• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Other than Aevius, hydro and Rex everyone on here despised Emi before his purple patch. Not sure why people act like I'm the only one.

Im not even sure I rated him. I just went with what Rex said about his loan time!

My point has always been that Emi purple patch showed what we are truly missing in Leno. I think for the last year or two Emi has been the better keeper.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Gonna seriously need a lot of signings if they all do go...

Are we though? I'd think with no European football we could do with a much more streamlined squad?

CB's should be fine numbers wise.

Azeez and Balogun are going to be integrated into the first team squad next year by all accounts.

There are some possible internal solutions like Nelson and Guendouzi at a stretch too.

CM is probably the only region I'd see us really overhauling.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are we though? I'd think with no European football we could do with a much more streamlined squad?

CB's should be fine numbers wise.

Azeez and Balogun are going to be integrated into the first team squad next year by all accounts.

There are some possible internal solutions like Nelson and Guendouzi at a stretch too.

CM is probably the only region I'd see us really overhauling.

Well you've gotta think if Leno, Luiz, Ceballos, Ødegaard, Willian and Xhaka specifically are out the door with Guendouzi and Torreira also going the squad streamlines but it's left short in quality big time. We didn't have the quality in the first place.

With all the above sales happening (not saying they all will) but if they do then you're looking at needing two keepers, a backup left back, right back, two CM's and at least one creative attacker. You could argue two. I don't think Nelson really has an immediate future he he'll go on loan. That's a lot of signings and the club are also supposedly looking at a RCB lol.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Well you've gotta think if Leno, Luiz, Ceballos, Ødegaard, Willian and Xhaka specifically are out the door with Guendouzi and Torreira also going the squad streamlines but it's left short in quality big time. We didn't have the quality in the first place.

With all the above sales happening (not saying they all will) but if they do then you're looking at needing two keepers, a backup left back, right back, two CM's and at least one creative attacker. You could argue two. I don't think Nelson really has an immediate future he he'll go on loan. That's a lot of signings and the club are also supposedly looking at a RCB lol.

Personally I think a lot of it is paper talk.

I do expect some big name outgoings such as Bellerin but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Leno and Xhaka at least are still here next season, possibly Willian too.

Guendouzi and Torreira are pretty much non-entities to me. I don't think either has any future here to be honest.

I'd be pretty surprised if we made more than 4-5 first team investments this summer.

As of now I'd say a back up LB and first eleven RB and one CM at least are certs. Probably a creative player too.

I guess a lot of our incomings will be dependant on how many we can move out and how much money we can get for them.

It'll definitely be an interesting window for us though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Personally I think a lot of it is paper talk.

I do expect some big name outgoings such as Bellerin but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Leno and Xhaka at least are still here next season, possibly Willian too.

Guendouzi and Torreira are pretty much non-entities to me. I don't think either has any future here to be honest.

I'd be pretty surprised if we made more than 4-5 first team investments this summer.

As of now I'd say a back up LB and first eleven RB and one CM at least are certs. Probably a creative player too.

I guess a lot of our incomings will be dependant on how many we can move out and how much money we can get for them.

It'll definitely be an interesting window for us though.

Yeah straight off the bat we will be looking looking sign 5, including the ones you mentioned plus Ryan imo. Then yeah Xhaka out player in, Leno out player in etc. I do agree we won't see all of them leave I'd be shocked if we did. Probably have Leno here but their contracts are a problem. Most only have two years left so now is probably the best time to cash In.

Let's play Aubamawang

come on! less than a minute of failure for over 4242 minutes played this season. Good percentage it seems. :fibs:
That's just one video I found. He's made plenty more howlers than that. Then there's pushing saves back into dangerous areas which he does regularly. Plenty of highlights mentioning Leno blunders. He's always had it in him, just look at the Leverkusen video where he sliced the ball into his own net.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Yeah straight off the bat we will be looking looking sign 5, including the ones you mentioned plus Ryan imo. Then yeah Xhaka out player in, Leno out player in etc. I do agree we won't see all of them leave I'd be shocked if we did. Probably have Leno here but their contracts are a problem. Most only have two years left so now is probably the best time to cash In.

Ah yeah, I forgot about Ryan.

I've got nothing against him, I think he's an adequate back up but I'd be looking at a HG keeper instead to be honest.

Runarsson has really messed us up here. You shouldn't have all 3 of your GK's non homegrown. 3rd choice is where you can usually cut a corner a bit and get a Stuart Taylor / Scott Carson type to bulk up the HG quota.

If not get Runarsson out on loan, keep Ryan and promote one of the academy kids to 3rd choice. I can't believe they'd be any worse than the puffin anyway :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

AFCbell confirming that the Kroenkes plan to do something "exceptional" this summer.

They do however say to approach the matter witb caution and wait to judge what they actually do.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

AFCbell confirming that the Kroenkes plan to do something "exceptional" this summer.

They do however say to approach the matter witb caution and wait to judge what they actually do.

So basically either Kroenke will invest or he won't. Not exactly ground breaking news from the Bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom