• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thuram would be interesting option from wing but if laca leave I'm more interested to buy player that can get you 15-20 goals a season can't keep depend on auba. Won't be surprised rose asked Dortmund to get Thuram

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Ceballos depend on Arteta and real madrid asking fee we need 2 midfielders this summer. 2 that can compete with Xhaka Partey who i think will still be starting midfield for us next season.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's kinda hard to 'monitor' Lamptey when he's been on the treatment table since mid-December. He'd have to put in a solid run of fitness and pefformances till the end of the season if you were gonna spend money on him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also with Lamptey like the guy is not great defensively, he's wins fewer duels than Bellerin. You'd have to have a quick RCB like Saliba and a guy like Partey at RCM to cover the space he leaves. He is great offensively, but then how long does is pace last? I dunno, it has obvious appeal but a few question marks.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'd still take Lamptey over Aarons, more proven at PL level. I think we're also too focused on Lamptey's profile and not accounting for the fact that he's 20. He has a lot more room to grow and improve where as Hector is pretty much a finished article at this point.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It's kinda hard to 'monitor' Lamptey when he's been on the treatment table since mid-December. He'd have to put in a solid run of fitness and pefformances till the end of the season if you were gonna spend money on him.
He also just signed a new contract.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'd still take Lamptey over Aarons, more proven at PL level. I think we're also too focused on Lamptey's profile and not accounting for the fact that he's 20. He has a lot more room to grow and improve where as Hector is pretty much a finished article at this point.
Grow in height? The man is a midget and will remain so. No thank you

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Big fan of Lamptey but think it's too early for us to make a move for him, especially after this season where he's been injured for a lot of it. Let him have a few more years of development at Brighton then go for him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Marcus Thuram is an interesting one, he's one cool dude. Still can't work out what sort of player he is and what he'll end up as, or how good he is. But stats-wise the most similar player to him is Aubameyang, he basically doesn't do much apart from shoot and score. He's like Auba, but one that can win headers.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Big fan of Lamptey but think it's too early for us to make a move for him, especially after this season where he's been injured for a lot of it. Let him have a few more years of development at Brighton then go for him.
Can we wait that long though? I think we need someone at right back this summer.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

But you could argue Bellerin hasn't really improved since he was around 20. Same player making same mistakes and doing similar good bits. If you aren't good technically you can only improve so far. And if Lamptey doesn't come back with his speed or loses it with another injury what do we have then?

Didn't Aarons used to be a 10 and is a lot more technical. Bayern want him, why isn't he good enough for us?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

But you could argue Bellerin hasn't really improved since he was around 20. Same player making same mistakes and doing similar good bits. If you aren't good technically you can only improve so far. And if Lamptey doesn't come back with his speed or loses it with another injury what do we have then?

Didn't Aarons used to be a 10 and is a lot more technical. Bayern want him, why isn't he good enough for us?
I mean Bellerin isn't a fair comparison as he's truly been hard done by injuries and has never had a player competing for his spot since he broke through and overtook Debuchy. Lamptey is actually good technically and he's rapid. Imagine the overlap potential with Pepe/Saka, that wing would be menacing to opposing defences.

Aarons is also technical but I prefer Lamptey. I never said Aarons isn't good enough. I think he's a tad bit overrated.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For me it goes Bogle > Lamptey > Roberts > Aarons

Outside of one great year in the Championship which Bogle matched exactly for goals and assists Aarons hasn’t really kicked on so far.

You’re able to bully him easily at set pieces and diagonals and he can get caught up the pitch so much.

Bogle and Roberts are very good defensively but are goal threats and offer the same really going forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom