• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would be nice to have such a big name signed early for once and then enjoy a European cup watching your new guy.
Not getting tricked into that too early.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not entirely Championship shopping when two of those targets have just won promotion. Like the names, though, but purely going by forum reports on Toney and Olise (and YT).
Regarding clubs, promotions, and selling players, this is probably like Bissouma handing in a transfer request. I can see why clubs would be resistant to letting players go in January but if players hand in transfer requests ahead of the summer at clubs like Brighton or Championship clubs I think the clubs don't want to try keeping players who want to leave and will relent with summer ahead of them to seek replacements. Doesn't mean these players will end up bargain basement. They will still cost us around 30m, but that is pretty standard price for players who would be first team regulars (Olise is a player in development, would cost much less).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think a one year extension for Laca is excellent. Realistically we want a top level striker to come into the club to replace both Laca and Auba. Balogun may even step up by then. However we can't do that and everything else this summer. So it's wise to extend for a year.

blaze_of_glory

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Offering Laca a one year extension is a good idea on our part.

I struggle to see the benefit for Laca unless he gets a big pay bump though. He'd basically just be shunting his last big move one year down the line. Doesn't make much sense to me from his perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom