Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

The best we can hope for!

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Zaha would definitely join us if we could afford to buy him but if our budget limited we should look for cheap options because we'll need to strengthen other positions

say yes likes this.
  3. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Not sure if he actually would be. I see them roaming around quite a bit with the wing backs really providing the width. It would just be a general front three of them.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  4. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Up The Reds #YNWA Trusted

I don’t like strengthening lots of positions on a limited budget. You invariably dilute the talent and end up with 5 average players instead of 2 top class ones.

5. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Now that Sven is gone I have started to worry about this. If he was still around, then less so.

Rex Banner likes this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We have to get 2 wingers a ramsey replacement and probably a good CB and backup RB. I won't watch next season if mkhi and Iwobi starting in the wings for us

7. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

A real Arsenal man!
    If we can get him for a decent price (40-50m) then we should definitely buy him imo

8. Aevius

Aevius #MakeArsenalYoungAgain Moderator

9. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

I'm sure that is most likely incorrect but if true, we have to be all over that. Cracking player and could play either as a 10 or out wide.

10. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

not that good so the price is realistic. still a good player

11. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid Sp**s will buy him should Eriksen leave. Great player though.

12. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Well-Known Member

Damn, that one against Xhaka still hurts

13. Aevius

Aevius #MakeArsenalYoungAgain Moderator

I think we'll go for one of Zaha or Fraser. They're good players who want out of their clubs, that sounds like the sort of opportunistic buy we'd go for.

14. Football Manager

Football Manager Well-Known Member

Fraser is too direct, not technical enough.

krengon likes this.
  15. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Would it be possible to get Konate? He's been getting rave reviews all season. He's at a good age where he can only get better especially working with a no-nonsense defender like Sokratis.

Also would be great to have a physically imposing CB, haven't had one since Sol Campbell.

American_Gooner likes this.
  16. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Up The Reds #YNWA Trusted

We’re not gonna get that all in one window though. We should aim to improve the squad window by window.

We’re not going to be title challengers over night, Emery’s going to be here for a couple of years.

Should focus on getting quality players every window rather than just filling gaps.

asukru, Gooner416, North5 and 2 others like this.
  17. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Well said. Emery will have time to put his vision into motion. Mind you, even then, he might just end up building the team for whomever replaces him later.

I'm already prepared for our triumphant 14 title trophy being held aloft by Erik ten Hag :lol:

Rex Banner likes this.
  18. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

agreed.

Rex Banner likes this.
  19. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

A winger, cb, attacking mid and left back is the minimum required imo, possibly a fourth cm if Emery won't trust Willock (I would)

Chukwueze - £40m
    Konate - £40m
    Ziyech - £30m
    Tierney - £20m

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

That list isn't even un reasonable imo. From what I've heard about Konate he is going to be absolute immense in the future and very decent now, he's 6'4 and pretty quick.

With the way Kos is playing now, it would maybe makes sense to not bring in a £60+ million CB and use Sok, Kos and Holding while Konate gets used to PL.

We definitely need a LB as well and I'd trust AMN, Bellerin and Osei-Tutu to cover RB.

I'd be very happy with just 3 players in, Konate, Chukwueze and Tierney.

HBL likes this.