• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I also said to you RELIABLE links. We haven't been reliably linked to any right back other than Adams.

White, Kounde and Tapsoba are all ball playing RCB's.

We want two CM's, one like Neves (also linked with Locatelli who is similar but better) and then another for depth. We quite clearly want a midfield maestro.

Buendia, Ødegaard and De Paul are all AM's. De Paul and Buendia's numbers are better scoring wise, but they all do the same thing.

It isnt a scatter gun approach and if you're going to just say that because the hogwarts express link us to someone then that's just silly.
Kounde and Tapsoba are physical monsters with pace and power. White is not.

Neves is a shot monster with a long range of pass. Locatelli is a short passer. Different players for the same position. One is Premier league ready, the other literally could flop as he comes from Italy. Locatelli isn't even a strong reliable link and you are citing him. He hasn5 even got a thread.

Buendia has played on the right. Never played in the Premier League as 10. He is totally different to Ødegaard. Yet both has played in the Premier League and RDP hasn't. RDP is also more of an 8. Yet they will all do the same thing? No they won't. If you build a team to put Ødegaard at 10 and then you play Buendia there. It literally changes everything.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Kounde and Tapsoba are physical monsters with pace and power. White is not.

Neves is a shot monster with a long range of pass. Locatelli is a short passer. Different players for the same position. One is Premier league ready, the other literally could flop as he comes from Italy. Locatelli isn't even a strong reliable link and you are citing him. He hasn5 even got a thread.

Buendia has played on the right. Never played in the Premier League as 10. He is totally different to Ødegaard. Yet both has played in the Premier League and RDP hasn't. RDP is also more of an 8. Yet they will all do the same thing? No they won't. If you build a team to put Ødegaard at 10 and then you play Buendia there. It literally changes everything.

Kounde is 5ft 10. Tapsoba is 6ft 4. You couldn't get any different at CB if we are talking like that. White isn't slow either. Just less pace than the above.

Neves isn't just a shot monster and a long passer. He's a midfield conductor.

The plan was obviously to have buendia as a 10 if we were actually serious about him. As long as the attacking mid signing is a creative player whats the problem?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I couldn't really care about the other traits. As long as the RCB is good on the ball and quicker than Claire Baulding which isn't hard. As long as the right back is better than Bellerin which is again not hard. As long as the CM does what Xhaka does but better, which is Neves. As long as the attacking mid we buy is a quality creative player or goalscoring midfielder then I don't care.

I want the team to improve. Get the best player possible for each position you need to improve.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I couldn't really care about the other traits. As long as the RCB is good on the ball and quicker than Claire Baulding which isn't hard. As long as the right back is better than Bellerin which is again not hard. As long as the CM does what Xhaka does but better, which is Neves. As long as the attacking mid we buy is a quality creative player or goalscoring midfielder then I don't care.

I want the team to improve. Get the best player possible for each position you need to improve.
Then you clearly don't want us to improve. You spend your time advocating for Arteta yet are so haphazard about our targets when you back manager that clearly has a very specific way of playing.

A rb better than Bellerin? There are different types of fullback.

A cm better than Xhaka at what he does? How much better?

We need to move the needle. As it stands the top four is solidified. They will do business which will separate them further. We need to buy and sell very well to even stand a chance at 5th because as it stands Leicester are better than us and investing properly. Getting players slightly better tha what we have wont cut it. Especially with manager that doesn't get more from the sum of its parts.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Then you clearly don't want us to improve. You spend your time advocating for Arteta yet are so haphazard about our targets when you back manager that clearly has a very specific way of playing.

A rb better than Bellerin? There are different types of fullback.

A cm better than Xhaka at what he does? How much better?

We need to move the needle. As it stands the top four is solidified. They will do business which will separate them further. We need to buy and sell very well to even stand a chance at 5th because as it stands Leicester are better than us and investing properly. Getting players slightly better tha what we have wont cut it. Especially with manager that doesn't get more from the sum of its parts.

Soumare and Edouard aren't amazing signings. If we were signing them as starters I'd be very disappointed.

You do realise we aren't in Europe right? To get back into the top 4 your signings like White and Neves can be really important. Premier league proven players, good ages, good experience and full internationals. How many fully internationals do we have in the side at the moment?

Who would YOU sign? Considering we aren't in Europe so your Koundes will be looking at CL clubs.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Soumare and Edouard aren't amazing signings. If we were signing them as starters I'd be very disappointed.

You do realise we aren't in Europe right? To get back into the top 4 your signings like White and Neves can be really important. Premier league proven players, good ages, good experience and full internationals. How many fully internationals do we have in the side at the moment?

Who would YOU sign? Considering we aren't in Europe so your Koundes will be looking at CL clubs.
Soumare and Edouard are not being signed as starters. They will be developed for year and integrated. They will be starters the following year like Soyuncu. And 30 million for them combined is very good business.

To get back in the top four you need to be smart. It's all good buying from the Premier League at inflated prices, but they need to be signings that move the needle. Neves is a slight improvement on Xhaka.

I am not hung up on names or what league they play in. I want us to sign players who win their 1v1 battles. I don't want players who only have one specific way of playing and only one way to problem solve. I don't want players who are physically insecure. I want players who allow us to play higher up the pitch.

Saka is the perfect example. He takes the game to you. He wins his duels, he can receive on the half turn and drive. He is a young player with the right physicality to influence a man's game. I want more players who can have that impact, not players who look good when the sun is shining and when the team plays well, yet when problems need to be solved, they disappear.

I don't think it matters who I think we should sign. I am of the belief that there is enough talent in world football that we can get what we need to move up the table and compete. There are right backs I don't even know about that would improve the team massively. However, I am not convinced by the current links, I don't like the profiles and I don't see a plan.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Correa strikes me as a Laca replacement more than anything no? That's if it's true, flimsy reports so far but from multiple flimsy sources.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Soumare and Edouard are not being signed as starters. They will be developed for year and integrated. They will be starters the following year like Soyuncu. And 30 million for them combined is very good business.

To get back in the top four you need to be smart. It's all good buying from the Premier League at inflated prices, but they need to be signings that move the needle. Neves is a slight improvement on Xhaka.

I am not hung up on names or what league they play in. I want us to sign players who win their 1v1 battles. I don't want players who only have one specific way of playing and only one way to problem solve. I don't want players who are physically insecure. I want players who allow us to play higher up the pitch.

Saka is the perfect example. He takes the game to you. He wins his duels, he can receive on the half turn and drive. He is a young player with the right physicality to influence a man's game. I want more players who can have that impact, not players who look good when the sun is shining and when the team plays well, yet when problems need to be solved, they disappear.

I don't think it matters who I think we should sign. I am of the belief that there is enough talent in world football that we can get what we need to move up the table and compete. There are right backs I don't even know about that would improve the team massively. However, I am not convinced by the current links, I don't like the profiles and I don't see a plan.

If I had the same trust I had in the recruitment team during prime Wenger days, I couldn't even care less whether the guy's coming from 4th tier in Australia or the PL in England, he was probably a gem and good enough.

The reason I've been so obsessed with Buendia was because I've seen him a perfect fit for many things we lack and you describe.
Similarly to Kounde, to Bissouma, even Saliba if he ever was to be played.

Arteta mentioned a physically montrous side as a key goal for the Premier league, just as well as he recently talked about 433.
I want an all-action 11 with players in a similar manner to Klopp's teams.
Also think it's the most enjoyable football to watch.

Buendia-Bissouma-Partey with a crazy fast and strong RB addition like Tierney on as LB, Gabriel+Saliba.. that's power, power and power everywhere.
We'd be winning most games just like that.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Can't lie, this has been a problem for Arsenal since the Wenger years. Remember back in 2013 when we spent all summer chasing a striker and ended up with Özil on deadline day.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Arteta going in big for Jorginho I see.
Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks Jorginho is anything but brilliant, he covers so much space and cuts out so much passing lanes its insane, hes also very quick on the ball and always tries to move it forward and constantly covers the space Kante leaves behind him.

Hes a top class midfielder and its baffling to see how many people consider him a joke of a player, same as a load of people were turning their noses up at the possibility of either Jorginho or Stones last summer, 2 champions league finalists one in the players team of the year and we are too good for them... I just do not understand it.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
o
Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks Jorginho is anything but brilliant, he covers so much space and cuts out so much passing lanes its insane, hes also very quick on the ball and always tries to move it forward and constantly covers the space Kante leaves behind him.

Hes a top class midfielder and its baffling to see how many people consider him a joke of a player, same as a load of people were turning their noses up at the possibility of either Jorginho or Stones last summer, 2 champions league finalists one in the players team of the year and we are too good for them... I just do not understand it.
thass wat dey sed boot willian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom