• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,373

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I think he’s talking bollocks, but if what he says has any truth to it it wouldn’t matter anyway. Emery isn’t Wenger. He doesn’t dictate transfer policy.

Most of those players haven’t progressed under him either. Iwobi and Xhaka are the same as always and Lacazette hasn’t improved it’s just he’s had a full season without injury disrupting it. Holding is the only one who has seriously gone up a level since Emery took over.

Ashybashy86

I think he’s talking bollocks, but if what he says has any truth to it it wouldn’t matter anyway. Emery isn’t Wenger. He doesn’t dictate transfer policy.

Most of those players haven’t progressed under him either. Iwobi and Xhaka are the same as always and Lacazette hasn’t improved it’s just he’s had a full season without injury disrupting it. Holding is the only one who has seriously gone up a level since Emery took over.
I saw an improvement in Bellerin too. Although he wasn’t mentioned tbf.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi was absolute dross last season I wanted him sold. Under Emery he has become a decent enough squad option we just need a new winger to bolster the position. He has actually spoken of Emery helping his confidence.

Xhaka has become way more important to the side under Emery, he was always alright but most would agree he has improved this season, much less error prone.

Some would argue Bellerin has actually improved as well

Lacazette was fighting injury issues last season as you said but overall Emery has had a positive effect on the side

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Iwobi was absolute dross last season I wanted him sold. Under Emery he has become a decent enough squad option we just need a new winger to bolster the position. He has actually spoken of Emery helping his confidence.

Xhaka has become way more important to the side under Emery, he was always alright but most would agree he has improved this season, much less error prone.

Some would argue Bellerin has actually improved as well

Lacazette was fighting injury issues last season as you said but overall Emery has had a positive effect on the side
Agree. Maitland-Niles hasn't gotten much better in the last month or two after injury as well. Not to mention Holding was looking great before his injury too.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The 2nd tier journos like Sam Dean and James Benge are making me miss Jeremy Wilson, look at this gem from the latter:
How does the 2nd part of that sentence make sense? Surely players on £150k a week would cost a higher fee than someone making just £50k

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

CL is at least 40M, and winning the EL is also another 8.5M.

It's way too early to say how much will really be available.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The 2nd tier journos like Sam Dean and James Benge are making me miss Jeremy Wilson, look at this gem from the latter:
How does the 2nd part of that sentence make sense? Surely players on £150k a week would cost a higher fee than someone making just £50k

Hold up, so that Sam Dean bloke is just a journo?

Like he wasnt a pro or coach etc..? Who gives a f*** then who he thinks has improved under Emery, he is no different than anyone discussing it on here yet they act like they have some inside knowledge or assessment instead of just being a bloke on twitter.

The Benge guy is just talking b.s like you've clearly pointed out, stuff like 'from what i've heard' holds zero weight whatsoever, 40-50mil BEFORE sales? Is he having a laugh?

I get they want the narrative to indicate we are poor but come on :lol:

We haven't had CL, spent more on one player than what they quote, have new sponsorship deals kicking in, stadium is doing well, tv money is there, the game is getting richer and richer with new territories and nations pumping money in to it yet we seem to be the only club in the prem who get poorer and poorer each year..

We are gonna fold come 2025 the rate we are going..

Last edited:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We have the same issues every summer
1. Not enough funds which aren’t helped by the fact we don’t sell well enough when we do get the chance
2. oo many positions to sort out every summer so most get neglected until it’s unbearable

We need one of our young players to unexpectedly blow so we can sell them for 200m

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
More than half the squad need replacing. Impossible to do in the summer unless we're going to promote a few youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom