• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Teams aren't just going to sit still and do nothing for a second season running. They will be forced to take less for their players, be prepared to do deals centred around player swaps, while like always everyone is a part of the food chain. The oil clubs will pray on the mostly self sufficient clubs like Arsenal (wouldn't want our players, mind you), Sp*rs and Liverpool, we will pray on the clubs that a far smaller than us and the smaller PL clubs will pray on the even more financially effected clubs in the Championship, La Liga and Ligue `1.

Like all things in the life, the rich get richer and poor get poorer. Is actually a perfect opportunity for owners like Kronke to decide to invest, not that it will happen.

Yeah but in terms of moving players on I doubt any of our deadwood is appealing to the super rich except weirdly for Bellerin.

We’re looking to move Guendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka to that second tier of clubs like Napoli or Sevilla and they’re the ones hugely affected by the pandemic.

Agree the Kroenkes will have to dip into their pockets because we’re unlikely to raise big amounts in player sales for a couple of windows at least and the likes of Guendouzi will have left on a free by then.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

At this rate player should be humble and accept wage cuts if they wanna move apart from English top clubs bayern real barca psg nobody will pay high wages this summer

Interesting that Arsène Wenger already stated that the responsibility falls on the players.

Skip to about the 2 mins in:

Arsène is always #aheadofthecurve

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Interesting that Arsène Wenger already stated that the responsibility falls on the players.

Wish Arsène is head of fifa he'll stop this crazy wage thing and put stop to greedy agents

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Our fans disrespected this man and now he literally runs global football. God I hate this fan base. And there's Piers f*cking Morgan. Honestly we deserve this mid-table mediocrity.

Harz

Our fans disrespected this man and now he literally runs global football. God I hate this fan base. And there's Piers f*cking Morgan. Honestly we deserve this mid-table mediocrity.
Director of Development at FIFA =/= running global football

The criticism was that he wasn't a good coach anymore and he hasn't coached anywhere to prove otherwise. In fact, most of those who wanted him out agreed that he'd do well in a management level job.

Honestly, I like his offside idea. Hope FIFA focuses on rule changes and stops bickering with UEFA over who gets to make money.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Director of Development at FIFA =/= running global football

The criticism was that he wasn't a good coach anymore and he hasn't coached anywhere to prove otherwise. In fact, most of those who wanted him out agreed that he'd do well in a management level job.

Honestly, I like his offside idea. Hope FIFA focuses on rule changes and stops bickering with UEFA over who gets to make money.

Man you really can't exaggerate for comic effect on the internet without people coming at you. And anyway the fact he should have left has nothing to do with it, it's the disrespect that built up and spilt over into outright abuse, it wasn't most fans, it was a minority of idiots who should be ashamed of themselves.

Tom349

Yeah but in terms of moving players on I doubt any of our deadwood is appealing to the super rich except weirdly for Bellerin.

We’re looking to move Guendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka to that second tier of clubs like Napoli or Sevilla and they’re the ones hugely affected by the pandemic.

Agree the Kroenkes will have to dip into their pockets because we’re unlikely to raise big amounts in player sales for a couple of windows at least and the likes of Guendouzi will have left on a free by then.

Guendouzi should be a pretty easy sell provided we are not greedy. I think the reason he and Torreira went on loan instead of being sold last year was the club was hoping the market would recover and due to crowds not returning it obviously hasn't yet and won't be happening for a while yet. Which this time round they will be left with no choice. Back to Guendouzi though he is still young enough for us to make a little profit off, if not profit I could see him being a part of swap deal in we are interested in player like Soumare from Lille. Torreira we will have to take a hit on as 1, as he hasn't improved his value while on loan and 2, he will likely to go Italy where they will probably over 10m over 15 years.

The guys we should be looking to either make money on or use in swap deals to get established PL players are the likes of AMN, Willock, Nelson and N'ketiah. The reality is for them is we have guys below them or already in the first team set up that either already ahead of them or have far greater potential. Which all four of those guys would be attractive to lower PL sides. Combine their sales with Lacazette and Bellerin (maybe 40m for both) and that should give us a good starting point. Factor in wages off the books of the likes of those two plus Luiz and hopefully the sale of El Neny and we have more room to operate then we have had in years.

The key will be to accept that we are going to be selling a lot of players for less than what we brought them for but if we can buy smarter then it shouldn't be an issue.

Which I think it was yourself who brought up players like Connor Roberts from Swansea who would be an ideal replacement for Bellerin and would make far more sense at this point in time then to spend big in replacing him on a Hakimi or Lamptey. Same with Ødegaard who I think we will likely end up loaning again, but its a case of having to buy him to bring him back then someone like Olise makes far more sense.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Guendouzi should be a pretty easy sell provided we are not greedy. I think the reason he and Torreira went on loan instead of being sold last year was the club was hoping the market would recover and due to crowds not returning it obviously hasn't yet and won't be happening for a while yet.

They went on loan because they were 3rd and 4th choice in the team the finished 8th in the league.......... they are no standout players or exceptional talent, they have more poor performances than good ones since we signed them. So selling them will be harder than people realize.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Guendouzi should be a pretty easy sell provided we are not greedy.
The question is more, why would Guendouzi accept a sale so close to the contract expiring. For him, especially if relations with the club has broken down, it will surely be better to just see the contract through. All he has to do is just accept another loan, and wait it out.

Tom349

The question is more, why would Guendouzi accept a sale so close to the contract expiring. For him, especially if relations with the club has broken down, it will surely be better to just see the contract through. All he has to do is just accept another loan, and wait it out.

There is far less incentive for a young player like Guendouzi to do this than there is for a more established player with far greater reputation to do it. Arsenal could easily say **** you and let him rot in the u23's for the season and by the time his contract runs out he is 23 years old, hasn't established himself anywhere and isn't exactly a prospect anymore, while those big teams who are capable of offering massive wages would either sign him for a similar amount to what he is on given he isn't proven or simply wouldn't be interested.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi should be a pretty easy sell provided we are not greedy. I think the reason he and Torreira went on loan instead of being sold last year was the club was hoping the market would recover and due to crowds not returning it obviously hasn't yet and won't be happening for a while yet. Which this time round they will be left with no choice. Back to Guendouzi though he is still young enough for us to make a little profit off, if not profit I could see him being a part of swap deal in we are interested in player like Soumare from Lille. Torreira we will have to take a hit on as 1, as he hasn't improved his value while on loan and 2, he will likely to go Italy where they will probably over 10m over 15 years.

The guys we should be looking to either make money on or use in swap deals to get established PL players are the likes of AMN, Willock, Nelson and N'ketiah. The reality is for them is we have guys below them or already in the first team set up that either already ahead of them or have far greater potential. Which all four of those guys would be attractive to lower PL sides. Combine their sales with Lacazette and Bellerin (maybe 40m for both) and that should give us a good starting point. Factor in wages off the books of the likes of those two plus Luiz and hopefully the sale of El Neny and we have more room to operate then we have had in years.

The key will be to accept that we are going to be selling a lot of players for less than what we brought them for but if we can buy smarter then it shouldn't be an issue.

Which I think it was yourself who brought up players like Connor Roberts from Swansea who would be an ideal replacement for Bellerin and would make far more sense at this point in time then to spend big in replacing him on a Hakimi or Lamptey. Same with Ødegaard who I think we will likely end up loaning again, but its a case of having to buy him to bring him back then someone like Olise makes far more sense.

I mean i've not watched Roberts but is he actually a better fullback than Bellerin? I know Bellerin gets a lot of criticism and we need an upgrade there, but it's got to the point where people are just pointing at any RB in world football and assuming they'd be an upgrade and i'm not sure that's actually the case.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I mean i've not watched Roberts but is he actually a better fullback than Bellerin? I know Bellerin gets a lot of criticism and we need an upgrade there, but it's got to the point where people are just pointing at any RB in world football and assuming they'd be an upgrade and i'm not sure that's actually the case.

I've been wondering exactly the same thing.

Tom349

If we can sell Bellerin for 20m (using Barcas supposed interest as a rough guide) and find a replacement for 5-10m then does it matter if he is an upgrade? For whatever reason Bellerins appears to have some value left over and we are better off cashing in on that value and using it find a new 9 or LW who can hopefully be the missing piece to our attack.

I could make a very good argument that Cedric is a better fullback than the current version of Bellerin whose performances haven't improved at all since returning from injury and if anything have become worse.

But for what its worth and I'll admit to not having seen anywhere near enough of Roberts but he looks immense going forward in the extended highlight packages Swansea release after each game. Has speed, creates passing angles, excellent cross and great stamina. While Swansea have one of the best defences in the league albeit play three at the back. However I think in all likelihood the midfielder we sign this summer will be another holding player rather than b2b so I suspect next season we still both fullbacks pushing high up the ground, Tierney already does for the most part.

Leno
???? ???? Gabriel Tierney
Partey ????
Saka ???? ????
Aubameyang​

To compete for top four under Arteta we need to fill in the blanks with quality signings.

Unlikely.

Or we can just hire a coach that has manage a football team before and top4 is ours easily!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
9 goals in 40 games all competitions for 18 years old first year in top level that pretty decent

GDeep™

League is very weak
We can’t afford guys like Lamptey, wish some of you would stop.

He can’t play in a back 4 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom