• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

This is so happening lmao. Villa have slapped a price on his head. It'll end up being done for £60M + add ons.

To add to that City are out the race as they believe its too expensive for a player that they're already stacked with position wise.
Oblak- 70M
Bogle- 20M
Aouar- 30M
Grealish- 80M

Lovely stuff.
Family Guy Cockroach GIF

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
ESR/Aouar/Partey in a 3 is something I want us to try. No pure 10, all can help out defensively

Could be a sort of imitation of Fernandinho-Silva-KdB City had. Thoughts?

I think you need options and having Aouar and ESR would allow us to do a lot of things. Only thing with Aouar is you have to play a 433 with him in the side. He isnt a 10, naturally a LCM. Depends what road we want to go down.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think you need options and having Aouar and ESR would allow us to do a lot of things. Only thing with Aouar is you have to play a 433 with him in the side. He isnt a 10, naturally a LCM. Depends what road we want to go down.
I think we can get ESR to play in midfield too. A 3 with Aouar and ESR will be creative and ESR is very willing to track back. Partey in the Fernandinho role.

I think if we sort out midfield this window, then our attack will flow better naturally anyway, and our defence will improve more

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we can get ESR to play in midfield too. A 3 with Aouar and ESR will be creative and ESR is very willing to track back. Partey in the Fernandinho role.

I think if we sort out midfield this window, then our attack will flow better naturally anyway, and our defence will improve more

100% we need to sort the midfield out. Im expecting two midfield signings.

Said this earlier but I think we get three major signings before August and then depending on who we can shift we will get another CM.

Think the three main players we'll go for are Bissouma, Grealish and Max Aarons. Hakimi is a complete pipe dream even more so than Grealish so I think Aarons is fairly realistic.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That’s why I said ‘’top 2’’ not no 1.

When discussing about transfer, I always focus on what benefits the manager’s system. In Arteta’s case, it’s pretty obvious how he wants to play. 35m for 10 years plus long term right back is a very good investment.

I wouldn’t be buying players for his system since he’s incompetent and shouldn’t be the Arsenal manager.

I also don’t agree with this 10 years investment that fans always like to use. Didn’t Man Utd fans say that with Smalling and Jones they were going to be set for 10 years etc? It’s hard to predict what will happen in the career of a player to make those sort of statements even Ravel Morisson is another prime example of that.

Like I said, I would go for an under the radar RB like Arsène Wenger done with Sagna and even Lauren. No need to spend the majority of our funds on a RB when we could target better players in other positions.

bonzka

Plenty of proper journos wading in with statements of a bold Arsenal summer. Arteta gobbling off too. It's on the cards.

Statement of intent needs to be early and they need to be decisive with ins & outs. Something this lot sadly lack. But it'll be an interesting sideshow to the Euros.

I think Arteta has 10 games next year and if he's still underperforming he's gone. Investment needs return.

Let's hope we have a Lampard/Tuchel turnaround if that's the case.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We need a 22-23 year old with Nasri profile. Someone we can sell for resale, but is already good.

No more than 25 million. Grealish would want to be to earner...we cant risk stupid wages anymore.

Need to look for Portuguese talents....they have a super generation going on right now along with England.

Francisco Trincao

TornadoTed

Established Member
100% we need to sort the midfield out. Im expecting two midfield signings.

Said this earlier but I think we get three major signings before August and then depending on who we can shift we will get another CM.

Think the three main players we'll go for are Bissouma, Grealish and Max Aarons. Hakimi is a complete pipe dream even more so than Grealish so I think Aarons is fairly realistic.

Personally I think there is way less chance of signing Aarons and Buendia than there is of signing Hakimi and Grealish and I think they are highly unlikely.

I've said it before but in 36 years following football I can't think of one single example of a promoted side selling their best players on promotion. Probably even less likely now with a £100m+ jackpot.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need a 22-23 year old with Nasri profile. Someone we can sell for resale, but is already good.

No more than 25 million. Grealish would want to be to earner...we cant risk stupid wages anymore.

Need to look for Portuguese talents....they have a super generation going on right now along with England.

Francisco Trincao

Generally agree yeah, but you make exceptions for very special players. Grealish is in that very special category, he was the best player in the league before his injury. Really doubt this club actually has the balls to get him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom