• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 733,948
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Definitely would go for him, we need another direct attacker as we only really have Martinelli currently.

The problem we’re going to have though is any right winger that we potentially would want here instantly knows they’re holding the bench for the majority of the season.
Then you buy someone who can play both flanks. Diaby can play left and right. Any right winger we buy needs an additional position.

The other option is buying Kudus, who can play along the front 3 and in midfield.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Maddison would unseat Xhaka in that role very quickly. Imagine adding another 10+ PL goal midfielder to our XI. He’s missed 8 games in two years, I think we’re overdoing the fitness piece.

Xhaka is better going the other way. A team with both Ødegaard, Maddison and two attacking wingers is way too top heavy imo.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka is better going the other way. A team with both Ødegaard, Maddison and two attacking wingers is way too top heavy imo.
I think it allows flexibility for lower block teams as Xhaka lacks the creativity in that role. With Zinchenko inverting and Partey being positionally excellent, I think we would be able to have a more attacking player in that Xhaka role and be covered.

Let's not forget that we had to advance Xhaka to cover up some of his deficiencies going back. I agree though, I wouldn't pair Ødegaard and Maddison away at the Etihad for example.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You want something in between Xhaka and Maddison, one doesn’t have attacking deft and other doesn’t have the physicality. Gundogan can score and assist but also harry opposition players in midfield. You want an all rounder like that. More like MacAllister or Bellingham.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

After all these years we're finally going into a transfer window from a position of strength with no glaring holes
No glaring holes? We have no squad compare to the top teams. Once you go past first 13 players the quality drops big time

Mudi

No glaring holes? We have no squad compare to the top teams. Once you go past first 13 players the quality drops big time

Uh he is exactly saing that we are in a position that we will strengthen the team to improve on positions and not to fix problems. If we buy a CM, that is because we want to upgrade on Xhaka. If we buy a LB, it is because we want to upgrade on Tierney. A new number 10 is because Vieira/ESR are not up to the task...

The first eleven is strong enough to compete for the title which puts us in a very nice position.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Riou advice for this window...

Buy quality players Arsenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom