• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,089

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Özil won’t move, I’m resigned to it. The guy loves London and I can’t see QPR or Palace stumping up 350k a week for him.

I hope Emery can try and integrate him somewhat next year otherwise we’ve got a sinkhole swallowing up a huge percentage of our wage bill.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We should add Xhaka to the list of outgoings. Could raise good money for us.
In an ideal world yes, but we have so many players to replace that I dont see it happening.

Unless we got a really good offer and he was willing to leave (unlikely)

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I hear this Xhaka has good qualities argument all around. What exactly are they? A midfielder's duty is to protect the defense and transition the ball to attack as "quickly" as possible. He is pathetic in 1 and bad in 2. If you are talking about those long passes he makes once in a while, can you remember the number of times it actually helped us score goals? None of those passes have been useful because he is too slow and takes a hell lot of time to take the decision. Buying him and making him our midfield main-stay was the biggest mistake that we made as a club.

And why would you want to build the team around such an ordinary player? All the mistakes he has made so far which led to goals are good enough reasons to kick him out of the team. He should not even be playing in premier league level. Forget top 6 team.

Terrible posting.

Nobody has made him our '"midfield main-stay". He has easily been better than Coquelin, Wilshere, Ramsey, Torreira, Elneny, and Guendouzi. That's why he plays.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Is there an other alternative than 4-4-2 to play with Auba + Laca and Wingers behind?

I don't know how the Box to Box Midfielder + Winger + Auba + Laca could fit in one team.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Is there an other alternative than 4-4-2 to play with Auba + Laca and Wingers behind?

I don't know how the Box to Box Midfielder + Winger + Auba + Laca could fit in one team.
I think you need to have a shape of 4231 with Auba as a 'winger' but really an inside forward who drifts inside during attacks. The left back and CAM would drift out to the left to fill in that space left, while Laca will act more like a second striker when Auba is in the box. The right hand side would have a winger to achieve balance. We went on an unbeaten run with this set up.

The only way to achieve a 442/4222 with balance would be to have a beast of a b2b midfielder + some hard working wingers who have a lot of energy. Problem with that system is we'd need a few signings to successfully change to it imo

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Terrible posting.

Nobody has made him our '"midfield main-stay". He has easily been better than Coquelin, Wilshere, Ramsey, Torreira, Elneny, and Guendouzi. That's why he plays.
Coquelin was a different kind of player whose qualities were useful when Cazorla was playing alongside. Xhaka was supposed to replace Cazorla. Ramsey has been playing a different role in the team. He never played in the same position as Xhaka. But still. In what way is Xhaka better than Ramsey? Offensively, Ramsey had better output in spite of not taking corners/free-kicks. Defensively, Ramsey's brain doesn't fart like Xhaka.
Gendouzi and Torreira are fairly new. Just because Xhaka is the only option we had doesn't make him a great player.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Terrible posting.

Again. Just another post that claims that Xhaka is better than others, Xhaka is a great player etc. But nothing to substantiate it.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I think you need to have a shape of 4231 with Auba as a 'winger' but really an inside forward who drifts inside during attacks. The left back and CAM would drift out to the left to fill in that space left, while Laca will act more like a second striker when Auba is in the box. The right hand side would have a winger to achieve balance. We went on an unbeaten run with this set up.

The only way to achieve a 442/4222 with balance would be to have a beast of a b2b midfielder + some hard working wingers who have a lot of energy. Problem with that system is we'd need a few signings to successfully change to it imo

That's probably the only alternative with this position from Auba. He had enough games on this position in the PL, but haven't impressed often.
Technically he isn't good enough there and we need him as Poacher in the box.

Thought about a 4-4-2 with a Winger on the left and a new (good defensive) left back. On the other side from the winger the new Box to Box Midfielder or Özil, who would drive inside the pitch and Bellerin would have room for his offensive runs.

---------------Laca-------------Auba------------------
Winger-------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------<----B2b/Özil-------
--------------Xhaka------------Torreira---------------
LB----------CB-------------------CB-------Bellerin

Would fit good good with AMN too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom