• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks Jorginho is anything but brilliant, he covers so much space and cuts out so much passing lanes its insane, hes also very quick on the ball and always tries to move it forward and constantly covers the space Kante leaves behind him.

Hes a top class midfielder and its baffling to see how many people consider him a joke of a player, same as a load of people were turning their noses up at the possibility of either Jorginho or Stones last summer, 2 champions league finalists one in the players team of the year and we are too good for them... I just do not understand it.
He’s a good midfielder, but let’s not act like he’s benefiting from a great system and an elite DM beside him. Jorginho struggled for some time in the PL. Hence, why Chelsea were heavily linked with Rice to bench him. Under a good coach, unlike Lampard, he has improved his overall game. No one is turning their noses down on him. It’s a joke because we were linked with Jorginho last summer.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He’s a good midfielder, but let’s not act like he’s benefiting from a great system and an elite DM beside him. Jorginho struggled for some time in the PL. Hence, why Chelsea were heavily linked with Rice to bench him. Under a good coach, unlike Lampard, he has improved his overall game. No one is turning their noses down on him. It’s a joke because we were linked with Jorginho last summer.

Hes one of the best in the world at what he does, if not the best, he covers the defence, is extremely press resilient, can play extremely quick balls to feet and move the ball forward all while being a good tackler. Yeah Chelsea would've made a mistake there by replacing him.

Lets not pretend the Chelsea team as they are now doesn't benefit from having Jorginho in it either, Kante is probably the best in the world at what he does right now but he couldnt do it without Jorginho there with him, the only partnership that might be better is Kimmich and Goretzka, and not surprisingly both teams live and die on those midfields.

I get maybe you're not turning your nose up at him but plenty were last summer, and he would realistically improve our midfield no end and I see joke after joke about it... if we had got Stones and Jorginho last summer we'd be in far better shape now than we are.

We should actually be looking for someone like him to replace Xhaka if we're able to.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

For the record though, I like Van de Beek, but I don't think he would suit us,

He's great & would be fantastic in the fabled "Bergkamp" role. But, sadly, we no longer play the proper free-flowing football of yore. We barely qualify to call what we play as football :lol:

He would've thrived under Wenger or, dare I say, would under someone like Conte.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Hes one of the best in the world at what he does, if not the best, he covers the defence, is extremely press resilient, can play extremely quick balls to feet and move the ball forward all while being a good tackler. Yeah Chelsea would've made a mistake there by replacing him.

Lets not pretend the Chelsea team as they are now doesn't benefit from having Jorginho in it either, Kante is probably the best in the world at what he does right now but he couldnt do it without Jorginho there with him, the only partnership that might be better is Kimmich and Goretzka, and not surprisingly both teams live and die on those midfields.

I get maybe you're not turning your nose up at him but plenty were last summer, and he would realistically improve our midfield no end and I see joke after joke about it... if we had got Stones and Jorginho last summer we'd be in far better shape now than we are.

We should actually be looking for someone like him to replace Xhaka if we're able to.
I’m just gonna have to disagree on this one. Jorginho is good but shouts of him being world class or elite are due to Chelsea winning the CL. First of all, Kante has done it without Jorginho. He won the league with Danny Drinkwater and Matic. Won the World Cup with Pogba too. So the idea that Jorginho was the ideal partner for Kante is not true.

Secondly, you point out Stones and Jorginho as being targets of ridicule to then going on to be important cogs of their teams. Well, they’re both being partnered by the world class talent. Stones was close to the chopping block till Dias came along. As for Jorginho, he was inconsistent until Kante returned to the team and Tuchel replaced Lampard. They are good players but they’re not elite. It’s not a certainty that those two would have improved us that much.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I’m just gonna have to disagree on this one. Jorginho is good but shouts of him being world class or elite are due to Chelsea winning the CL. First of all, Kante has done it without Jorginho. He won the league with Danny Drinkwater and Matic. Won the World Cup with Pogba too. So the idea that Jorginho was the ideal partner for Kante is not true.

Secondly, you point out Stones and Jorginho as being targets of ridicule to then going on to be important cogs of their teams. Well, they’re both being partnered by the world class talent. Stones was close to the chopping block till Dias came along. As for Jorginho, he was inconsistent until Kante returned to the team and Tuchel replaced Lampard. They are good players but they’re not elite. It’s not a certainty that those two would have improved us that much.

Im not saying Jorginho is good because he won the champions league, Im saying he has very clear abilities that allowed Chelsea to win the Champions league brushing both Madrid and City aside and dealing with their press and combining with Kante to control games.

Yeah like Im not saying Kante is anything but great, hes surely the best in his position at the moment. Er I couldn't see Kante and Drinkwater winning a champions league tbh. Maybe Matic in his prime who was an exceptional player could also have been as effective as Jorginho.To say Pogba+Kante or Drinkwater+Kante would be as effective leaves me a bit dumfounded

Im not sure who you think would be clearly better as a holding midfielder than Jorginho that. If you don't think a player who made the players team of he year in a position we were playing David Luiz in I'm not sure where the logic is. Look we'll agree to disagree I guess.

Edit: We're only taling about this ebcause Edu hasn't given us a juicy transfer so we can all discuss the finer points of the soundtrack to youtube highlights

ChefMan21

I've heard down the grapevine that we want to go bigger than our transfer record on one individual player this summer. And that player is within the league...
If what you say is true then it says Man City to me since they want a bit of a rebuild. Silva, Sterling, Cancelo, Foden are the names that pop to mind. Would be happy with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom