• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Seriously though is that guy just a random dude spouting crap on twitter @American_Gooner ?

Even if he is, £200M is what I'd class as exceptional. But that would be inclusive of player sales as I think we will only manage 50-80M in player sales considering the market conditions. Will be another loan window in terms of outgoings.

Now, let's talk about spreading that £200M.

I think Aouar is an absolute must, was a target and is available cheap now. £27M supposedly, good start. After that one of Camavinga, Bissouma and Soumare should be the next CM, in that order as well. £45M, £30M and £22M respectively. Let's go with Bissouma as he's the most realistic. Around £60M down, £140M to go. Onana what's my name? We'll take him in goal with a Leno sale. £7M price tag, add Matt Ryan on a permanent deal as backup, £12M in keepers let's av it.

Right back, you've got Max Aarons, Bogle, Emerson etc. My heart is set on Hakimi but I think its almost impossible now. With our situation we would need to shell out £50M. Not sure on Emerson or Aarons myself, and tbh not really down for Bogle either. I'm going to treat myself and say Hakimi IN for 50M quid. £120M spent, £80M left.

Now i think we need a AM and LW. However with the right quality you can fix it in one go. Super Jacky Grealish. And funnily enough he would cost around £80M. That would be me done, along with a backup left back, maybe Bertrand could do the job.

Marquee attacker/AM
World class right back
Two quality midfielders
Starting keeper and backup keeper
Backup left back

Do. Not. Waste. This. Opportunity.

Once in a lifetime opportunity at Arsenal football club to potentially spend stupid money.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Seriously though is that guy just a random dude spouting crap on twitter @American_Gooner ?

Even if he is, £200M is what I'd class as exceptional. But that would be inclusive of player sales as I think we will only manage 50-80M in player sales considering the market conditions. Will be another loan window in terms of outgoings.

I think Aouar is an absolute must, was a target and is available cheap now. £27M supposedly, good start. After that one of Camavinga, Bissouma and Soumare should be the next CM, in that order as well. £45M, £30M and £22M respectively. Let's go with Bissouma as he's the most realistic. Around £60M down, £140M to go. Onana what's my name? We'll take him in goal with a Leno sale. £7M price tag, add Matt Ryan on a permanent deal as backup, £12M in keepers let's av it.

Right back, you've got Max Aarons, Bogle, Emerson etc. My heart is set on Hakimi but I think its almost impossible now. With our situation we would need to shell out £50M. Not sure on Emerson or Aarons myself, and tbh not really down for Bogle either. I'm going to treat myself and say Hakimi IN for 50M quid. £120M spent, £80M left.

Now i think we need a AM and LW. However with the right quality you can fix it in one go. Super Jacky Grealish. And funnily enough he would cost around £80M. That would be me done, along with a backup left back, maybe Bertrand could do the job.

Marquee attacker/AM
World class right back
Two quality midfielders
Backup left back

Once in a lifetime opportunity at Arsenal football club to potentially spend stupid money.

He's not random. He spoke plenty about Gabriel early summer and also has spoken about Ødegaard in summer saying we'd look in January.

Also mentioned about the pay cuts and layoffs. He's pretty legit so this sounds interesting in regards to spend.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
He's not random. He spoke plenty about Gabriel early summer and also has spoken about Ødegaard in summer saying we'd look in January.

Also mentioned about the pay cuts and layoffs. He's pretty legit so this sounds interesting in regards to spend.

You have to prove all of this.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You have to prove all of this.

It's difficult because I know he's had to have multiple accounts. When you play the ITK game, even the solid ones he's had some awful abuse.

Let's play Aubamawang

Marquee attacker/AM
World class right back
Two quality midfielders
Backup left back

Don't we usually include the first year of the players contract in the available transfer budget? Pretty sure AW mentioned it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't believe that for a second, tbh.

But if we do end up spending that amount somehow...thank God we tried to join the Super League, as the backlash from that might just have saved this club :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
From what I've gathered in terms of who we are wanting to shift -

Leno - Dortmund likely, £25M?
Bellerin - PSG have always been interested. £20M.
Willock - difficult one, Newcastle would pay £20M. That's a lot of money for someone who may be 4th or 5th choice here. I like him but I'd be tempted to sell for 20M.
Guendouzi - Marseille want him. Last year of contract, £10M.
AMN - another one who I think will be sought after and easy to sell, £15M.
Chambers - £10M, someone will happily pay that.
Torreira - Not sure who will pay for him ngl.
Colossalsnatch - again, not sure who pays for him but he will go.

After that you've got Nketiah and Laca with a year left both should also he sold. Specifically Nketiah I'd be content keeping Laca until his deal ends.

Once again like last summer there's a lot to do, we failed on this side of things last summer but I believe this one could be better. No European football AND signings coming in means a lot of players will leave.

Balboa

I think we need to go light up front. We've too many players not good enough for the position draining money from the club. Bin the lot and restart. Toney looks quality. He just broke the championship record. Bring him in let him start up top. As for the Charlie Austin comparison there is always that risk. We spent 70m on Pepe and that worked out well. Toney has won the golden Boot in his league two seasons in a row. You take the chance on a goal scorer like that. Its not like our 50m strikers have been fairing better.

Let's rebuild with players that have played English football that will be proud to wear the shirt. Players that aren't here for the money but the history and legacy of the club.

Toney is the best forward in England at the moment. Walker Peters is a young talented right back. Pereira has got 10 goals from midfield at a club just relegated. Guendouzi has had a decent loan and I think we probably won't have a big enough budget to bring someone else in.

All in we would spend less than 100 million and the incoming players would be on substantially lower wages than those they are replacing which is a massive plus as our wage bill is completely lop sided and killing the club. Smaller core better quality aligned to jow we play. Two rapid full backs, skillful wingers, central play maker and a forward with a knack of being at the right place at the right time. Simple and effective.
I didn’t mean to suggest I don’t think Toney is a worthy target. I agree that he is. I also agree that the wages are hurting. I just think that if Balogun is second choice CF, that’s a massive gamble, especially with Toney first choice and unproven at PL level. I think it might be necessary to keep Auba or Laca in a transition year. Or, you know, I think Giroud could be a free agent 😉...

Pereira would be worth signing at the right price I agree.

I presume there was sarcasm there in the suggestion that £70 million for Pepe was a good deal.

I’m not sure Guendouzi is salvageable as a personality and I don’t really think his style of play has enough discipline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom