch on this, say they are going to trigger Isaak or something and bring Jovic on loan at the death so people go "at least we can get Isaak cheaper in the summer now".

Reckon Leno moves as well.

field442

Trusted ā­
Personally think they'll pull a bait and switch on this, say they are going to trigger Isaak or something and bring Jovic on loan at the death so people go "at least we can get Isaak cheaper in the summer now".

Reckon Leno moves as well.

Still not sure about the Jovic stuff with Benzema getting injured. If heā€™s out for anything more than a few weeks I donā€™t think Jovic will be available.

El Duderino

Still not sure about the Jovic stuff with Benzema getting injured. If heā€™s out for anything more than a few weeks I donā€™t think Jovic will be available.

I posted an article from Marca saying that the hope is Benzema misses at most a Copa del Rey tie against Atleti iirc. He was taken off as a precautionary measure according to them and because of the break, should miss only a single league game apparently.

IMO the end game for Madrid here would be to put Jovic on a shop window with us and hope someone bites during the summer, specially if they can land Mmbape. Can see this being Ƙdegaard pt. 2 because we need two strikers anyway, and Jovic would fit the physical guy mold, while a guy like Isaak could be the more mobile CF of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom