• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 968,641

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not too fussed about this to be honest. Looks a good player but it's not a priority position and we've got talent coming through.
Agree. Out of all the things we need to do rb should be quite far down on the priority imo. That and Arteta’s annoying (rumoured) obsession with another LCB

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Morata...

BB_516-20130321-UC_0349-7eef483.jpeg

His agents...

JackAndTodd.jpg

Finesse

Auoar, Tielemans, Zinchenko, Bissouma. Imagine all that for under/around 85m.

Midfield would be sorted from the budget isle FFS.

How is this even possible for that price? We still have Xhaka , Partey and renewed Mo . We cannot bring in 3 more midfielders unless someone is leaving at least.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
never really been a fan of Morata & no idea what wages he commands... but that price tag seems to be getting pretty low now

if a club can land him for 20-25m could be getting good value for the 20 goals / assists he seems to reach every domestic campaign

Legend14

Established Member
My point was that they wouldn't. Both are too good to rotate and I don't think either would accept a rotation role.

We were the 6th highest scorers this season, 8th before the 5-1 against Everton on the last day. I don't think playing 2 players together who have 5 goals in 160+ appearances helps us in any way to address that.

Can't rotate them, can't play them together, move on.
They can absolutely play together. Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
15m for Aouar seems tempting but think Mikel will like his personality.

TornadoTed

Established Member
They can absolutely play together. Not sure how you reached that conclusion.
I've reached that conclusion because we need way more goals to challenge the top 4 properly, roughly 15-20 as well as much more creativity and Bissouma provides neither.

Don't get me wrong with a Bissouma, Partey pivot we would be solid as hell, doubt we would barely ever lose a midfield battle but without creativity and goals I think we would still struggle to scrappy wins relying on set pieces and clean sheets like we have this year.

They would be fantastic together if we had a Kane/Son or Salah/Mane level partnership up front but we don't and won't.

I think we need an all rounder, someone who is going to be acceptable defensively, share some of the creative burden with Ødegaard and chips in with 7-8 goals, Bissouma nowhere near fits that description for me.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I've reached that conclusion because we need way more goals to challenge the top 4 properly, roughly 15-20 as well as much more creativity and Bissouma provides neither.

Don't get me wrong with a Bissouma, Partey pivot we would be solid as hell, doubt we would barely ever lose a midfield battle but without creativity and goals I think we would still struggle to scrappy wins relying on set pieces and clean sheets like we have this year.

They would be fantastic together if we had a Kane/Son or Salah/Mane level partnership up front but we don't and won't.

I think we need an all rounder, someone who is going to be acceptable defensively, share some of the creative burden with Ødegaard and chips in with 7-8 goals, Bissouma nowhere near fits that description for me.
Like who then? Kalvin Philipps would be the smart move, but can see City going for him unless they go for Rice.

Those kind of players are difficult to find.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Like who then? Kalvin Philipps would be the smart move, but can see City going for him unless they go for Rice.

Phillips imo isn’t that player. Not creative/all action enough. Rice might be?, but not even sure on him. Bellingham sure but uncertainty about short term contribution due to Bundesliga tax.

I’d prioritise the creative side and look at the likes of Aouar, Tielemans, Paqueta, etc. Tielemans actually had very good defensive stats last season but people have forgotten because of recency bias. I’d go for Aouar but that’s down personal preference

TornadoTed

Established Member

I think we will really regret not going for Guimaraes, he is exactly what I am describing. He is solid enough to help out defensively, decent physically, good passer and chipped in with 5 goals in 1/2 season.

Paqueta would be my number one choice, good all rounder and has scored 1 in 5 (41 in 200 games) over his career.

Legend14

Established Member

Fair. Obviously goals are the primary issue for us.

I am just surprised we need add someone behind Ødegaard to cover for his lack of offense. If he is playing the 10 position he needs to step up his contribution. I wouldn’t compromise the steel to cover for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom