• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But aren't we back to square one, then? This just puts us back to probably 2017/2018.

Liverpool invested an insane amount of money, and got incredibly lucky (with Salah). But they still barely made the team work for two seasons.

My point is that I am just tired to doing top4 (hypothetically) again for the next three season. I'd rather we blow our load on Grealish and Haarland, get a league and die peacefully like Blackburn.
Erling Braut Haaland is not coming here. Don't do this to yourselves.

wolfkidultman

IMO he'll still be cheaper than the likes of Aarons and Lamptey (who I do rate to a large extent). Especially if Sheffield United go down.

Cedric 2.0 sounds like. I'm more OK with it in this regard because Bernat is decent and Tierney is young enough and good enough to not be worried. Would Bernat come here to play 2nd fiddle though?

Hopefully he wouldn’t come with that mentality. Tierney needs competition. He’s hardly perfect. Bernat would be an incredible signing and would fancy his chances of being first choice.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Going to be a poverty summer i think with noises already coming out about restricted finances. Don’t know why I bother with this pathetic club tbh.

I’m guessing we’ll sell Saliba, Guendouzi, AMN, Nelson etc to raise funds etc, and try to finish top 8 next year.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Apparently we had interest in this guy and they thought it was 'weird' that he moved to MLS, but there's still interest there. Must say it was a weird move for him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Apparently we had interest in this guy and they thought it was 'weird' that he moved to MLS, but there's still interest there. Must say it was a weird move for him.

Seemed to have great stats in a poverty league and still relatively young, but I gotta say, just from his youtube vids I watched back when we got first linked, there was really nothing that got me excited about this kid.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Seemed to have great stats in a poverty league and still relatively young, but I gotta say, just from his youtube vids I watched back when we got first linked, there was really nothing that got me excited about this kid.

Yh if we buy a striker I want someone taller and more physical tbh

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Erling Braut Haaland is not coming here. Don't do this to yourselves.
I didn't believe Özil would come.
I didn't believe Auba would come.

We are bigger than we realize.

This bloody regime is lowering our expectations so much that now we are afraid of big players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This bloody regime is lowering our expectations so much that now we are afraid of big players.
We could but we not in position to spend all our budget on player we need to strength 4 positions at least

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Auba wasn't really a wanted man whilst we got Özil when we were still pretty much in the mix for the title. Very different times.

Getting Haarland is like 10 times harder than Özil, with the whole world as competition, no CL and the state of the club levels below as when we got the chance to sign Özil.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yh if we buy a striker I want someone taller and more physical tbh

Stade Reims' Boulaye Dia could be a neat pickup for relatively small money. Apparently Frankfurt and Leipzig both interested. Especially interesting re: the former, as Frankfurt with their wingplay and pressing usually look for rather physical strikers. Would cost around 15m.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I was impressed with Abdallah Sima last night against Leicester, looked a handful and took his goal brilliantly. I Googled him and links to Arsenal popped up. Only 19 years old, 6' 2", quick, can play anywhere across the front line and 11 goals in 14 appearances this season.

One to keep an eye on.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We can't sign young LB because their development will quickly stop Tierney is only 23 years so that's why we looking for Bertrand or Bernat players im thier late 20's that can be useful backup and create competition to Tierney

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I wonder if Gerson would be worth bringing back to Europe? He seems a bit like Partey in his ability to do a bit of everything.

Stats (not sure they have his height right) https://www.whoscored.com/Players/242791/Show/Gerson

Video

They just won the League, so any players from Flamengo will be a bit more expensive than usual.

Haven't watched them much, but the league this year was very up and down. IIRC Flamengo took the lead with, like, 4 fixtures to go, despite being very inconsistent.

benjamin86

Established Member
They just won the League, so any players from Flamengo will be a bit more expensive than usual.

Haven't watched them much, but the league this year was very up and down. IIRC Flamengo took the lead with, like, 4 fixtures to go, despite being very inconsistent.
He looks to be the right profile for us? Good both technically and tactically, although Brazil seems to be producing a lot of those type of CM's and with Edu it makes sense as a market to look for value in.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Gerson was very good at Fiorentina when he gone there on loan from Roma not sure why he decided to go back to Brazil.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I don't know anything about Gerson, but I know he's left-footed, he's got sauce, and he was born in a place called "Belford Roxo", which I think is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom