• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,716

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is a guy we really won't want to miss out on, especially as we don't have any midfielder even close to this profile at the club*. Has everything we need in a LCM IMO. Close to a breakout, impressive every time I've seen him, belies his age. Would understand the apprehension but he's a can't miss. A Gravenberch alternative. I'm a massive fan.

(*We do have one but he's 15).
Yeah an 18 year old kid from Aston Villa is what we need for next season. I’m sure that will send a message to the other teams.

Morning_woody

This is a guy we really won't want to miss out on, especially as we don't have any midfielder even close to this profile at the club*. Has everything we need in a LCM IMO. Close to a breakout, impressive every time I've seen him, belies his age. Would understand the apprehension but he's a can't miss. A Gravenberch alternative. I'm a massive fan.

With all due respect...
No more 18 year old players who can't handle the pressure, aren't consistent in their performance and need time to develop.
We need players who will make an impact from day one.

Goonger

Well Bellingham is the dream for that LCM position but if we can't get him and this guy is seen as a great alternative I'm all for going all in. How much he likely to cost?

Morning_woody

Happy with Eddie renewing.

Bringing someone of his quality in would probably cost 10-20 mill anyway, plus around the 40-70k range in wages.

We know he's at least decent at the PL level, a new guy might flop completely. Also knows the club, tactical system etc.

He's also only 22 and is clearly improving. People are acting like we're renewing a 31 year old Lacazette.

We haven't learned anything have we ?! Putting Eddie on 79k + contract means we are only going for one star striker (Jesus). Knowing our luck regarding injuries, Jesus will be out for 3-4 months per season meaning we rely on Eddie to decide games for us. No no and no.
I hope we are extending his contract only to get some money for him in the future - everything else is pure madness

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well Bellingham is the dream for that LCM position but if we can't get him and this guy is seen as a great alternative I'm all for going all in. How much he likely to cost?
Not much I reckon. Last year of his deal and isn't renewing. Definitely someone who should be a long term option. I think the Elneny re-signing has ****ed us in terms of reshaping the midfield but with Tielemans coming in aswell, I think Chukwuemeka is a perfect opportunity aswell. Barca and Dortmund are sniffing around so I'm hopeful we can beat them to the post. Think guys like Azeez and Patino need to play more first team football so we should look to loan them ASAP. Chukwuemeka isn't much more experienced but has played more minutes and is a lot more ready to play - hence why he's itching to leave Villa.

It'd be nice to get a similar player who's older but I don't see any of those players currently available and I'm not keen on signing Bissouma while he has a sexual assault charge hanging over his head. Tielemans is a good player but not the profile I want at LCM in terms of power and dynamism. This is a gamble we have to make IMO, otherwise it'll be a big miss - unless we can dig out an older alternative. Cheick Doucoure might be a shout, same with Kephren Thuram (also still quite young at 21).

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
good deal for Eddie, just to shut up those who ***** about it but don't even think it thru.

what's new?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Of all the questionable things I have said I’m getting red carded for saying we don’t need another 18 year old.

Last summer, I was against the Lokonga signing especially as we had many holes in our first team, so I get where you’re coming about going for young players in this window. I think we need more experienced players that are ready to slot into our first team rather than depth or players we’re going to be loaning out. However I wouldn’t be against young players that are serious talents but I doubt our club has enough pull to convince them to join us since “we don’t have the capacity” to even negotiate with teams or identify them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Last summer, I was against the Lokonga signing especially as we had many holes in our first team, so I get where you’re coming about going for young players in this window. I think we need more experienced players that are ready to slot into our first team rather than depth or players we’re going to be loaning out. However I wouldn’t be against young players that are serious talents but I doubt our club has enough pull to convince them to join us since “we don’t have the capacity” to even negotiate with teams or identify them.
But 18 year old that is serious talent in midfield surely would have host of clubs after him? And unless you are absolute elite like cesc or Bellingham at 18. It’s the hardest position to master. I just don’t think an 18 year old who is backup at villa is gonna come here and add much. And again what about Patino who people say is big talent? There is only so many young talents you can have space for

Goonger

But 18 year old that is serious talent in midfield surely would have host of clubs after him? And unless you are absolute elite like cesc or Bellingham at 18. It’s the hardest position to master. I just don’t think an 18 year old who is backup at villa is gonna come here and add much. And again what about Patino who people say is big talent? There is only so many young talents you can have space for

Well he's got Barca after him so that suggests he has some talent. And the difference between him & Patino is that he has the frame already of a full grown player, Patino still looks like he's a couple of years of growing to do.

He's already featured more for Villa than Patino has done for us. It doesn't have to be exclusive, we can still buy established players and pick up 1 or 2 of the biggest talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom