• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Looks great man !
Especially, without seeing some places in the video where he starts off in and the info, I'd have him down as an attacking winger - very technical.

Also usually very concerned with guys that didnt do much noteworthy in a relatively weak league at 23 years of age. But there are exceptions after all.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Is that a reliable source?
Generally, yes.
From the compilations he looks pretty decent, not really a defensive midfielder, more of a no. 8. His stats in comparison to the most highly rated young midfielder in the league also don't look too shabby. I was surprised to see he's 23, is he just a late bloomer?

Who knows, anyway, interesting to find out about new players.
Bit of a late bloomer, but has always played for the youth national squads. This is his breakthrough season at Sparta. A defensive midfielder in the Eredivisie generally plays more like a deep-lying playmaker than an enforcer, but I think he is defensively quite solid.

Again, I do think it would be better if he plays at Feyenoord next season than at Arsenal, the step is too big imo. Could buy and loan, but can we really afford to spend too many resources on development projects? To me you do that for potential Martinelli's like Olise etc. Not sure he would classify for this. If he does well at Feyenoord/PSV he wouldn't cost more than 15m anyway, so that's a risk worth taking.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looks great man !
Especially, without seeing some places in the video where he starts off in and the info, I'd have him down as an attacking winger - very technical.

Also usually very concerned with guys that didnt do much noteworthy in a relatively weak league at 23 years of age. But there are exceptions after all.

There are exceptions, for sure, not every player is well-known at 19. I don't know why he's so unknown at 23, he clearly looks like a good player. Not sure I'd describe him as a winger though, looks like a no. 8 to me, sort of like Ramsey.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is the flaw in your argument mate. KSE don't HAVE to invest anything.

You're coming at it from a fans perspective which is totally cool, your primary point of concern is on field success.

The problem is all the evidence from Kroenke's ownership to date shows that on field success is way down on their order of priorities.

If we achieve on field success within Kroenke's established business model I'm sure he'll be happy. If we don't he's not going to lose any sleep over it though. It's just not a priority for him and all the evidence to date tells us that.

I think it would be flawed if all the talk was purely coming from tabloids, because its fairly obvious in that case it's a bit of a bluff.

However we've heard it from Arteta's mouth, and whatever you think about the man if he's been made promises then they will be honoured.

Scottish_Gooner.

It's all fair and well saying we can sell all these players and make roughly 150m. Clubs are skint due to the pandemic. Not every player we want gone is going to manage to find a buyer. Valuations will be lowered, a lot of clubs won't meet Arsenal's demands. If that's the case they will stay.

Kysus

Probably my favourite offensive player in this draft class. He can do everything, scored 15+ goals in the league every season for the last 5 years, brilliant player. Think he'll go Sp**s when Kane leaves, while they bed in a younger striker behind him. Top-level for 3 years while we bed in Martinelli is ideal.

My grandma would score 15+ goals in the Bundesliga.
And she is dead.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's all fair and well saying we can sell all these players and make roughly 150m. Clubs are skint due to the pandemic. Not every player we want gone is going to manage to find a buyer. Valuations will be lowered, a lot of clubs won't meet Arsenal's demands. If that's the case they will stay.

We need to base outgoings on last summer to be frank. Lots of loan with options/obligations to buy. I don't think Leno will go and tbh I don't even think Xhaka will go. Laca and Auba will 100% be here.

By hook or by crook Bellerin will be pushed out. I think he'll end up leaving on loan with an obligation to buy at around £20M. Willian will go, AMN will go and I think Willock has a good chance of going if Newcastle come in with £25-30M. After that Torreira and Douzi are pretty much guaranteed to leave.

And what do we know regarding incomings?

• Fabrizio has said we will 100% be signing a right back, so like I said that's £20-30M straight away.
  • Ceballos has gone meaning we will be signing a CM, Bissouma has been heavily linked. That's another £30M
  • Ødegaard is going and is likely to stay at Madrid under the new manager. So once again we need a creative player in the side. Even Ødegaard on a permanent deal would cost around £45M, so you're looking at £50-80M for this sort of player at a high level.
  • We know we absolutely want a backup left back but that'll either be free or very little money.
  • Maty Ryan will cost around £5M-£10M as backup goalkeeper.
  • Ornstein said we're after a RCB, can't see it myself and if it does happen it'll be later on in the window.
So minus the CB there's your 5 incomings WITHOUT sales, and unless we get loans in every single position KSE will be investing. Sales come after that and anyone sold IE Xhaka will be replaced accordingly.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need to base outgoings on last summer to be frank. Lots of loan with options/obligations to buy. I don't think Leno will go and tbh I don't even think Xhaka will go. Laca and Auba will 100% be here.

By hook or by crook Bellerin will be pushed out. I think he'll end up leaving on loan with an obligation to buy at around £20M. Willian will go, AMN will go and I think Willock has a good chance of going if Newcastle come in with £25-30M. After that Torreira and Douzi are pretty much guaranteed to leave.

And what do we know regarding incomings?

• Fabrizio has said we will 100% be signing a right back, so like I said that's £20-30M straight away.
  • Ceballos has gone meaning we will be signing a CM, Bissouma has been heavily linked. That's another £30M
  • Ødegaard is going and is likely to stay at Madrid under the new manager. So once again we need a creative player in the side. Even Ødegaard on a permanent deal would cost around £45M, so you're looking at £50-80M for this sort of player at a high level.
  • We know we absolutely want a backup left back but that'll either be free or very little money.
  • Maty Ryan will cost around £5M-£10M as backup goalkeeper.
  • Ornstein said we're after a RCB, can't see it myself and if it does happen it'll be later on in the window.
So minus the CB there's your 5 incomings WITHOUT sales, and unless we get loans in every single position KSE will be investing. Sales come after that and anyone sold IE Xhaka will be replaced accordingly.

I wouldn't be so sure Willian will go. When thinking about outgoings you gotta think about it from the other club's perspective, how likely is it you'd want that player and be able to do a deal for them. If we're talking about our players on relatively modest wages, like Willock, AMN, Nketiah, Nelson, Guendouzi and (to a lesser extent) Torreira, they're easier deals to do. Willian, Leno, Xhaka, Lacazette, Kolasinac and Bellerin are all on higher wages. Much harder deals to do, much harder to find a club willing and able to offer them a contract. We'd be lucky to get 2 of those 6 out the door.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I wouldn't be so sure Willian will go. When thinking about outgoings you gotta think about it from the other club's perspective, how likely is it you'd want that player and be able to do a deal for them. If we're talking about our players on relatively modest wages, like Willock, AMN, Nketiah, Nelson, Guendouzi and (to a lesser extent) Torreira, they're easier deals to do. Willian, Leno, Xhaka, Lacazette, Kolasinac and Bellerin are all on higher wages. Much harder deals to do, much harder to find a club willing and able to offer them a contract. We'd be lucky to get 2 of those 6 out the door.

Kolasinac won't be here at all think that's a guarantee. Like I said Laca, Xhaka and Leno will likely be here. Bellerin won't have any place here after we sign a right back, but even if he stays he's homegrown so its not that big of a deal. Willian is on 100k a week so it shouldn't be a problem for other clubs.

This is where guys like @El Duderino bringing up the signing on fee and spreading it across Willian's contract come unstuck. The guys on a base salary of 100k a week meaning anywhere he were to go to would have to pay over that 100k a week not the 200k+ or whatever it is which includes bonuses.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully, we'll be able to do our business early, but with all the outgoings that we need....it would seem unlikely.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Seems like a made up rumour. I can’t find one other person on Twitter who has mentioned this.
Yeah, I took a closer look on the AD website and can't seem to find the article. Seemed farfetched to begin with. Will definitely keep an eye on his development, though.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Hopefully, we'll be able to do our business early, but with all the outgoings that we need....it would seem unlikely.

They will get a sh1tload of cash and have a fantastic plan. If we are supposed to believe this we should get 99% of our business done before july. But we wont.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Kolasinac won't be here at all think that's a guarantee. Like I said Laca, Xhaka and Leno will likely be here. Bellerin won't have any place here after we sign a right back, but even if he stays he's homegrown so its not that big of a deal. Willian is on 100k a week so it shouldn't be a problem for other clubs.

This is where guys like @El Duderino bringing up the signing on fee and spreading it across Willian's contract come unstuck. The guys on a base salary of 100k a week meaning anywhere he were to go to would have to pay over that 100k a week not the 200k+ or whatever it is which includes bonuses.

He's not on a 100k base salary tho? The Sun reported he's earning 220k a week for three years just the other day.

Seeing as he won't be leaving the club until the end of his contract, that's quite a lot of money for a player who's stinking up the place.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's not on a 100k base salary tho? The Sun reported he's earning 220k a week for three years just the other day.

Seeing as he won't be leaving the club until the end of his contract, that's quite a lot of money for a player who's stinking up the place.
I'd be amazed if we could shift him without contributing to wages out his contract period (2023). Over to you Gaspar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom