• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The key with this really is net spend. If we spend 70m plus sales that could well add up to over 150m, but 70m is what we spend most summers now anyway, so what special would the Kroenke's be doing anyway?

The key for me is making the main signings before August. I'd move that date forward but the Euro's is going on so its difficult. With all this talk I'm expecting key deals to be done before the euro's as well. The outs will be one in one out so not really counting them towards the budget given by KSE for the main signings.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The key for me is making the main signings before August. I'd move that date forward but the Euro's is going on so its difficult. With all this talk I'm expecting key deals to be done before the euro's as well. The outs will be one in one out so not really counting them towards the budget given by KSE for the main signings.
Thinking we'll see very little of our potential business done before the Euro's. Thinking Ryan will be announced together with maybe a CM and backup LB but that's it. We always take very long figuring out what we want to do and seem to be notorious hagglers so don't get your hopes up

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thinking we'll see very little of our potential business done before the Euro's. Thinking Ryan will be announced together with maybe a CM and backup LB but that's it. We always take very long figuring out what we want to do and seem to be notorious hagglers so don't get your hopes up

Yep, I'm basing my points on the assumption that KSE are making funds available. Ornstein also said our targets have been sorted since February, so if KSE has the money on the table there's no excuse to not get deals done very early. The main 3 deals anyway (Right back, CM and creative player)

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Where did the proposed £250 million war-chest come from? Was it Bell?
Bell said 250 million. But he never gave the £ currency. It’s just people assume it’s pound. He tweeted in Arabic so he could be talking about 250 million Saudi riyals. 47 million pound which makes more sense

bonzka

Bell said 250 million. But he never gave the £ currency. It’s just people assume it’s pound. He tweeted in Arabic so he could be talking about 250 million Saudi riyals. 47 million pound which makes more sense
Sort of logical if you were writing day time grandma TV fiction. But still fun.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Why don't you care? There's £200m to play with.
It’s actually 250M, get it right.

I just think we’ve hit that awkward patch where even with 250M the players good enough to improve us in a big way, will be looking elsewhere.

We’re going to have to do the incremental improvement approach which is fine, but not exciting.

If we sacked Mikel however....

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It’s actually 250M, get it right.

I just think we’ve hit that awkward patch where even with 250M the players good enough to improve us in a big way, will be looking elsewhere.

We’re going to have to do the incremental improvement approach which is fine, but not exciting.

If we sacked Mikel however....

I'm not full on hate with Mikel, somewhere in between, but if he gets another CB to put in front of Saliba, I'm absolute finished with him.
That pisses me off big time.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What's that got to do with transfers? It's just about running costs, surely.
Was going to say it would help with liquidity as it would reduce interest costs, but I read in the article it's only a 0.5% interest loan. So nevermind that. I guess the loan was to help keep us somewhat healthy so perhaps after paying off this loan we could go back to being our pre-corona healthy (in financial terms) self.

Edit: guess it does free us up to spend 120m on transfers instead of reserving it for paying back the loan in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom