• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You will learn about our club this Summer. If you know how KSE operate and where we are, we are not spending the outlay you keep mentioning. It's gonna be from funds we generate and resources we can find within the team. Having Guendouzi, Saliba, and Willock back will be like new players.

u w

Hahahaha.

I know exactly how they operate. This summer is a different scenario and a scenario that we've never had before. If you believe in what you're saying then your opinion is we won't make any signings until players are sold.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You will learn about our club this Summer. If you know how KSE operate and where we are, we are not spending the outlay you keep mentioning. It's gonna be from funds we generate and resources we can find within the team. Having Guendouzi, Saliba, and Willock back will be like new players.

u w
Spot on. We're totally broke, making a loss each year and loaned up to the eyeballs with no fans at the stadium, and no European money to come. The best this club can do is sell players and offload wages. Bring back Guendouzi, Saliba and Willock and use any money from sales to get a new manager in that can bring the best out of them. Steve Bruce showed us the way.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Spot on. We're totally broke, making a loss each year and loaned up to the eyeballs with no fans at the stadium, and no European money to come. The best this club can do is sell players and offload wages. Bring back Guendouzi, Saliba and Willock and use any money from sales to get a new manager in that can bring the best out of them. Steve Bruce showed us the way.

Do you not think this is the reason why KSE will spend ffs? Literally just wrote all the reasons why they will spend. Plus I believe FFP isn't in play for now. So they can do as much as they want.

We will sign 5 before any major departures. Ryan, Bertrand, RB, CM and a creative player. Simple as that and to do so KSE will, like you said, have to invest.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do you not think this is the reason why KSE will spend ffs? Literally just wrote all the reasons why they will spend. Plus I believe FFP isn't in play for now. So they can do as much as they want.

We will sign 5 before any major departures. Ryan, Bertrand, RB, CM and a creative player. Simple as that and to do so KSE will, like you said, have to invest.
Hairspray wake up, you're dreaming again.

Iceman10

Established Member
Even a few months back when everything was still uncertain with Covid, I saw mega contracts continuing on in baseball (MLB) as if nothing happened, so in general the sporting world is looking forward and as crowds come back into stadia, five years from now the last year of Covid will be seen as noise for owners and the money men of sports. That doesn't mean Barca, Real Madrid, Italian clubs do not have money problems but most of that is due to decisions regardless of Covid.

Arsenal typically spend 70m (net spend) a transfer window. Take 40m out of that and that leaves 30m. We have a lighter wage bill and have sales to be made this summer. I wouldn't say 100-120m spend on buys is unrealistic even if the Kroenke's don't do anything, although they certainly will still try to pretend it is all them like they did for Partey. Probably best to not box yourself in because you know your comments will be bookmarked (not by me) and used against you, even though it will probably be done by someone with little/no gravitas here. 😉

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

We will sign 5 before any major departures. Ryan, Bertrand, RB, CM and a creative player. Simple as that and to do so KSE will, like you said, have to invest

This is the flaw in your argument mate. KSE don't HAVE to invest anything.

You're coming at it from a fans perspective which is totally cool, your primary point of concern is on field success.

The problem is all the evidence from Kroenke's ownership to date shows that on field success is way down on their order of priorities.

If we achieve on field success within Kroenke's established business model I'm sure he'll be happy. If we don't he's not going to lose any sleep over it though. It's just not a priority for him and all the evidence to date tells us that.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We have 5 first-team players we probably we need to replace, as BaldSpray says you're easily looking at 30M for at least 3 of them. I can see us spending easily 150M, then depending on other fees for players leaving, we'll see who else we can get.

This summer is a once-in-a-million opportunity.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Even a few months back when everything was still uncertain with Covid, I saw mega contracts continuing on in baseball (MLB) as if nothing happened, so in general the sporting world is looking forward and as crowds come back into stadia, five years from now the last year of Covid will be seen as noise for owners and the money men of sports. That doesn't mean Barca, Real Madrid, Italian clubs do not have money problems but most of that is due to decisions regardless of Covid.

Arsenal typically spend 70m (net spend) a transfer window. Take 40m out of that and that leaves 30m. We have a lighter wage bill and have sales to be made this summer. I wouldn't say 100-120m spend on buys is unrealistic even if the Kroenke's don't do anything, although they certainly will still try to pretend it is all them like they did for Partey. Probably best to not box yourself in because you know your comments will be bookmarked (not by me) and used against you, even though it will probably be done by someone with little/no gravitas here. 😉

I think an optimistic perspective is to say we'll have a good window by Arsenal's standards, so as you say spending around 100-120m. What we won't have is a good window by super club standards, we can't spend 220m like Chelsea did last summer.

Iceman10

Established Member
I think an optimistic perspective is to say we'll have a good window by Arsenal's standards, so as you say spending around 100-120m. What we won't have is a good window by super club standards, we can't spend 220m like Chelsea did last summer.
Unless the Kroenke's do something real, not symbolic gestures, and not making a big deal about a total spent on buys largely facilitated by sales.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Talented player, seems too premature to make such a big move, though. Would've expected him to first make the step to Feyenoord/PSV (Ajax doesn't need him).

7m would be massive for Sparta, their annual balance is around 10m.

Is that a reliable source?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Talented player, seems too premature to make such a big move, though. Would've expected him to first make the step to Feyenoord/PSV (Ajax doesn't need him).

7m would be massive for Sparta, their annual balance is around 10m.

From the compilations he looks pretty decent, not really a defensive midfielder, more of a no. 8. His stats in comparison to the most highly rated young midfielder in the league also don't look too shabby. I was surprised to see he's 23, is he just a late bloomer?

Who knows, anyway, interesting to find out about new players.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Probably my favourite offensive player in this draft class. He can do everything, scored 15+ goals in the league every season for the last 5 years, brilliant player. Think he'll go Sp**s when Kane leaves, while they bed in a younger striker behind him. Top-level for 3 years while we bed in Martinelli is ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom