• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I think we need to apply that to our transfer window moves too. We keep getting hung up trying to sign big players on massive wages and it’s having a negative effect on our squad.

Sign 21-25 year olds who have a lot to prove rather than 28+ year old mercenaries. We shouldn’t have renewed Auba or Özil and shouldn’t have signed Pepe or Saliba money wise.

Imo we should be operating like a rich Leicester in the way we approach the window, rather than a poor mans United.
I agree. I seem to remember being ridiculed by AM for saying that regarding Auba. Its so much money wasted on just the players alone you mentioned.

Find it hilarious walking around Finsbury park at the moment, the amount of fools rocking the new kits is embarrassing. No one should be buying any sort of merchandise. Exacerbates the problem.

6666Louis

In this economy, there'll surely be discounted prices on players, simply because clubs have to sell. Not a bad idea to save som gunpowder for the last week. Don't we all agree?!?

It's easier to judge our transfer window by the end of it.

Subscribed to the above: We need a right back and a central midfielder.

Our problem is the size of our squad, and having too many mediocre players on big wages that no one wants to buy.

This is not Arteta or Edu's fault, it's an inherited.

roz

Fake News Merchant
In this economy, there'll surely be discounted prices on players, simply because clubs have to sell. Not a bad idea to save som gunpowder for the last week. Don't we all agree?!?

It's easier to judge our transfer window by the end of it.

Subscribed to the above: We need a right back and a central midfielder.

Our problem is the size of our squad, and having too many mediocre players on big wages that no one wants to buy.

This is not Arteta or Edu's fault, it's an inherited.
Mari, Cedric, Runarrson, Willian, Saliba.

All extremely poor signings under the current regime which are contributing to the predicament you noted.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
But do you not think it's incredibly dumb to get Onana in early? Considering he can't play. It has deadline day deal written all over it tbh.
I think is more.dumb, for a club with supposed 250M and offering silly money for Ramsdale, to wait and risk your signing only for not paying one month in salary... That's like what? 60K?

Risking to lose your target for 60K? That's cheap and dumb, but only in Arsenal I guess.

Malky

Established Member
5th of August and still nothing exciting happening. This is a seriously underwhelming window as things stand.
The club are the ones who started this " squad overhaul " talk, they knew what they were getting into talking about ins and outs. As things stand it's a massive, massive failure from Edu. Lost all faith that he's the right man for the job, and he's got around 3 weeks to turn this around (very unlikely)

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Feels like we're waiting for a domino effect where City buying Grelaish will somehow kickstart the market... but most clubs seem to be happy enough and doing small amounts of business. I dont think many clubs will come running to the door for our players.

I think theres a strong possibility that Arteta and Edu were very arrogant going in to this window assuming that their project would be a big draw when realistically the only transfers we can get done are by overpaying on wages.

Tom349

Feels like we're waiting for a domino effect where City buying Grelaish will somehow kickstart the market... but most clubs seem to be happy enough and doing small amounts of business. I dont think many clubs will come running to the door for our players.

I think theres a strong possibility that Arteta and Edu were very arrogant going in to this window assuming that their project would be a big draw when realistically the only transfers we can get done are by overpaying on wages.

Lukaku is holding things up the most. Grealish domino falling will kick start some business but won't have much effect on our dealings.

Once the season starts teams will start getting desperate. No need to panic.

roz

Fake News Merchant
More chance of El Nen transforming into Zidane overnight than us doing the amount of business required to take us forward.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

that really not going to help his case. hopefully he get out from his comfy spot soon.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In terms of ins say our window finishes in this manor -

Tavares - £8M
Lokonga - £15M
White - £50M
Maddison - £60M
Aarons - £25M
Onana - £5M

Would people be happy? Swap Aarons out for another right back if need be. Just the first name that really springs to mind. I'd probably say the above is a 8/10 window.

Yes, I'd be happy. We'd need big seasons from Leno, Gabriel, Partey, Pepe and Auba but I'd say we'd be in top 4 contention.

TinFish

Based on what? One mediocre season?

He’s 23, versatile, highly technical, CL proven and going cheap. It’s fairly obvious deal to make, take it!
Another player the forum will be moaning about in similar fashion to Xhaka. Kid will go missing and he will be crucified. Mark my words

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need a current squad analysis again, to see how many spaces we actually have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom