• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Need to be shrewder and recruit players already adapted to the league/British football.

Aarons
Bogle
Lamptey
Sander Berge
Bissouma
Buendia
Pedro Neto
Toney
Edouard
Raya
Joao Pedro
Olise
Adam Armstrong
Josh DaSilva

All would be smart pick-ups.
Where’s this myth that Sander Berge is half decent come from? Hes utter gash. Levels below Xhaka and we’re trying to improve on him.

Breezy

Where’s this myth that Sander Berge is half decent come from? Hes utter gash. Levels below Xhaka and we’re trying to improve on him.

Higher ceiling than Xhaka. Physically more suited to this league. Technically proficient, press resistant. can carry the ball, can shoot and positionally versatile. Xhaka has a bigger passing range and more experience. That’s about it.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Higher ceiling than Xhaka. Physically more suited to this league. Technically proficient, press resistant. can carry the ball, can shoot and positionally versatile. Xhaka has a bigger passing range and more experience. That’s about it.
He’s bang average whenever I’ve seen watched him play. Slow in possession, plays the safe pass almost every time, not quick, not physically imposing, rarely seen him shoot and when he has hasn’t been great. He’s not all that.

Im far from being a Xhaka fan but he really is miles ahead of Berge. Not sure about him being press resistant either.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He’s bang average whenever I’ve seen watched him play. Slow in possession, plays the safe pass almost every time, not quick, not physically imposing, rarely seen him shoot and when he has hasn’t been great. He’s not all that.

Im far from being a Xhaka fan but he really is miles ahead of Berge. Not sure about him being press resistant either.
Berge is one of those players who had good rep before he came to England and as nobody watched him, stayed having good rep amongst other fans. He is not even the best cm at his club and he is not close to xhaka in ability

Reactions: roz

Iceman10

Established Member
There are about 3-4 options for LB this summer with contracts expiring but we’re not hearing anything despite them able to sign pre-contracts at this point? Is that normal? I guess the ongoing season is priority with much to play for for clubs and players but I would hope to be seeing rumours of the club approaching players/agents.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Think we need a forward, a CM, a RB, LB and back-up GK, plus i'd keep Ceballos and Ødegaard.

Make Ryan permanent, or whoever, don't care. Don't know which fullbacks, don't even know what a fullback is anymore. Leave it to Arteta to figure out. Extend Luiz for 1 year and bring Saliba back.

Make Ceballos permanent and convince Madrid to give us Ødegaard another year with option/obligation to buy. Bring in a new CM. Like the look of Gerson at Flamengo and Joan Jordan at Sevilla. Need someone good on the ball.

Sell Laca and buy a new forward.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Think we need a forward, a CM, a RB, LB and back-up GK, plus i'd keep Ceballos and Ødegaard.

Make Ryan permanent, or whoever, don't care. Don't know which fullbacks, don't even know what a fullback is anymore. Leave it to Arteta to figure out. Extend Luiz for 1 year and bring Saliba back.

Make Ceballos permanent and convince Madrid to give us Ødegaard another year with option/obligation to buy. Bring in a new CM. Like the look of Gerson at Flamengo and Joan Jordan at Sevilla. Need someone good on the ball.

Sell Laca and buy a new forward.
Dear god no. (I do agree mostly with your shortlist of positions, though).

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

We need more than just 1 CM this summer. With Willock on loan, Ceballos not being signed (hopefully) and Elneny off (hopefully), we need to focus on that position to surround Xhaka & Partey with some more class & competition.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We need more than just 1 CM this summer. With Willock on loan, Ceballos not being signed (hopefully) and Elneny off (hopefully), we need to focus on that position to surround Xhaka & Partey with some more class & competition.
Realistically we can only get one, though, given the high amount of players we need to bring in.
So bring back Willock and integrate Azeez to have enough bodies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Realistically we can only get one, though, given the high amount of players we need to bring in.
So bring back Willock and integrate Azeez to have enough bodies.
I think Willock should spend next season at Newcastle and the extent of which Azeez will be integrated is interesting. He'll be 19 and I'm not sure Arteta has fully shown that he can place faith in youngsters. Ideally, I'd like this in midfield:

Partey
Xhaka
New Signing
New Signing
Azeez (Cups, EL etc.)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Guendouzi don't want to stay then we have no choice just to sell like Laca we need 2 midfielders anyway so hopefully we can get 15-20M from him even tho he haven't helped himself much this season.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dear god no. (I do agree mostly with your shortlist of positions, though).

I don't love Luiz or Ceballos, but I don't see an issue with them. They're good squad players.

5 CBs is a decent number, 4 isn't enough with the schedule these days, and we've spent enough money on CBs in recent years. Luiz, Saliba, Holding, Gabriel and Mari is fine.

Guendouzi and Torreira will leave. If you assume Partey and Xhaka stay, and you buy another quality midfielder, you have 3 CMs. Who's the 4th? Ceballos is better than Elneny, Willock and AMN, and Azeez hasn't broken through yet. I'd rather spend 20m on Ceballos, plus it might help us keep Ødegaard.

Don't get me wrong I still want a quality midfielder, don't know who it is but we need one.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't love Luiz or Ceballos, but I don't see an issue with them. They're good squad players.

5 CBs is a decent number, 4 isn't enough with the schedule these days, and we've spent enough money on CBs in recent years. Luiz, Saliba, Holding, Gabriel and Mari is fine.

Guendouzi and Torreira will leave. If you assume Partey and Xhaka stay, and you buy another quality midfielder, you have 3 CMs. Who's the 4th? Ceballos is better than Elneny, Willock and AMN, and Azeez hasn't broken through yet. I'd rather spend 20m on Ceballos, plus it might help us keep Ødegaard.

Don't get me wrong I still want a quality midfielder, don't know who it is but we need one.
Wavy new avi, I'm thinking of buying their kit this season which resembles that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Bin Guendouzi off for whatever you can in the summer. Not worth the hassle.

He's a talent but he's the sort of player that's going to spend a lot of time riding the bench for teams like Hertha if he doesn't sort himself out.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
We need a good rb around 24 years old to replace hector, cedric can be the back up
And need a cedric like experienced lb backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom