• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,659

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah I watched a few of these last night and had me preferring DCL.
DCL makes sense to me.

Again, he's far from a complete player, and he never will be, but, what he does do well is what this team is missing. We have moved a long way from Wengerball. DCL is more suited to how we play now and he'll seamlessly fit in to the environment.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
not really my type of striker... its the Xhaka or Maguire of strikers

its telling Chelsea felt the need to bring in Giroud so quick & how he won their fans over... that Chelsea side + managers were set up for Morata to succeed

forgot some of these :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Players get better when they are not playing at this club.
You got it the wrong way round, players turn to **** precisely because we don't play them, happens everywhere when you freeze people out. Most of those guys listed were good enough to play a role at a point, and even if you think they aren't any more you try to get some money back for them. Morata who we're hilariously linked to was a horrendous flop in England and Chelsea still managed to get back most of what they paid for him.

We're looking at 20m overall so far for the lot you've listed. Might as well keep the deadwood if you're going to gift them away.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

DCL makes sense to me.

Again, he's far from a complete player, and he never will be, but, what he does do well is what this team is missing. We have moved a long way from Wengerball. DCL is more suited to how we play now and he'll seamlessly fit in to the environment.

He's good enough with his back to goal to bring others into the game but also quick enough to be played in behind and as you say already been playing in the PL for years now, my biggest worry is his injuries and him not developing much and you starting questioning if we need a new striker in 2/3 years.

Isak could be the next big striker but I think Vlahovic is the one who you'd risk the bet on to become that. As you say Isak does seems more of a project despite playing for his national team and being the striker for Sociedad for a few years now so maybe he isn't but from the small footage I've watched he looks to be a little raw still and ofc there's the price tag.

Don't think we'll sign one in January but I don't think our forward targets change in summer even if we get CL.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He's good enough with his back to goal to bring others into the game but also quick enough to be played in behind and as you say already been playing in the PL for years now, my biggest worry is his injuries and him not developing much and you starting questioning if we need a new striker in 2/3 years.

Isak could be the next big striker but I think Vlahovic is the one who you'd risk the bet on to become that. As you say Isak does seems more of a project despite playing for his national team and being the striker for Sociedad for a few years now so maybe he isn't but from the small footage I've watched he looks to be a little raw still and ofc there's the price tag.

Don't think we'll sign one in January but I don't think our forward targets change in summer even if we get CL.
I think he's young enough to improve, but old enough to be a leader in this inexperienced side.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Is that meant to show how bad he is? He gets into some really good positions vs yhr best team in the league and there is some insane defending in that video. That Camavinga tackle was outrageous.
It shows a few things to me:

- How raw he is
- How deep he drops
- How he doesn't really attack the ball in the box
- How he holds onto the ball for too long
- How much his legs resemble Tammy Abraham

He may well go on to be a very good striker, but we already have inconsistent players in Martinelli, Saka, ESR. We need a sure thing.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Cracks me up that they took Wilshere but left Aubameyang at home. And some people think there still could be a chance for bridges to be rebuilt :lol:
Yep, bridges well and truly burned. Even if we don't offload him, its hard to see Arteta bringing him back into the fold. Shame as if we are really scrapping around for short term loans like Morata, it would make more sense to just use Auba for the remainder of the season.

Remember the excitement after his debut vs Everton? What a game that was.

blrgooner

Established Member
Lol, who said Isak is worth 70m? A release clause doesn't equal the players value.

You could say there is a reason Morata has been at clubs like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juve, At.Madrid. There is a reason he has over 50 caps for Spain.

Isak may well have more attributes, but it doesn't mean he's ready to transmit them onto the pitch yet. We need a sure thing, if its on loan, for the rest of the season, if its permanent, we need someone who will come in, settle straight away, and be proven.
I actually think Isak is the most exciting of all the strikers we are linked with but i completely agree with you that this season, Isak is not likely to help us as much as others(though i would still prefer Isak over laca). With Isak it's the attributes which can be honed in the future that's exciting.
Even the video you posted(where he hasn't had a good game) seems similar to an average laca performance.
Can't understand the point behind Morata though. Doesn't feel like a short term solution nor does it feel like a good long term solution.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

You got it the wrong way round, players turn to **** precisely because we don't play them, happens everywhere when you freeze people out.
That's not what he's saying. He's saying people on here will constantly complain about certain players not being good enough. But at soon as they are dropped they flip flop and go "why isn’t Arteta playing them?" even though they had themselves just claimed they're not up to standard.

How many players have Arteta actually had a falling out with? Reading on here you'd believe it was half the squad but the only ones actually rumored seem to be Auba and Guendo. We have no idea about Arteta's relationship with the rest of the squad, I remember Ramsdale praising his man-management on Ben Foster's podcast. Perhaps we'll get a surface level insight when the All or Nothing documentary releases.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cracks me up that they took Wilshere but left Aubameyang at home. And some people think there still could be a chance for bridges to be rebuilt :lol:
Nobody thinks bridges can be built, but Arteta might be forced to use him if he’s still here after January. I mean, I don’t see where the goals are coming from atm.

GDeep™

League is very weak
60 hours or so left in the window. Still think we’ll pull two loan signings out the bag, maybe a signing too. Don’t know how good they’ll be though. Things speed up on the last day of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom