• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully we will be able to conclude our business early this year. One would think we have already identified potential targets...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Heard from someone I know who’s in the game that we’re going to move for Seny Dieng from QPR.

Us and Leicester apparently interested.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I was never a huge fan of his, something about his face doesn't sit right with me. Also I assumed he still belonged to Milan and he was younger, but actually he's 25 and a Frankfurt player. Can't really argue with his goal record over the last 2 seasons though.

Seems like a nothing rumour though.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Andre Silva is good striker i feel Milan make quick decision to get rid of him after only 1 season i'm not trusting strikers from Bundesliga it's very open league defensively weak so strikers with good quality will easily get 20-25 goals a season. still the source is not good enough.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Heard from someone I know who’s in the game that we’re going to move for Seny Dieng from QPR.

Us and Leicester apparently interested.
You think he'd be willing to come as back-up?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't love Luiz or Ceballos, but I don't see an issue with them. They're good squad players.

5 CBs is a decent number, 4 isn't enough with the schedule these days, and we've spent enough money on CBs in recent years. Luiz, Saliba, Holding, Gabriel and Mari is fine.

Guendouzi and Torreira will leave. If you assume Partey and Xhaka stay, and you buy another quality midfielder, you have 3 CMs. Who's the 4th? Ceballos is better than Elneny, Willock and AMN, and Azeez hasn't broken through yet. I'd rather spend 20m on Ceballos, plus it might help us keep Ødegaard.

Don't get me wrong I still want a quality midfielder, don't know who it is but we need one.
I would say Holding and Mari are good enough as experienced back-up CB's. I don't want to have my 5th CB on 120k/week. Especially one who is prone to howlers. Get McGuinness or Ballard in as fifth choice. Extending Luiz is a death warrant for Saliba.

I think Willock should spend next season at Newcastle and the extent of which Azeez will be integrated is interesting. He'll be 19 and I'm not sure Arteta has fully shown that he can place faith in youngsters. Ideally, I'd like this in midfield:

Partey
Xhaka
New Signing
New Signing
Azeez (Cups, EL etc.)
I do assume we will lose Guendouzi and Torreira. I understand that we need four choices at CM if we continue with the 4-2-3-1 (I'd prefer 4-3-3, but alas), but I just can't imagine we can afford to spend €20m+ twice if we also need to replace our RB, get a back-up GK and LB, sign a forward to take over from Auba long-term and most importantly get a creative CAM in permanently (Ødegaard realistically, Grealish as the dream).

I'd rather integrate Willock with half a year of PL experience at Newcastle as a fourth choice over spending €20m on a depth signing like Ceballos who is clearly not the desired quality. He has only been able to field a handful of good games in 1,5 seasons with us. Judgement has been passed and he has been found wanting, imo.

Get Gravenberch or Camavinga in as a partner for Partey, with Xhaka as third choice and Willock as fourth choice, is solid enough for me.

We can't do a full rebuild in one window or even two.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we can't keep Luiz anymore he not in age of improving he is in decline his pace will be worse next season even keeping him as squad player is useless because Saliba is coming back plus you have Mari Holding Gabriel. as for Ceballos as squad player it'll be good because he is decent player, Elneny Guendouzi and Torreira all getting sold not sure if we lucky enough to get 40M from all of them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You think he'd be willing to come as back-up?

Yeah was a bit of a journeyman and even if he doesn’t get much game time considering he’s not a kid it might be as good as he’ll ever get.

Hit good form out of nowhere which I was surprised at tbh. Too good for the Championship now.

Reactions: A_G

Vale

I don't know his current state and if he will ever come back in good shape, but I would have liked to see Jimenez instead of Lacazette

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Sigh, wish we would stay clear of Ceballos. Think for the price being quoted we could take a gamble in someone else.

Agree. 20 to 30m for Ceballos would get you into the current asking range of younger, more modern and far more complete central midfielders like Mangala, Gravenberch, DaSilva, Youssouf, etc. Ceballos is a bit more of a ballcarrier, but him and Xhaka are both basically DLPs and imo Granit's had the better season, is already an Arsenal player and with his longevity, age and experience a more important figure to keep in the squad. And there's definitely no need for two DLPs.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

If Gladbach miss out on CL Marcus Thuram could become available due to a release clause for around 30m. Say if Lacazette leaves and they're looking for another wing option, too, he could be a very interesting and unusually affordable option for a CF/LW for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom