• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just watched Brighton vs Palace, as someone who has Brighton as a second team I gotta say f off to Palace. Twice now this season these absolute ****housers have robbed Brighton. They were literally defending in their own 6 yard box for large periods of the game but end up winning... typical Brighton though I guess.

Anyway the reason I came here was to say that even though I didn't watch the game thoroughly, Bissouma looked poor. So many sloppy passes against a parked bus. It looks like hes more of a payer suited to a team that sits back. I don't think he has the credentials on the ball to work here, maybe we should target someone else.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just watched Brighton vs Palace, as someone who has Brighton as a second team I gotta say **** you to Palace. Twice now this season these absolute ****housers have robbed Brighton. They were literally defending in their own 6 yard box for large periods of the game but end up winning... typical Brighton though I guess.

Anyway the reason I came here was to say that even though I didn't watch the game thoroughly, Bissouma looked poor. So many sloppy passes against a parked bus. It looks like hes more of a payer suited to a team that sits back. I don't think he has the credentials on the ball to work here, maybe we should target someone else.

Palace are the ultimate troll team. They’re honestly unmatched.

You kept Mateta in draft FPL though right?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Palace are the ultimate troll team. They’re honestly unmatched.

You kept Mateta in draft FPL though right?
:lol::lol::lol: I bottled it and moved back to Ayew. He got an assist today at least. Palace are so annoying with their strikers, they think they're a pound shop Real Madrid with all these options. They can't seem to pick one consistently.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We need to go ham this summer.

Get Grealish.
Get a honking-stonking striker like Haarland
Get a RB

This is the bare minimum needed to get back into top-4 contention.
Front 3 of Saka Haaland Grealish would eventually make us CL contenders nvm top 4.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Welcome César Azpilicueta

Wouldn't even be surprised if we actually did that. Spanish (Basque, in fact), RB who can cut inside, experienced, Chelsea player who has lost his spot to a younger player. Has Arteta written all over it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn't even be surprised if we actually did that. Spanish (Basque, in fact), RB who can cut inside, experienced, Chelsea player who has lost his spot to a younger player. Has Arteta written all over it.
Sold! How does 3 years sound?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Sold! How does 3 years sound?
tenor.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jayden. Bogle.
It's staring them in the face. Cedric as back-up first then one of the Hale End RBs, but Bogle is the one who I think can hold down our RB spot for a really long time - or at least until we get a stupid bid we can't say no to.

Bit weak defensively at times, but has potential in that area. Great offensive RB, great dribbler who's technical enough to play an inside game - the one that Arteta tries to get Bellerin to play. Good acceleration. He makes way too much sense.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We aren't going from 10th to title contender in one season though. It will take a lot going our way for that to happen any time in the foreseeable future I think. Big investment, top management and/or some LCFC type one-season magic maybe. We are so far from all of that right now.

Top four should be the goal for next year and then try to go from there and see what happens I think.
But aren't we back to square one, then? This just puts us back to probably 2017/2018.

Liverpool invested an insane amount of money, and got incredibly lucky (with Salah). But they still barely made the team work for two seasons.

My point is that I am just tired to doing top4 (hypothetically) again for the next three season. I'd rather we blow our load on Grealish and Haarland, get a league and die peacefully like Blackburn.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's staring them in the face. Cedric as back-up first then one of the Hale End RBs, but Bogle is the one who I think can hold down our RB spot for a really long time - or at least until we get a stupid bid we can't say no to.

Bit weak defensively at times, but has potential in that area. Great offensive RB, great dribbler who's technical enough to play an inside game - the one that Arteta tries to get Bellerin to play. Good acceleration. He makes way too much sense.
Haven't we missed the boat on that one? Went to Sheffield for like €5m or something? Should've pounced then, as many were advocating on here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Weak rumors linking us with Juan Barnat PSG LB 28 years this March free agent this summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Haven't we missed the boat on that one? Went to Sheffield for like €5m or something? Should've pounced then, as many were advocating on here.
IMO he'll still be cheaper than the likes of Aarons and Lamptey (who I do rate to a large extent). Especially if Sheffield United go down.

Weak rumors linking us with Juan Barnat PSG LB 28 years this March free agent this summer.
Cedric 2.0 sounds like. I'm more OK with it in this regard because Bernat is decent and Tierney is young enough and good enough to not be worried. Would Bernat come here to play 2nd fiddle though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom