• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,598

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergkamp1988

I don't get why we're even looking for a new Lb at the moment. Kola and nacho are god damn fine.

Real emergencies are

1. CB
2. Winger

Then..

3. CM (some Ramsey type)
4. Rb (replacement for Lichtsteiner)

But really. If we 'just' get a top class CB and a good winger It'll be a good window in my book.

Edit: I hear talks here or in the media about Tagliafico.. Decent player but what's the point on spending 20M here when we have clear empty positions to fill up.

lucky7

I don't get why we're even looking for a new Lb at the moment. Kola and nacho are god damn fine.

Real emergencies are

1. CB
2. Winger

Then..

3. CM (some Ramsey type)
4. Rb (replacement for Lichtsteiner)

But really. If we 'just' get a top class CB and a good winger It'll be a good window in my book.

Edit: I hear talks here or in the media about Tagliafico.. Decent player but what's the point on spending 20M here when we have clear empty positions to fill up.

I think your suggestions covers some of our current weaknesses to the squad and covers some of the exits but not all:
Forward/Winger: Wellbeck + Suarez out + lack of quality. We might need two signings here for two outgoing. We've been lucky this year with offensive injuries. I don't think we see Nelson given a shot yet.
Midfielders: Ramsey and El Neny out. We might need two signings here. Once again, lucky with injuries. Maybe Chambers fills the El Neny spot.
GK: Cech out, Possibly Martinez out. Need 1-2 signings here

My preference on where to spend the most money
-Winger: We add goals here and it takes us up a level.
-CB: Reasoning here is that we don't NEED a starter here if Holding comes back on form. I'm happy with Kos and Sok.
-CM: This may not necessarily even need to be a starting player but we need a second offensive option to Özil here.
-LB: Between Bellerin and AMN I feel like we've got our future covered at RB while at LB we have a 33yo Monreal on a rolling 1 year contract and Kola who for all his qualities still has not proven to me that he can defend.
-GK: I think we aim for a veteran here and commit to Leno.
-RB: I think with the emergence of AMN we don't need a replacement here but train up a CB or DM to cover in case of two injuries/suspensions.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If he was called Patrick Sauerkraut you’d be all over him.

Nice one;)

Sauerkraut is ****ing delicious.

Schupfnudeln-mit-Sauerkraut.jpg

Warm blood and liver sausage on the side: Fantastic. I would probably eat the ****er and not be all over him:lol:

Bergkamp1988

A team / B team for next season :

A.

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis NewBossMan Kola
Xhaka Torreira
Mkhi Özil Winger
Laca

B.

NewCheapKeeper
Niles Holding Kosc Monreal
Guendouzi Chambers
Nelson NewCAM Iwobi
Auba

Wonder what are budget might be if we get that CL spot.

But... CB 60-70M
Winger 30M
Keeper 10M
CAM 20M

130M... Manageable? What is the most we've ever spent in one window? 80?

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Nice one;)

Sauerkraut is ****ing delicious.

Schupfnudeln-mit-Sauerkraut.jpg

Warm blood and liver sausage on the side: Fantastic. I would probably eat the ****er and not be all over him:lol:

It's pretty tasty, can't deny.

Yet, riding on that boat isn't helping us Germans - the outside world basically imagines us drinking beer for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between, with nothing on the menu but sausages, sauerkraut and leberkäse :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A team / B team for next season :

A.

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis NewBossMan Kola
Xhaka Torreira
Mkhi Özil Winger
Laca

B.

NewCheapKeeper
Niles Holding Kosc Monreal
Guendouzi Chambers
Nelson NewCAM Iwobi
Auba

Wonder what are budget might be if we get that CL spot.

But... CB 60-70M
Winger 30M
Keeper 10M
CAM 20M

130M... Manageable? What is the most we've ever spent in one window? 80?
We can spend more than that it depend on kroenke and his ambition.

We have so much money from cash revenue right? Plus the TV deal money

Yeah I have always maintained that but we seem to be really careful to never spend all of the cash revenue in one blow.

Will be interesting to see what we do! I just hope we secure two top defenders, ideally CB and LB for big chunk of our funds before we think about spend it somewhere else.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I have always maintained that but we seem to be really careful to never spend all of the cash revenue in one blow.

Will be interesting to see what we do! I just hope we secure two top defenders, ideally CB and LB for big chunk of our funds before we think about spend it somewhere else.
Agree it'll be as usual maximum between 70-80M maybe we'll get lucky and get money from few sales

benjamin86

Established Member
Yup we really were useless selling players under Gazidis.
We only worry about contracts in the last 12 months, i hope that changes.
Gnabry, Ox, Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey.

Luckily we got good money for Ox but we should have gotten £50-60m each for Sanchez and Ramsey and either sold or resigned Özil earlier so he (his agent) didnt have us over a barrel to demand 300k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom