• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He isn't a major problem due to his performances over the past 6 months or so. He's been very good, he'll never be the perfect player for anyone here, but its wise to keep him instead of taking £12M.

You do realise we finished 8th? The pool of players we have access to where we can properly upgrade is very small.
He always finishes the season strongly, is this your first rodeo? Even if we assume his performances over the last 6 months have been good, it doesn't change anything. Our midfield'd techinical quality is woeful and he is the most technically awful out of all our midfielders. How you can pretend we can't upgrade on a player only **** teams like Hertha, Roma and Arsenal are interested in is inexplicable.

If we had the made up 250mil you were screeching about for most of the summer, finishing 8th wouldn't have mattered as much as you are making out now that we are a week away from the season and have done **** all. Finishing 8th hasn't stopped you having delusions about Martinez.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He always finishes the season strongly, is this your first rodeo? Even if we assume his performances over the last 6 months have been good, it doesn't change anything. Our midfield'd techinical quality is woeful and he is the most technically awful out of all our midfielders. How you can pretend we can't upgrade on a player only **** teams like Hertha, Roma and Arsenal are interested in is inexplicable.

If we had the made up 250mil you were screeching about for most of the summer, finishing 8th wouldn't have mattered as much as you are making out now that we are a week away from the season and have done **** all. Finishing 8th hasn't stopped you having delusions about Martinez.

Someone needs to take a long walk outside then come back and speak decently.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

You are wasting your time

Jesus christ.

Specifically say almost daily its dependant on CM/RB/AM signings. If you think we won't sign a CM to replace Xhaka then i don't know what to do for you.

Won't really disagree with any of that. Can't believe Xhaka still hasn't gone.

So where are we at...

20 days until the first game of the season.
28 days until Chelsea at home.
38 days until the window slams shut.

We desperately need Xhaka out the door and a new CM in next week. I think things start moving heavily next week onwards, cameras start rolling for the amazon doc, it'll all tie in. Ben White coming through the door at the same time.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I was hell bent on Xhaka leaving because we needed a refresh in that area. A CM signing was important IF XHAKA LEFT. Because he would leave a gap, obviously.

I would rather keep Xhaka than sell him for £12M. That's all.
Oh come on man.

Xhaka turns like a tank, is slow at actually passing the ball and makes mistakes. Neves doesn't make mistakes, he gives the ball quicker off both feet and might be slow in a straight line but he's way more agile than Xhaka, huge upgrade.
If the squad needed a refresh in the area, we need to buy a player to replace him. Saying that Xhaka decided to stay back so we didn't need a refresh in the first place is a lame excuse. So if a player doesn't want to move, we just hold on to him, give him a contract extension even if he is **** and decide not to buy a new player? Who runs the club? Xhaka or Mikel/Edu?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From the players we were linked with the only huge upgrade on Xhaka was probably Locatelli. Xhaka is certainly not the biggest problem in this squad, if you think he's the be all and end all of all our problems then there's something wrong and its simply a bit of an agenda.
Can't wait for the season to start and for you blame Xhaka instead of Arteta. It's what you always do. Throw players under the bus to protect your boy.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'll have no reason to do that if £150M is spent. Now there has to be improvement.
I'm starting to like your blind optimism. At the end of the day you want Arsenal to succeed, no point in trying to take out frustrations with the management of the club on you.

With that being said, don't let your brother use this account. Seeing such negativity is not good for children

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm starting to like your blind optimism. At the end of the day you want Arsenal to succeed, no point in trying to take out frustrations with the management of the club on you.

With that being said, don't let your brother use this account. Seeing such negativity is not good for children

Look there's a good amount of time left to get 3 deals done. I'm still fairly relaxed about it and think we will spend big. Not as big as first thought due to Xhaka staying of course.

I just want us to do well in all areas and I'll back things until they're desperately wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom