• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Was going to say it would help with liquidity as it would reduce interest costs, but I read in the article it's only a 0.5% interest loan. So nevermind that. I guess the loan was to help keep us somewhat healthy so perhaps after paying off this loan we could go back to being our pre-corona healthy (in financial terms) self.

Sure, that sounds like good news. Doesn't sound like huge owner investment in transfers though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yep, I'm basing my points on the assumption that KSE are making funds available. Ornstein also said our targets have been sorted since February, so if KSE has the money on the table there's no excuse to not get deals done very early. The main 3 deals anyway (Right back, CM and creative player)

Really hope this is true, its been one of the changes in how we handle transfers that I've wanted for years, to identify targets, tap them up and get the deals done before the window even opens.

Quite a few clubs do it this way now, look at Bayern for example, transfers being completed between Feb-May.

Its a route I feel we need to go down, if the targets have been identified early we shouldn't wait and just get them done, know the squad well in advance, do the business when the window is closed.

Leave the summer to the opportunistic signings that get triggered by big players moving.

Its pretty clear tapping up is no longer a big issue in football.

Iceman10

Established Member
Sure, that sounds like good news. Doesn't sound like huge owner investment in transfers though.
It is marginal at best when it comes to helping transfer business this summer. At least some headlines over it this morning are honest. Some click baiters are deliberately leaving out in headlines that it is just about the BoE loan.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'd laugh so hard if this much talked about Kroenke 'Warchest' was just related to paying off loans etc and had nothing to do with transfer funds being made avaliable.

Summer window of Darren Randolph, Ryan Bertrand and coaxing Nikola Zigic out of retirement. Lovely stuff.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I laugh so hard if this much talked about Kroenke investment was just related to paying off loans etc and had nothing to do with transfer funds being made avaliable.

Summer window of Darren Randolph, Ryan Bertrand and coaxing Nikola Zigic out of retirement. Lovely stuff.
- Mikel, we'll give you 250m to spend.
- Great, let's sign Bertrand, Adarabioyo, Berge and Solomon.

Makes sense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Really hope this is true, its been one of the changes in how we handle transfers that I've wanted for years, to identify targets, tap them up and get the deals done before the window even opens.

Quite a few clubs do it this way now, look at Bayern for example, transfers being completed between Feb-May.

Its a route I feel we need to go down, if the targets have been identified early we shouldn't wait and just get them done, know the squad well in advance, do the business when the window is closed.

Leave the summer to the opportunistic signings that get triggered by big players moving.

Its pretty clear tapping up is no longer a big issue in football.

Agreed. The whole reason for waiting till the end is to get better deals which is a cash flow problem. Which ultimately lays at the owners door.

Like I said previously identifying the top targets and then going out and getting the deals done before the Euros is key. Although the only player I'd wanna get sorted before the Euros is Grealish. Doing this would show KSE investment. Waiting until the final weeks shows lack of investment.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd laugh so hard if this much talked about Kroenke 'Warchest' was just related to paying off loans etc and had nothing to do with transfer funds being made avaliable.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom