Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, Feb 6, 2019.

1. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

I suppose New York would make more sense than Girona as there's no relegation? But yeah you're probably right in it being much more difficult than i considered.

I'm interested to see how the Udinese and Watford relationship evolves, if it will eventually end up something similar to Red Bull or continue as is with Watford getting the fruits of the Pozzo scouting network to air in the premiership shop window and sending their lesser players to Udinese.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  2. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Also you did just make me wonder how well considered AFC loans are, do we have someone coming up with a developmental plan for the academy players and evaluating the quality of a loan because Emile Smith Rowe loan is just the latest in many useless loans.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid StatDNA Expert

Guess there aren't any news today. I will be back tomorrow.

SingmeasongSong and <<reed>> like this.
  4. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

I don't think your giving him enough credit, for a winger, he's a very complete player, he's got a good directness, balanced well with timing and decision, similar playing style to how I could of envisioned Wilshere, if he reached he's potential.
    Many regard him as the best player for Genk, who have just won their league by 7 points clear, playing in a country that just reached the semi finals of the world cup, he could do more than fill a hole left by Welbeck imo and would be a great addition even as a utility player for the prices being quoted, quality wise, I think he could play at any club, given the chance. Koulibaly was bought by Napoli from Genk, a good example of league quality jump.
    I would be pretty pleased if we signed him.

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

"We" indicates me and others in some group of which I am part. Since I neither play for, am otherwise employed by or own the club, it's "they." I don't do the "we" stuff. Never have. I'm just a fan. An onlooker.

6. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

A couple of problems with loaning players to NYCFC, however, would be the March to October schedule, which would have the players playing during the summer and off in the winter; and the league structure of MLS as a single entity. Players sign contracts with the league, not with individual teams, so a direct loan may not even be possible.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  7. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Nah Ziyech is a typical Özil player a lot of creativity on the ball.

8. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I think there is a possibility we will bring in a lot of players. We may go big on just one. But we need a rebuild and I think we need to do most of it now.

If you think about our squad, we have 29 players listed. Out of those 29, Suarez, Welbeck, Ramsey, Cech and Licthsteiner are already gone.

That's down to 24. Jenkinson, Asano and Elneny will go with Ospina and Martinez replaced by one ( OR Martinez will stay). That's 20.

Of that 20, Mavropanos needs a loan. You then have Chambers and Mustafi who most likely will be sold. You are now down to 18 first team members. That is roughly 12 players out and then is before even thinking about selling a few more that aren't good enough or have too high wages with little contribution.

Sell Xhaka, Özil and Miki and we are down to 15. Sure we could ending keeping them, but it makes sense to just sell them as well as Monreal. Leaves you with 14. Keep Koscielny in a Kompany role and buy 9 players. You then have a squad of 23.

We need to sell smart and buy smart apparantly.

9. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Well-Known Member

Dont hold your breath for seeing Mustafi as well as chambers going out or being certain of Mavropanos going on loan.

Also expect some places being filled by youngsters (and I ****ing hope so !) rather than new incomings

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  10. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

You have to look at it from Emery's point of view. He has one season to trigger an extension of his contract. If he is unable to get Arsenal back into the Champions league and finishing top four with a good rebuild, he won't be trusted with another high profile job again. He will be a Europa League manager at best.

He has to be ruthless. He deemed Chambers not good enough so he let him go on loan. He played okay and now has some value. He has to sell him. Mavropanos is so raw that he had to keep subbing him off. He isn't good enough and needs a loan. If he loaned Chambers he should loan Mavropanos.

He then has players that he can't trust, are not good enough, Too old, or not worth their wage. He has to get rid. He can't afford to be battling with these players and tinkering his tactics to accommodate all of their weaknesses physically as well as mentally.

Players he can trust: Bellerin, Sokratis, Leno, Lacazette, Auba, Torreira. That is it.

Players he can develop: Iwobi, AMN, Guendouzi, Kolasinac.

Players who are too old: Monreal, Koscielny.

Players who are too error prone and consistently cost us: Xhaka, Mustafi.

Players who have baggage or are simply too inconsistent considering their wage: Miki,Özil.

Players who contribute nothing: Elneny, Asano, Ospina, Jenkinson.

Keep the players you can trust and the ones you can develop. Promote the youth who can contribute. Ie. Willock and Nelson. Loan the youth who can contribute next season and ****ing sell the ones who need to be sold.

SA Gunner, Maybe, baccy_man and 2 others like this.
  11. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Solid list and you make a good point about one season, however Guendouzi is a player he can trust and Unai has made that one obvious by how much he played him this season.

12. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Well-Known Member

I am not argumenting against what YOU WANT TO HAPPEN, I am simply claiming it wont happen.

And at least I would not want that much. 4-5 very good buys and the rest for our amazing talents is the best solution

13. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil New Member

If they have to sell players to make money, the price goes down normaly. Neto will be a 30 year old goalkeeper and would cost probably max €20-25 million if they don't want to sell. If they have to sell their negotiation position will be worse. Why would they do that? They need €42 million.

And yeah I also think we shouldn't spend money on a Neto transfer.

14. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

He can definitely beat a man though, not with pace but with trickery. He also works incredibly hard, puts his heart into the game. We could use that in our squad.

Would definitely complement rather than replace Özil.

HollandGooner likes this.
  15. Gunnerz4life4ever

Gunnerz4life4ever Active Member

Just imagine Ziyech replacing Özil as our new no. 10 though :drool:

16. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

Just imagine actually being linked to Ziyech though.

17. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Regardless of price we should not touch Neto, Leno has had a good first season, Neto and Leno is overkill, yes its great having a good backup but do we need to be dropping anything over £10mil on a back up, even as I write '£10mil' that seems too much.. just keep Ospina for another year, a goalkeeper is the last thing we need right now, address it when Ospina leaves, if Ospina doesn't appreciate being back up then tough titties, tell him that is his roll and move on.

Plus if we sign Neto the continuing b.s of playing one GK in important European and cup games will continue, personally I would like for that crap to stop.

18. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Well-Known Member

I get it, it just jars!

Slartibartfast likes this.
  19. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Guendouzi is not a player Emery can trust, yet he ends up being trusted far more than he should have. And neither is Torreira is that much better, both are highly flawed players who are inferior and less reliable than Xhaka ATM. If we rush to sell Xhaka and not spend to bring in an upgrade like Rúben Neves we will regret it. We have more problems in midfield than we have in defense, the ease in which opposition teams can pressure us out of the pitch is sickening.

Tourbillion likes this.
  20. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

This is not the wish list thread mate.