• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 724,168
Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Ahh yes, let's sell our £45M striker a year after we signed him just to go spend 85M+ on a position that currently isn't even weak on a new player who might score some goals, honestly that's even more idiotic.

That's fine, but yeah let's bring in Amrabat or Onana neither whom have had top levels of consistent success in the PL instead of someone who has, ok.
Selling Jesus is not happening but I said from the beginning we hamstrung ourselves a little with his signing. He's brilliant at virtually everything but scoring, that and his horrible injury record would always come back to bite us. I said at the start of the season he'll score nine in the league and there's a realistic chance he might not even reach that.

"Consistent success in the PL" you'd probably have called for us to sign Barry and Sutton instead of Vieira and Henry too in the late 90s if you weren't still marinating in your soiled diapers back then.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With our inability to land our main targets recently, we'd probably entice Lee Cattermole out of retirement. I don't think we're in a position to turn our noses up at Rice or Onana. Amrabat I know little about, and Bellingham will probably be too difficult to land.

CL football will help our attractiveness, but Chelsea will financially overpay and that will probably make them more competitive in the market than us. Still, the summer window is a happier hunting ground for us, and I'd expect us to keep strengthening the squad.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People are talking about him being a donkey and being slow or having slow decision making.

We play in a system that is incredibly choreographed. Everyone knows where to be when someone has the ball. Everyone knows the plays we have, and the spaces to occupy.

Is that how West Ham plays? Rice can literally drop a ball on a six pence. He can put it wherever he wants it. Take off the hat that looks at a player in a particular team and just imagine him in ours.

Imagine him switching it to Saka and Martinelli or in behind. Imagine him knowing what his next pass is before he receives it. Imagine him in a midfield WITH Partey and Ødegaard.

He is robust, he is good in the air, he is quick, he can tackle, he can ping a ball, he can shoot off either foot, he can carry and he can see a pass. He is a complete midfielder. He also is incredibly skillfull and hasn't displayed what he can truly do.

He needs freedom. He needs to be moved further forward. He needs to be allowed to attack rather than hold a team together which he has been doing for a number of years now.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Best player on the pitch for the 75 minutes in the BIGGEST game. England lost all control when he was subbed and then the coward Saka missed a penalty.

How anyone can call Saka a coward is beyond me. He stepped up & took a penalty when more senior colleagues, who displayed actual cowardice in forfeiting their positions, to allow him to assume the massive weight of responsibility.

Thankfully, he's made of sterner stuff & has come back stronger than ever!!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

"Consistent success in the PL" you'd probably have called for us to sign Barry and Sutton instead of Vieira and Henry too in the late 90s if you weren't still marinating in your soiled diapers back then.

Declan Rice is reminding me of when our whole fanbase were on their knees for Scott Parker from Charlton then he ended up going to Chelsea. Decent player at the time but looked out of his depth in the CL for Chelsea. Not surprised they levelled up on him and went with Essien in the following season:

1675606638994.png

Top tier midfield right there.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Declan Rice is reminding me of when our whole fanbase were on their knees for Scott Parker from Charlton then he ended up going to Chelsea. Decent player at the time but looked out of his depth in the CL for Chelsea. Not surprised they levelled up on him and went with Essien in the following season:

View attachment 12950

Top tier midfield right there.
Can't be true, Essien didn't have PL quality at the time therefore he's automatically worse than Parker. Was probably Lampard carrying him on his back or Joe Cole giving orders from the bench.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Declan Rice is reminding me of when our whole fanbase were on their knees for Scott Parker
A-M wasn’t 👀

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A-M wasn’t 👀

Strange bunch, I thought they’d had a fetish for that type of midfielder.

How about Lorik Cana? I remember he was someone a lot of Arsenal fans wanted too after watching a few compilations 🤣🤣

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Strange bunch, I thought they’d had a fetish for that type of midfielder.

How about Lorik Cana? I remember he was someone a lot of Arsenal fans wanted too after watching a few compilations 🤣🤣

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Fwiw you could pay the release clauses of Zubimendi and Nico Williams for a total of 102 million euro, which is about 90 million pound. And you’d have two very good young players for CM and RW. And Edu wouldn’t have to negotiate bless him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fwiw you could pay the release clauses of Zubimendi and Nico Williams for a total of 102 million euro, which is about 90 million pound. And you’d have two very good young players for CM and RW. And Edu wouldn’t have to negotiate bless him.
We can do much better. Rather go the rice Caicedo route instead of Zubimendi

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We can do much better. Rather go the rice Caicedo route instead of Zubimendi

I need to watch more of him but he’s definitely a press resistant metronomic 6. Depends if the club wants to invest in that position, Partey will be 30 Jorginho is 31, they still have juice in them but the club will have one eye on the future.

In terms of value for money he could be right up there. Personally I don’t want go down the Chelsea route of financial incontinence I’d rather spend smart.

Would be happy with Rice too but max 80m anything more is too much.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

That's weird, most expensive premier league transfer and one of the highest-rated midfielders in the world saying he loves watching Declan Rice?

I am so so shocked and confused as to why he doesn't watch Amrabat or Onana instead?
Sit back down fella. Its embarrassing.

You like Rice. We get it. Stop whining.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

We might not be able to do that with FFP. That goes down on 1 years outlet, where as if we agree a fee it can amotised over 4-5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom