• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
If we're not in Europe next season then a lot of focus is going to have to remain on stripping this squad down and rebuilding up. Sales remain as important as buys, if not more so. Add with players like Buendia if possible, I don't know if anyone else is going for him if Norwich are prepared to sell, but this is the kind of signing we should stick to for now, make sure at least one or two younger players get integrated in on top of ESR and Saka, so definitely Martinelli, but managed better than this current manager is doing. Next season is about Top 6 for me from where we are. We need to right the ship and start seeing some positive progress. Might seem bland, but I'm trying to be pragmatic and realistic, as well as constructive.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have 30 players in squad that I'm counting players that on loan and Ceballos Ødegaard going back to Madrid. We chosen amazing time not being in Europe in pandemic and clubs are in financial troubles.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I think this summer is probably the biggest in this clubs history.

If KSE were serious then you'd **** a lot of this squad off completely, get whatever you can and then KSE inject maybe £200-300M.

That's what's needed, not sure that's what will happen though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I think this summer is probably the biggest in this clubs history.

If KSE were serious then you'd **** a lot of this squad off completely, get whatever you can and then KSE inject maybe £200-300M.

That's what's needed, not sure that's what will happen though.

It's really not needed at all, we can spend all the money in the world but when your manager doesn't have a clue you'll get nowhere. I keep seeing this nonsense we need to spend 200M and it kills me.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd be happy if we signed nobody this summer, don't want the squad getting even further flooded with players we'd then need to be getting rid of within a year.

Shift a few of our higher earners, get all the loanees back and work with that. There's no Europe next season so we don't need a massive squad anyway. Need to leave as manageable a squad as possible for whenever Arteta is sacked.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's really not needed at all, we can spend all the money in the world but when your manager doesn't have a clue you'll get nowhere. I keep seeing this nonsense we need to spend 200M and it kills me.

To get top 4 you're right, we don't need £200M. But to actually start challenging with Chelsea and City on a sustained basis we would have to spend £200M next summer at least.

Forget about the manager. Say Leno actually does leave, we need to sign a keeper and sign Ryan permanently, we need a right back, we need a backup left back and we need two central midfielders. And then after that we need a LW and a AM/creative mid. Not even considering Auba will be gone in two years and we'll need a top class striker to replace him.

Whilst the squad is good enough to not have seen what we've seen this season, it is nowhere near good enough to challenge the top teams. All you have to do is watch the CL semi finals and you'll see how far away we are.

How much would you suggest we need to spend? What's your goal exactly? Because City and Chelsea won't stop spending money, they'll always spend £100M or so every summer. And baring in mind we're a good £400M behind both squad wise already, it means over the next 2 summers we would have to spend £250M in each to even consider being up there with them.

You don't build to get into the top 4, you build to win a title. When we are talking about the top premier league spot now @Makingtrax squad cost argument is valid. You can win a one off title with less spend like Leicester, but you won't sustain that and you'll do what Leicester did bouncing around between 10th and 3rd after that title win.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

All our main targets should be in the 20-25 age range, time to rebuild properly and think long term. Need to sell as many as we can too, no need to have such a big squad with no europa games either.

Laca and Eddie probably have to go because of their contract situations.

I hope we give Willock games next year. Can’t get any worse than Elneny and Ceballos.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
All our main targets should be in the 20-25 age range, time to rebuild properly and think long term. Need to sell as many as we can too, no need to have such a big squad with no europa games either.

I think I'd probably keep -

Ryan, Tierney, Saliba, Mari, Gabriel, Partey, Willock, Saka, Martinelli, ESR and Balogun.

The rest I don't really care about I wont lie :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You don't build to get into the top 4, you build to win a title. When we are talking about the top premier league spot now @Makingtrax squad cost argument is valid. You can win a one off title with less spend like Leicester, but you won't sustain that and you'll do what Leicester did bouncing around between 10th and 3rd after that title win.
Liverpool are doing the same though. You build to get as high as you can. If a club below the top 3 can win a one off title it’ll be a rare occurrence as history shows us. Continuous top 4 is almost harder though.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Who cares about signings. Get the dross out first.

I’ll get excited about bringing players in once we’ve only got Saka, ESR, Balogun and Martinelli in the first team squad.

Not only that, if we look at the signings under Arteta you see a list of players who’ve got worse under his management. Partey is a shadow of the player he was. Gabriel was one of the best CBs in Ligue 1 and is now benched by some bum from the Brazilian league. Willian is a lot worse than he was in his last season at Chelsea.

Any player we sign will have their footballing ability sucked out of them by Arteta.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

To get top 4 you're right, we don't need £200M. But to actually start challenging with Chelsea and City on a sustained basis we would have to spend £200M next summer at least.

Forget about the manager. Say Leno actually does leave, we need to sign a keeper and sign Ryan permanently, we need a right back, we need a backup left back and we need two central midfielders. And then after that we need a LW and a AM/creative mid. Not even considering Auba will be gone in two years and we'll need a top class striker to replace him.

Whilst the squad is good enough to not have seen what we've seen this season, it is nowhere near good enough to challenge the top teams. All you have to do is watch the CL semi finals and you'll see how far away we are.

How much would you suggest we need to spend? What's your goal exactly? Because City and Chelsea won't stop spending money, they'll always spend £100M or so every summer. And baring in mind we're a good £400M behind both squad wise already, it means over the next 2 summers we would have to spend £250M in each to even consider being up there with them.

His point was that you can have any players in the world, if they're managed by a guy who takes off his star striker with 15 mins to go when the team just needs to score one goal, their talent is not going to be maximised.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After seeing the state of the midfield yesterday, I can't stress enough how important it is we get some proper number 8's into the club. We literally have no one that can play that role. We need a guy that will be an attacking threat from that position, and a guy that can press and win the ball higher up the pitch at the very minimum.

I'm completely fine with Partey/Xhaka/ElNeny as the deeper midfield options. No Europe next season means ElNeny won't get near the team. To be honest it's a massive chance to trim the squad and go with a group of 17/18 first team players supplemented with the youth.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If you like Arteta or not even if he is still in charge we desperately want improvements we can't next season with midfield that have 1 quality player a youngster creative number 10 and no quality RB not to mention that probobly we selling Laca too. if Arteta failed at least the new manager will have respectable squad.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Tariq Lamptey that everyone is creaming over is another Chelsea “reject”.

Can’t call it reject if he hasn’t even get the chance to prove it, that’s why I call Gilmour as prospect just like Lamptey. Abraham had a chance to prove it.

And Lamptey hasn’t even prove himself enough. He’s being too overrated in here.

Malky

Established Member
Can’t call it reject if he hasn’t even get the chance to prove it, that’s why I call Gilmour as prospect just like Lamptey. Abraham had a chance to prove it.

And Lamptey hasn’t even prove himself enough. He’s being too overrated in here.
Don't see the hype with Lamptey as a RB, it would be replacing Bellerin for a smaller version of Bellerin (granted a better attacking version) - he gets forward, has pace but he looks so suspect defensively, plays more like a winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom