• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,775
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Danilo & Muddy in January, Arsenal in 2024:

maxresdefault.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Rice can play DMF or Xhaka role, so everyone could rotate.
Word in football circles suggest he can play that no8 role but we haven't actually seen it yet so there's a little bit of a risk here. If he turns out to be a pure DM then we have a problem where our two best midfielders play the same position.

With Bellingham we know he's a no8 and then we can use Xhaka as cover at both 6 and 8.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Word in football circles suggest he can play that no8 role but we haven't actually seen it yet so there's a little bit of a risk here. If he turns out to be a pure DM then we have a problem where our two best midfielders play the same position.

With Bellingham we know he's a no8 and then we can use Xhaka as cover at both 6 and 8.

Genuine question, have you seen enough of Bellingham to suggest he'll take to the PL like a duck to water? That's my biggest fear, £100M for a 19 year old is insane pressure.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Another question for questionable recruiting. I saw a little of Jamal Musiala today. Never seen him before. Ultra quick feet, plays many positions, at Bayern, was in England.

How did we miss this guy too?
He was at Chelsea then his family relocated to Germany (not to do with football).
Don't be sad, his brother Jobe is better. I hope we go after him.
The little brothers rarely turn out to be good I swear. I remember reports that the youngest Hazard brother was the most talented of the three and I don't even know where he is right now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
@OnlyOne is right though for a club that’s actually in a position to finish in CL and kick on targeting players like Danilo and Mudryk is suspect cos of their age and inexperience.

They may both be good players but the chances of taking two young players from Brazilian league and Ukrainian league and them having an immediate impact is pretty low. We’re already the youngest team in the league btw!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'd rather not use Xhaka at #6 at all if possible, eventhough I think he can cover that position nowadays. I want a faster more mobile player there to take care of counter-attacks, which will come. He has also been so good at #8. If Xhaka can be great at #8, I don't have much doubts that Rice can't. Also take into account that Partey surely can play #8?

But it looks like they rate Danilo very much. He is also the easiest addition to make this January. He is only 21,5 years old which is nothing for a DMF.

It's interesting to observe what they will do. Danilo in January for 25 million, and Tielemans for free in the summer would be quite nice. But this would block any other top midfielders from coming.

The other side of the coin is that it would enable possibly getting something like a 100 million top winger.

These stats are not the best, not bad either. It also depends if Danilo is ordered to stay low and other players do the attacking stuff.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Genuine question, have you seen enough of Bellingham to suggest he'll take to the PL like a duck to water? That's my biggest fear, £100M for a 19 year old is insane pressure.
100M is insane and don't think any CM who isn't getting you 10 goals 10 assists a season or more is worth that.

I just like how good he looked against City in the CL. If you can handle them then you can handle almost anything technically. He also has great athleticism so I'm genuinely not worried about the pace of the PL. He's f*cking tall and not lanky either which suggests he could become a bit of a tank with the right work in the gym.

So for me he checks the list physically and technically. The only question is the end product. With a 50M number eight you'd be happy with 5 goals 5 assists in the league. For the price he's worth I'd be wanting like 15g/a a season tbh. I'd wack off 20M from that 100M though just because of how young he is, he'll give you so many years if you keep him and fetch a good transfer fee if you sell him. Take another 10M off for being homegrown and I'd say his true value is 70M? Think that's worth it tbh.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne is right though for a club that’s actually in a position to finish in CL and kick on targeting players like Danilo and Mudryk is suspect cos of their age and inexperience.

They may both be good players but the chances of taking two young players from Brazilian league and Ukrainian league and them having an immediate impact is pretty low. We’re already the youngest team in the league btw!
Yeah we need to start shopping premium. We're pretty much a lock for CL.

I like the look of Mudryk but we should aim higher. Next forward signing has to be a genuine rotation option not a clear backup. Danilo I'm not as fussed about, back up DM isn't as high impact as a rotation forward. TP5 is genuinely world class* so going for a solid rotation option there is a bit tricky.

*When he's consistent.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

100M is insane and don't think any CM who isn't getting you 10 goals 10 assists a season or more is worth that.

I just like how good he looked against City in the CL. If you can handle them then you can handle almost anything technically. He also has great athleticism so I'm genuinely not worried about the pace of the PL. He's f*cking tall and not lanky either which suggests he could become a bit of a tank with the right work in the gym.

So for me he checks the list physically and technically. The only question is the end product. With a 50M number eight you'd be happy with 5 goals 5 assists in the league. For the price he's worth I'd be wanting like 15g/a a season tbh. I'd wack off 20M from that 100M though just because of how young he is, he'll give you so many years if you keep him and fetch a good transfer fee if you sell him. Take another 10M off for being homegrown and I'd say his true value is 70M? Think that's worth it tbh.

Not reading the last paragraph as there are loads of numbers and it looks mathematical.

That being said we've seen guys like Aouar dominate City on more than one occasion, same with Juventus. Lots of guys have looked bright in the CL only to not really go the places many thought so I am not sure how much of a measure that is, I think the best measure is consistency across multiple seasons at a high level. I think with Jude, I'd need to see maybe one, or two more seasons, especially when you look at Haaland and how he's done. My fear is it's too soon for him, but how long can you leave it? He probably leaves this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom