• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Brighton and Hove Albion have suffered a significant blow in their battle to avoid relegation from the Premier League after right wing-back Tariq Lamptey was ruled out for the remainder of this season following surgery over the weekend to repair a hamstring injury, The Athletic can reveal.

The 20-year-old England youth international has been sidelined with the problem since the middle of December and underwent an operation in London on Saturday to fix a tear to the tendon.

It is thought the procedure was successful and should enable Lamptey to resume training before the campaign is over, however he will not be fit in time to feature in Brighton’s final 11 fixtures.

Lamptey has played a key role since joining Graham Potter’s side from Chelsea in early 2020 and recently signed a new long-term contract to keep him at the club until the summer of 2025.

But he was forced off in the second half of a 0-0 draw at Fulham before Christmas and Brighton head coach Potter last week expressed concern that Lamptey could miss the run-in.

Although Brighton had been coping reasonably well in his absence, they have now lost three consecutive games and are separated from the drop zone by only goal difference.

It is also a setback for England Under-21s manager Aidy Boothroyd ahead of the Euros, which begin with a group stage later this month before the knockout phase is held in May and June.
From Ornstein.

Im a fan of his as well, but with pace being his main attribute it’s a bit of a worry.

Potter has tried his best to manage his minutes as well, taking him off at 60 mins and rotating heavily at the start of the season despite being their best player.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Yeah, it's going to be an issue. I think vaccine programme in the UK will mean PL clubs will gamble on fans being back in full force next season. Will be hard to sell though. Unless a PL team wants your player which won't be the case for Xhaka, Bellerin or Laca

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, it's going to be an issue. I think vaccine programme in the UK will mean PL clubs will gamble on fans being back in full force next season. Will be hard to sell though. Unless a PL team wants your player which won't be the case for Xhaka, Bellerin or Laca
I was reading the barca fans and other fan forums and they all seem to live in pre covid transfer era talking about selling players for 20,30 and 40 million. Even solskjaer said the other day there will be less and less transfers in football because the money is not there and thats manchester united of all clubs. We had to pay people off to leave and loan out the rest

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At this rate player should be humble and accept wage cuts if they wanna move apart from English top clubs bayern real barca psg nobody will pay high wages this summer

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Yeah they talk about getting most of the population done by late summer, but there's still uncertainty regarding long-term effectiveness and how it will work on these new variants. I think even if the programme continues as it is we might be looking at fans next season but at a reduced number, say half capacity for example. Covid isn't going anywhere, I wouldn't be so sure that there'll be full stadiums of 60,000 in the middle of flu season next winter even with a successful vaccination programme. I think covid recovery is more likely in 2022-2023 than this year.

We haven't even really seen the effect of covid on football yet, this summer will be when it really becomes apparent. In general you're looking at more loans and swaps, and more players staying put when otherwise they'd have been bought and sold.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At this rate player should be humble and accept wage cuts if they wanna move apart from English top clubs bayern real barca psg nobody will pay high wages this summer
Players will simply hold the clubs to their contract, and either not move, or move if the selling club pays part of the contract. I am sure you will find some exceptions, but on the whole the players have the power here.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

For teams that will be interested will be understandably conceded about his hamstring problems

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Take Guendouzi as an example, whether he should stay here or not is another matter, let's say the coach wants him gone and that's that. He has 1 year left on his deal. Ideally you might want about 20m for him, got some issues but still a talented young player. What if nobody offers that, what if nobody even offers 10m? You might have to loan him out again and he leaves on a free. Sounds ridiculous but I wouldn't be surprised to see stuff like that happen.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Players will simply hold the clubs to their contract, and either not move, or move if the selling club pays part of the contract. I am sure you will find some exceptions, but on the whole the players have the power here.
I'm expecting that this summer going to be pain again nobody will pay money to buy players on high wages

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm expecting that this summer going to be pain again nobody will pay money to buy players on high wages
No, we'll struggle to get rid of the players we do no longer want.
Take Guendouzi as an example, whether he should stay here or not is another matter, let's say the coach wants him gone and that's that. He has 1 year left on his deal. Ideally you might want about 20m for him, got some issues but still a talented young player. What if nobody offers that, what if nobody even offers 10m? You might have to loan him out again and he leaves on a free. Sounds ridiculous but I wouldn't be surprised to see stuff like that happen.
I could well see him just holding out till the contract expires.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
How do you improve in a covid market? You might have to accept more loan deals or swaps if you can find one. An extension of the Ødegaard loan might be the best available option if you can't spend money on Buendia or Aouar. Look at players with 1 year left, like Mazraoui, or on a free like Depay.

Also maximising academy talent gives you an advantage in a covid market. We've done that a bit already with Saka and ESR, but are we making the most of the other Hale End kids? We need midfielders, well maybe sell one of AMN/Willock and use the one you don't sell to play in midfield, or promote someone.

We've become accustomed in recent years to getting one big money signing a year. We might not get that this year, but we can still improve.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It’s why I think people who expect to just sell all these guys and raise 50-60M are living in a fantasy land.

No one around Europe has any money. Clubs are struggling to pull together money to extend their current players’ contracts let alone new players.
Can't wait for Arsenal manutd Liverpool fans cry on twitter in summer

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really hope we aren't going after Lamptey whonisnout for whole season with an injury ffs

Tom349

Teams aren't just going to sit still and do nothing for a second season running. They will be forced to take less for their players, be prepared to do deals centred around player swaps, while like always everyone is a part of the food chain. The oil clubs will pray on the mostly self sufficient clubs like Arsenal (wouldn't want our players, mind you), Sp*rs and Liverpool, we will pray on the clubs that a far smaller than us and the smaller PL clubs will pray on the even more financially effected clubs in the Championship, La Liga and Ligue `1.

Like all things in the life, the rich get richer and poor get poorer. Is actually a perfect opportunity for owners like Kronke to decide to invest, not that it will happen.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Anyone think we should send Alex Runaarson on loan for a year & sign Matty Ryan for a few years permanently? Alex certainly isn't ready for PL football yet.

Goonger

How do you improve in a covid market? You might have to accept more loan deals or swaps if you can find one. An extension of the Ødegaard loan might be the best available option if you can't spend money on Buendia or Aouar. Look at players with 1 year left, like Mazraoui, or on a free like Depay.

Also maximising academy talent gives you an advantage in a covid market. We've done that a bit already with Saka and ESR, but are we making the most of the other Hale End kids? We need midfielders, well maybe sell one of AMN/Willock and use the one you don't sell to play in midfield, or promote someone.

We've become accustomed in recent years to getting one big money signing a year. We might not get that this year, but we can still improve.

Seems sensible. Good news is that we won't be the only club affected by this. Like you say, perhaps shop a bit smarter, clubs will still be looking to sell & there will be plenty decent players with 1 year left.

I seen Laporta won the election, so hopefully the rumours about Bellerin are true. We know the likes of Torreira have definite admirers, so we just need to hope for a bit of luck regarding offers. Same with Guendouzi.

Chambers, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson, Maitland-Niles, all home grown, all fairly young & should be of interest to other clubs if we are realistic with valuations.

Someone like Lacazette we might need to hope for a bit of a transfer chain to sell him.

There are options when looking to get players in. Loan with option, loan with obligation, favourable transfer terms like Liverpool got with Jota & Thiago. Perhaps Kronke provides us some capital in terms of a loan?

Harz

Don't think we'll be in for anyone except for maybe a creative midfielder unless we offload anyone.

Don't think we'll offload anyone.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I thought Lamptey had been overtaken by James Justin on the A-M RB wish-list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom