• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,944
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yes. Links as recently as last week talking about Zaire as a long term target.
I give it a 0.1% chance of happening, he's being intergrated slowly and gradually into psg team why would he leave?
(Maybe they've finally learned not to waste the young talents they have?)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I give it a 0.1% chance of happening, he's being intergrated slowly and gradually into psg team why would he leave?
(Maybe they've finally learned not to waste the young talents they have?)
960x614_badass-farmer-league

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

On the other hand maybe it's time we spend real money on our midfield. partey and Xhaka have done well this season but before our midfield has been a ever going problem.
Proper money on special talents yes. Rice is not close to as talented as Enzo. He is not a 100 million player no matter what

Goonger

Moysey, you didn't need to say the plus more you ****, if he's a British transfer record that covers everything above £107M.

Anyway, this is the problem we'll have, we've seen this movie a few times now. We do the legwork with the player, we might even get him to say we're his first choice and he's keen on joining, the club makes a bid they think is reasonable, the selling club laughs and calls it derisory and demands a stupid amount, we bid a couple of times more adding a little amount onto original bid, the player might even agitate for a move, but the selling club stands firm. A rival club will probably enter the fray, and we eventually give up as we have our valuation and have to be disciplined.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
It will make me laugh if Rice runs his contract down and leaves on a free. This whole scenario reminds me of the Leicester fans telling us we had to pay £60m for Maddison and he wouldn't be first choice for them if we did sign him the season before last. Now he's their best player and they're looking at the prospect of losing him on a free if they don't sell him cheap in the summer. At the same time they're also losing Tielemans on a free

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

West Ham are loco. If we’re breaking any British transfer record (I very much doubt we’ll ever do) I’ll rather we do it in signing Kvaratskhelia than doing it for Rice.

Agree with what @Rasmi is saying. Which of the two will have a bigger impact on our first eleven? That sort of money should be spent on a real star signing, the type of player that’ll help us win the CL.

Tom349

Outside of Chelsea and United to a lesser degree which big clubs are paying ridiculous transfer fees?

I don't think the fees for Rice, Caicedo and plenty of others will be as high as some think. Can't be asking for 80m plus for these players and then expect to sign players 20m. Inflation will go through the roof if not.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What I like most about Rice is his running power, and this is not me saying that he doesn't have other qualities it's more that in terms of what our team lacks this is something he'll provide. That ability to run into space carrying the ball and dragging defending players. Where someone like Xhaka will pass, Rice will move into the space at speed before making a pass, when it is necessary to do so. No slight on Xhaka because contrary to popular belief I don't think there's *that* many upgrades we could possibly make but Rice is one of them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Kvara is the truth, he’s a level above Martinelli for sure. But De Laurentiis would demand at least 150m from a PL club in this market. Maybe City pay that but he’ll probably stay at Napoli another year. Which isn’t a bad thing, all the talent shouldn’t be in one league.

And lol there’s absolutely no way Rice is going for a British transfer record. He’ll go for like 80m, anything more than that is nonsensical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom