• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I doubt that you've watched him enough basing on that description. He's improved quite a lot on his all round play and has added goals to his game. Everton play with a lot of width so obviously so many of his chances will come from headers but there's just much more to his game.
That said, I'm not sure I'd want him for the money Everton would ask for. Not sure he'll ever be prolific enough and his form is a bit streaky.
he had a purple patch first part of the season and barely scored second part of the season

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
he had a purple patch first part of the season and barely scored second part of the season

This take on things is appalling.

His drop in form coincided with Everton's self implosion which saw them finish 10th. But generally speaking he's an elite athlete, he's quick, he's strong, he's tall, his hold up play has always been fantastic even when he wasn't scoring and now his finishing has vastly improved.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This take on things is appalling.

His drop in form coincided with Everton's self implosion which saw them finish 10th. But generally speaking he's an elite athlete, he's quick, he's strong, he's tall, his hold up play has always been fantastic even when he wasn't scoring and now his finishing has vastly improved.
DCL record is 40 league goals in 147 league games. He is not much of a goal scorer. For me he is less talneted version of Giroud. Someone like lacazette has way better scoring average in the PL. He is tall and his hold up is fantastic. I always laugh when people praise strikers attributes and finishing and scoring goals doesnt include. Reminds me of my friend who used to always defend welbeck saying he was a defensive striker......his jiob was not to score goals but to stretch defences lol. You can get better players for less money

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Calvert-Lewin feels overly difficult for fairly average player.

Having no manager will prolong any negotiation & then its Kronke vs the guy he forced out the club ffs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
DCL record is 40 league goals in 147 league games. He is not much of a goal scorer. For me he is less talneted version of Giroud. Someone like lacazette has way better scoring average in the PL. He is tall and his hold up is fantastic. I always laugh when people praise strikers attributes and finishing and scoring goals doesnt include. Reminds me of my friend who used to always defend welbeck saying he was a defensive striker......his jiob was not to score goals but to stretch defences lol. You can get better players for less money

Again, you don't know what you're talking about and didn't take any points on board.

His OVERALL goalscoring record is poor, because he's only just started finishing well. But in his last 55 league games he's scored 26 goals, he's improving all the time as a goalscorer.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
We will not sign DCL so this discussion is kind of pointless. The difference between DCL and Laca in terms of goals/assists is marginal anyway.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We will not sign DCL so this discussion is kind of pointless. The difference between DCL and Laca in terms of goals/assists is marginal anyway.
Yep...stupd argument. Its so funny watching hairspray argue with stats when it suits him and then the next moment argue stats is not all. He is basically on same level as lacazette overall and for what he would cost it would be mad to even entertain it. He would cost more than someone like isak for example who is comfortably better player

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yep...stupd argument. Its so funny watching hairspray argue with stats when it suits him and then the next moment argue stats is not all. He is basically on same level as lacazette overall and for what he would cost it would be mad to even entertain it. He would cost more than someone like isak for example who is comfortably better player

You, Yorch and Kash are literally the same person man. All of you just haven't got a clue. You brought up goal stats from Calvert Lewin's career, yet you can't even take on board that he's only recently started scoring well and finishing well. Its honestly bizarre.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He recently started scoring means he doesnt have long enough track record to say it wasnt purple patch watch he produced early on the season? Im gonna tell you what purple patch means. First 11 league games DCL got 11 goals. Next 22 league games he got 5 league goals. Combine this with him never being much of a goal scorer. Logic says the first 11 league games of last season scoring 11 league goals is not true reflection of his level. @HairSprayGooners you just love to argue without any logic

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He recently started scoring means he doesnt have long enough track record to say it wasnt purple patch watch he produced early on the season? Im gonna tell you what purple patch means. First 11 league games DCL got 11 goals. Next 22 league games he got 5 league goals. Combine this with him never being much of a goal scorer. Logic says the first 11 league games of last season scoring 11 league goals is not true reflection of his level. @HairSprayGooners you just love to argue without any logic

And that's just down to DCL is it? Nothing else? There needs to be a bigger context to what you're saying. Calvert Lewin's goalscoring dropped off, the season before last he also went through a stage of goalscoring. But his goalscoring is improving vastly.

Arsenal lost 7 in their opening 12 league games last season. In the next 26 they lost just 6 league games.

So in your opinion and using your logic that opening phase was just a rough patch for Arteta? Doesn't mean anything over the entire season...?

WhatAFC

He was playing in the conference and league 2 5/6 years ago & has only just turned 24.

40 league goals in 147 apps, pretty weak stat to use considering where he was and his age during those appearances.

The last 2 seasons he’s became a regular starter, and has averaged nearly a goal every 180 minutes. For a 21-24 year old that’s pretty damn good.

Also, lacazette, last 4 seasons, 128 apps 50 goals. not exactly way better scoring record. Even less so when you consider the DCL only played 500 minutes more than him during those 4 seasons.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

And that's just down to DCL is it? Nothing else? There needs to be a bigger context to what you're saying. Calvert Lewin's goalscoring dropped off, the season before last he also went through a stage of goalscoring. But his goalscoring is improving vastly.

Arsenal lost 7 in their opening 12 league games last season. In the next 26 they lost just 6 league games.

So in your opinion and using your logic that opening phase was just a rough patch for Arteta? Doesn't mean anything over the entire season...?
The reason most of your arguments are stupid is you go from stats argument to overall picture argument when one of your arguments is proven wrong. My argument is he is pretty same level as laca. You argued last season. I showed you his freak start was just that. I said before we could be linked with league 1 player and you would be the first to big him up and argue how good he is.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
The reason most of your arguments are stupid is you go from stats argument to overall picture argument when one of your arguments is proven wrong. My argument is he is pretty same level as laca. You argued last season. I showed you his freak start was just that. I said before we could be linked with league 1 player and you would be the first to big him up and argue how good he is.
He or she is an Arteta fan, you can’t take them seriously. To be an Arteta fan at this point means they are devoid of basic observational skills.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Ronald K had him playing RWB:
872-EAF70-2-A72-41-C8-9497-D2356-FCC69-ED.jpg

only six of his 28 appearances under Koeman came as a CF

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Think DCL is a fairly talented player, he can murder teams on the counterattack, hes pacy and hes a good bit stronger than people seem to think. Hes also a threat in the air which is pretty useful against a low block. Probably miss some creativity by having him in the side but you could manage that easily enough by dropping Pepe for the games where teams defend deep.

If we're getting in Ødegaard we can easily create chances for him by playing Esr, Ode and Saka in a 3 behind him. Let him pull the defenders out of place and make the runs while those 3 construct attacks. The chances we're getting him are almost nil though and theres no strong links so idk where all the debate has come from.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

DCL would be a realistic dream signing for me at CF. Quick, strong, tall, good aerial ability, good technique and a good motor. It's his price tag that would probably be a massive roadblock.

Kysus

I like Calvert-Lewin, has a lot of what we need in a striker and perfect age to develop further and bridge the cap between Auba/Laca(should sell both within the next year) and Balo/Martinelli.

Depends a lot on the price though.

Iceman10

Established Member
What's going on this week? Any real developments outside the usual Serie A clubs' lowballing shenanigans for players we want to sell?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

But how can you not see that saying he's on the same level as Lacazette is a really stupid argument? He's miles ahead of Lacazette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom