• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,804
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
We were apparently in talks with Lang in January but never pulled the trigger (obviously). We clearly didn't go back in for him in the summer so I don't think we want him.

Same with Tielemans. We had all summer to buy him but didnt, so I dont think we want him either.

We chased Vlahovic for a month but it was obvious he only wanted Juve. Cant see us going back in for him. We bought Jesus.

Seems like we like Danilo, & that could possibly happen in January. Neves would be over priced for what he is & VDB I don't think would come here.

Dont really understand these suggestions tbh.

Who’s VDB?

bergholt

We re-signed Eddie and Flo, can’t see us going in for Vlahovic unless we really want a cheap knock-off Haaland

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
I don't think there is any chance of signing Noa Lang. IF the words on his attitude are correct, I don't see this being an Arteta signing.
Supporters from Club Brugge talk highy of him. He may be a total a-hole on the pitch is he's playing against you. And he can be easily ratteled by the opposing fans. But within the squad, he's rated highly.

But he is not a player that would click with Arteta.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Break the bank for Kvaratskhelia.

Club would never do it as he’ll displace Martinelli imo plus De Laurentiis is a tough b****** to negotiate with.
He's not better than Gabi. The idea that he'd displace Gabi who has been doing it in the toughest league in the world since he was a teenager when his resume consists of the Russian league and the slowest "big" league in Europe where he has just now found some form is kind of a leap. It's hard enough for players to make the transition to England, let alone a big club in England and the fact that Gabi has done it basically from day one makes it highly unlikely that this kid would come in and displace him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He's not better than Gabi. The idea that he'd displace Gabi who has been doing it in the toughest league in the world since he was a teenager when his resume consists of the Russian league and the slowest "big" league in Europe where he has just now found some form is kind of a leap. It's hard enough for players to make the transition to England, let alone a big club in England and the fact that Gabi has done it basically from day one makes it highly unlikely that this kid would come in and displace him.
He does look a big talent though. Rumours Madrid is following him quite closely.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No way he looks class. Absolutely ruined the Scousers.

Looks a natural finisher unlike Martinelli.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That’s a bit of an unfair assessment especially when people are on their knees for wide player who only has Shakhtar on his CV. I agree that the PL is better than the other leagues but with the way you’re thinking that means teams wouldn’t opt for players like Kante, Mahrez, Drogba etc who only had the Uber Eats league on their resume.

Kvaratskhelia looks quality from the little I’ve seen from him this season, even Thierry seems sold on him:

Shades of Hleb the way he’s gliding past players.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So I have been looking at Partey successors and man is it hard. He is such a unique player. So strong and press resistant, but also has excellent passing and ball winning ability. That simply doesn't exist in many players in the world. Especially younger players.

Players like Kephrem Thuram and Fofana at Monaco all look good statistically, but they lack in passing and just that aura.

It may be about scouting really well and finding someone under the radar. Someone who is really intriguing to me is Hamad Traore at Sassuolo.

Sassuolo play him further forward or wide, but prior to that he played at Empoli as an 8 and matches Bennacer for dribbles and tackles. 6 ft tall and excellent on the ball, I have a feeling he can move further back.

Batman

No way he looks class. Absolutely ruined the Scousers.

Looks a natural finisher unlike Martinelli.
Martinelli was called the a "talent of the century" by the manager of the team you've just mentioned (back when Liverpool were actually a top side) and he does the business every week for this club where we already know he can play. If beating Trent a few times makes you a top player then 90% of teams Liverpool face have a top player.

Batman

That’s a bit of an unfair assessment especially when people are on their knees for wide player who only has Shakhtar on his CV. I agree that the PL is better than the other leagues but with the way you’re thinking that means teams wouldn’t opt for players like Kante, Mahrez, Drogba etc who only had the Uber Eats league on their resume.

Kvaratskhelia looks quality from the little I’ve seen from him this season, even Thierry seems sold on him:

Shades of Hleb the way he’s gliding past players.
And until the player proves they can do it at the club, it's all conjecture. Martinelli already does it at this club.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli was called the a "talent of the century" by the manager of the team you've just mentioned (back when Liverpool were actually a top side) and he does the business every week for this club where we already know he can play. If beating Trent a few times makes you a top player then 90% of teams Liverpool face have a top player.

I agree if it was based on that then a heap of players would be mentioned but it’s obviously not. Serie A watchers would know what I’m on about, the lad has 6 G/A (Serie A) in 8 games for Napoli, he’s also producing in the CL + 4 goals in 6 starts for his country in the WC Qualifiers.

If he keeps up this rate then it won’t be too long before he’s at an elite club like Real Madrid. He’s been fantastic in Italy thus far.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
So I have been looking at Partey successors and man is it hard. He is such a unique player. So strong and press resistant, but also has excellent passing and ball winning ability. That simply doesn't exist in many players in the world. Especially younger players.

Players like Kephrem Thuram and Fofana at Monaco all look good statistically, but they lack in passing and just that aura.

It may be about scouting really well and finding someone under the radar. Someone who is really intriguing to me is Hamad Traore at Sassuolo.

Sassuolo play him further forward or wide, but prior to that he played at Empoli as an 8 and matches Bennacer for dribbles and tackles. 6 ft tall and excellent on the ball, I have a feeling he can move further back.

What's wrong with Danilo? Looks pretty good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom