• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,333

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ornstein's already given us news for what we can expect for the summer window, summarized below:
  • Focus on defensive signings in Summer.
  • Serious interest in Nkunku throughout the staff. Wouldn't be surprised if we go back in for him in the Summer.
  • Rumored reports on the potential of us going in for Rabiot.
  • Ornstein has heard that we can have around £100m in Summer but doesn't want to say that for a fact as he is not completely sure.
  • Theorizes that Özil is not playing so he will be forced to leave in the Summer, thus saving Arsenal millions.
  • Monchi is Raul & Emery's first choice for the technical director role. Ornstein heard from someone it's a done deal but not sure and will probably hear more in the coming days/weeks.
Cross and Mokbel have meanwhile said we're looking at something around £40m to spend this summer, but thankfully their credibility is questionable.

Whatever the budget, it definitely sounds like we're going to be bringing in a centerback, fullback, and some form of attacking player at minimum. Konate of Leipzig has already been mentioned as a player we're looking at.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Ornstein's already given us news for what we can expect for the summer window, summarized below:
  • Focus on defensive signings in Summer.
  • Serious interest in Nkunku throughout the staff. Wouldn't be surprised if we go back in for him in the Summer.
  • Rumored reports on the potential of us going in for Rabiot.
  • Ornstein has heard that we can have around £100m in Summer but doesn't want to say that for a fact as he is not completely sure.
  • Theorizes that Özil is not playing so he will be forced to leave in the Summer, thus saving Arsenal millions.
  • Monchi is Raul & Emery's first choice for the technical director role. Ornstein heard from someone it's a done deal but not sure and will probably hear more in the coming days/weeks.
Cross and Mokbel have meanwhile said we're looking at something around £40m to spend this summer, but thankfully their credibility is questionable.

Whatever the budget, it definitely sounds like we're going to be bringing in a centerback, fullback, and some form of attacking player at minimum. Konate of Leipzig has already been mentioned as a player we're looking at.

It'll probably be higher than 100 too. There's a handful of players to be sold, while we wont be retaining the services of another 4 and whose salaries will go towards the budget.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What I do worry about, maybe, is the possibility of letting too many players go and not being able to replace all of them. I worry about another injury crises next year and not having the players in because we've got rid of so many.

Lets look at what players we'd possibly let go in summer: Xhaka, Iwobi and Mustafi would all fetch a pretty penny. Welbeck, Cech, Özil, Mhki, Kos, Monreal, Litch, Ramsey, Ospina, Chambers and Jenkinson would all also get in some funds.

That's 14 players. We'd be lucky to bring 5 in imo.

I look at all those players and think I'd keep for next year, maybe 4. I don't think we'd sell Xhaka and Iwobi and out of the rest it's most likely we'd keep Kos and Monreal for 1 more season.

As for incomings, all I want this summer is a really really good CB. I'm talking £60 million a long with maybe a Torreira type winger, £25 million and Reiss back.

I really don't want to go down the young with potential route at CB, we need experience right now, and that doesn't mean they have to be 30.

They'll be a decent list of top CB's we could acquire in summer and a huge list of wingers. If we get CL I want no excuses.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What I do worry about, maybe, is the possibility of letting too many players go and not being able to replace all of them. I worry about another injury crises next year and not having the players in because we've got rid of so many.

Lets look at what players we'd possibly let go in summer: Xhaka, Iwobi and Mustafi would all fetch a pretty penny. Welbeck, Cech, Özil, Mhki, Kos, Monreal, Litch, Ramsey, Ospina, Chambers and Jenkinson would all also get in some funds.

That's 14 players. We'd be lucky to bring 5 in imo.

I look at all those players and think I'd keep for next year, maybe 4. I don't think we'd sell Xhaka and Iwobi and out of the rest it's most likely we'd keep Kos and Monreal for 1 more season.

As for incomings, all I want this summer is a really really good CB. I'm talking £60 million a long with maybe a Torreira type winger, £25 million and Reiss back.

I really don't want to go down the young with potential route at CB, we need experience right now, and that doesn't mean they have to be 30.

They'll be a decent list of top CB's we could acquire in summer and a huge list of wingers. If we get CL I want no excuses.

Our budget is roughly £70 million as wages are included in the £100 million.

We need 6 players in my opinion. A GK, CB, LB, RB, CM and a winger.

I don't want to keep Kos or Monreal. I think they should both be sold along with Ospina, Mustafi, Chambers, Elneny and Özil. Takes us to around £100 million to spend.

There is no need to spend such a vast amount of money on a centre back. You do that if you have everything else in place and you can afford to spend your budget on one player. Until then we need to be smart.

GK: £5 million
LB: £15 million
RB: £15 million
CB: £20 million
CM: £30 million
Winger: £40 million

I would price it up like that.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'd like us to go big on a ball playing CB and a winger. Other areas could be filled with smart buys similar to Guendouzi and Torreira.

We're also getting back Nelson and ESR who will have a bigger role next season. I'm sure a couple of youngster will be promoted to the first team as well so I'm not too bothered by the inevtiable mass exodus in the Summer.

Newchange

I really want samuel chukwueze. Such a dynamic left footed right winger. Has been a leading light alongside Fornals in a struggling Villareal side. 25-30m would bag him.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If Monchi does really arrive and we have 100M to spend should be interesting summer
That 100m is our transfer + wage budget according to Ornstein. It will probably end up being around 80-60m when you exclude the wages. That’s pretty much what we spent last summer (£70m).

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I still truly believe bringing in a top CB is the priority, if someone like Konate can come in and be better than Sokratis then brilliant. Our defence needs to be the absolute key area we get right.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That 100m is our transfer + wage budget according to Ornstein. It will probably end up being around 80-60m when you exclude the wages. That’s pretty much what we spent last summer (£70m).
Yep could be but hopefully with few sales the budget will be increased we need to get of not good enough players like Elneny Mustafi

Newchange

Considering Monchi hasn't been with Roma long I would be very surprised if he turned up at the Emirates. Roma are a CL side who got to the Semi's last year. Financially they are in a better position than us to provide him with the tools to work his magic.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Looking at the squad I think we are going to need a lot of movement but I agree with @OnlyOne that we can't let go of too many at once and expect to find adequate replacements for all. Also, the other thing to worry about is getting in mediocre players and being stuck with them in a hurry to find replacements.

IMO, this is what we absolutely need to do-

CBs- We have a lot of work to do here and at least need 2 coming in. Mustafi and Chambers must go while Holding is out long term with no idea how he'll return. Kos should stay one more season but you can't rely on his fitness. Not to mention we need 2 different profile of CBs who are comfortable on the ball and one of them needs to have proper size as well as athleticism.

FBs- We need two young fullbacks coming in with RB being the priority as I think maybe one more season out of Nacho and Kolasinac is fine even though I'd like Kola off the wage bill.

GK- This is a tricky one because while Leno is decent he is not world class and an injury to him means we're ****ed. But we can't maybe commit too much money in this and the safe idea would be to look for an inexpensive experienced pro for cover.

MF- Its another critical area to look at despite Torreira and Douzi's success while Xhaka has had a decent season as we need to replace Ramsey as well as find cover for Torreira. I don't rate AMN and Elneny is done here. We could promote Willock, sure but we may need two coming in at least.

W/AM- This where our biggest weakness is and getting it right would be solving a number of problems. Ramsey is gone, Özil and Mkhi need to be moved on while Iwobi isn't really there yet. We have no wingers bar academy players and we can't afford to go into next season hoping for Nelson and ESR to blossom. We need pace, dribbling ability, creativity and productivity from two players here at least.

STs- We're good here though a replacement for Welbeck is welcome.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still truly believe bringing in a top CB is the priority, if someone like Konate can come in and be better than Sokratis then brilliant. Our defence needs to be the absolute key area we get right.

Agree. Get a Koulibaly or Lucas Hernandez type CB with most of the money.

Maybe Rabiot on a free as well then look towards getting a top keeper and winger the summer after.

Hopefully we’ll bring back Nelson next year and give him more game time.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Considering Monchi hasn't been with Roma long I would be very surprised if he turned up at the Emirates. Roma are a CL side who got to the Semi's last year. Financially they are in a better position than us to provide him with the tools to work his magic.

What? They have to sell to buy while at the same time clearing about €30m of debt. Their revenues are €150-200m lower than ours and their wage bill is about €100m lower than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom