• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
They're incredible that lot. How are we getting £10m for Eddie when he doesn't play? £15m for Laca with a year left on his deal and big wages, no chance. Who the hell is paying £20m for Bellerin. We won't get a fee for Torreira either. Too much computer games I think.

It's typical Arsenal that the only ones we'll get any money for are the lads out on loan playing well.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I expect to see that question bandied about in most of the transfer threads this summer. I also expect journalists and people from the club to bandy about that same mantra in different ways (hard to get players right now when you're out of Europe) and I'd like to nip it in the bud right now. Players care about where you're going, not where you've been.

Why did Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy and Toure join City? At the time we were performing on the same level if not better. We pretty much beat City under Hughes every season as well.

Why did Yaya Toure leave the best side in the world to go to City?

How did a no name club in one of the weakest big 5 leagues convince Cavani, Neymar, Mbappe, Veratti and Thiago Silva to all spend their best years in France?

We have a higher historical standing in world football now than those clubs did back then. We have won trophies more recently than any of them did, we are located in a global city and we have good facilities.

There is nothing stopping us from getting players if we can get our finances in order, shift a bit of deadwood and use the money we have properly.

So, in advance, please shut up about how Grealish or whoever would never join us. Even if we have to accept being a stepping stone club for top young talent so be it. It doesn't matter that we might finish 9th or 10th. Sell this project, pay good wages and get in who we need to get back where we belong.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You know what, why not hire a Rafa type, and tell him to just use our young guys and try to finish top 7.

That way the kids get developed, we get a young team, and we qualify for EL.

Going to copy and paste that into the manager wish list thread,

Im proper big on that Onana from Ajax. Never seen him play, but anything to get that ****** Leno out.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You know what, why not hire a Rafa type, and tell him to just use our young guys and try to finish top 7.

That way the kids get developed, we get a young team, and we qualify for EL.

Going to copy and paste that into the manager wish list thread,

I said this, good posting.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Like him a lot, young, well rounded with his game, can do everything really, and physically he’s a machine. Im sure me and @krengon spoke about him two years ago.

look at the date ffs 😭

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rafa didn't bring through any young talent at Liverpool, why would he do it here?
Gerard and Carragher speak VERY highly of him and they were both young, he also signed Alonso, Agger, Skrtel, Mascherano, Torres, all 21/22.

Im not saying bring kids through, I’m saying tell him to use Martinelli, Saliba, Guendouzi, Willock etc, who are all more advances than just “kids”, just finish top 7, because you also have Tierney, Partey, Pepe, Xhaka, maybe Leno, Bellerin etc.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Gerard and Carragher speak VERY highly of him and they were both young, he also signed Alonso, Agger, Skrtel, Mascherano, Torres, all 21/22.

Im not saying bring kids through, I’m saying tell him to use Martinelli, Saliba, Guendouzi, Willock etc, who are all more advances than just “kids”, just finish top 7, because you also have Tierney, Partey, Pepe, Xhaka, maybe Leno, Bellerin etc.
I'd take Rafa btw, just not sure playing the youth is a strength of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom