• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 724,099
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
So Edu stop roasting meat in your backyard and throwing money at Bloom and get your ass to South America. Are you telling me Bloom is better operator in South America than Edu could be if he wanted to, Bloom knows South American football better than Edu? He just needs to stop playing at being the Brazilian Iron Chef and start racking up the frequent flyer miles. Or better yet hire a couple of guys from that market who are already agents

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Your logic is sound we do need experienced world class players but not the big trendy buy. That has never been the Arsenal formula. Yes we buy an Auba or Jesus here and there but we are always a value buyer. I don’t want us becoming Mercenary United Lite chasing the buys Boehly and United want. That is not being a big club that is being stupid. And we don’t need Bloom or Brighton there is nothing that tosser Bloom can do in South America that Arsenal can’t do better. Buy direct mate cut out the middleman just like any business if you want to control acquisition costs.

Good point and that does make sense but you also have to remember by cutting out the middleman there’s always a risk of landing on a few duds here and there. Just look at Brighton, there’s a lot of really good business that they’ve done recently but there are also signings that haven’t worked out like Deniz Undav for example, who was fantastic in Belgium with 26 goals and 12 assists last season but looks completely out of his depth in the PL. There’s a lot less pressure at Brighton to make these mistakes and a lot of these types of signings are overlooked by fans.

Would our fans be ready for these gambles when we’ve got bigger fish to fry next season in the CL? Not so sure. Can see many questioning the ambition of the club and crying for them to “spend some fackinnnn monies”

Every transfer whether it’s a huge or minimal fee is a gamble of course. Todd Boehly spending ridiculous amounts and not knowing how to fit all these players in shouldn’t put us off target quality players. Take João Félix as another example, he has looked a level above the rest of the Chelsea player yet many on here were skeptical about bringing him on loan because of his misfortunes at Atletico.

Farzad Stoned

Good point and that does make sense but you also have to remember by cutting out the middleman there’s always a risk of landing on a few duds here and there. Just look at Brighton, there’s a lot of really good business that they’ve done recently but there are also signings that haven’t worked out like Deniz Undav for example, who was fantastic in Belgium with 26 goals and 12 assists last season but looks completely out of his depth in the PL.

Would our fans be ready for these gambles when we’ve got bigger fish to fry next season in the CL? Not so sure. Can see many questioning the ambition of the club and crying for them to “spend some fackinnnn monies”

Every transfer whether it’s a huge or minimal fee is a gamble of course. Todd Boehly spending ridiculous amounts and not knowing how to fit all these players in shouldn’t put us off target quality players. Take João Félix as another example, he has looked a level above the rest of the Chelsea player yet many on here were skeptical about bringing him on loan because of his misfortunes at Atletico.
Agree on Felix. Look none of these guys are going to march right into our 11 and be thrown to wolves. You buy them for a few million loan them and boom bring them back like Saliba. We have seen ourselves that the kids can do big things if properly groomed and trained.

Our fanbase absolutely will understand as long as the pipeline turns out a few bargain gems like we see now. Nketiah, martinelli, Gabriel, Saka, Esr, and Saliva combined all cost less than one Caicedo buy from Bloom. So yes there are risks there are duds, but if you play the long game and are smart about it the potential rewards far outweigh a few cheap duds here and there that never pan out

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I’d like Rice more if he was a miserable git like Keane or Milner or them lot, but that whole “10 week old puppy” personality he has is a bit off putting. You’re a DM man, you should be looking sternly over the foggy moors, not squirting water up into the air and catching it in your mouth.

Farzad Stoned

I’d like Rice more if he was a miserable git like Keane or Milner or them lot, but that whole “10 week old puppy” personality he has is a bit off putting. You’re a DM man, you should be looking sternly over the foggy moors, not squirting water up into the air and catching it in your mouth.
i would like Rice if his price tag wasn’t 100 million plus.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Admittedly I haven’t watched a ton of his games, but what I’ve seen of him reminds me of what we were looking for in Mudryk. Rapid player, good dribbler. Can press. Pretty decent with his weaker foot too. Time for agent Xhaka to go to work and bring the young Swiss home, if we really want him, that is.

Last edited:

6666Louis

I think Caicedo will be bought.

His quickness, technical ability and ability of winning the ball back fits Artetas style of play. With both Partey and Caicedo, question is whether we need defenders. And question is whether it's already done.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I watched him plays many time, im not excited about this guy.
He looks not bad at defense but if we compare him with Caicedo or Rice. His level is not above them

I don't think Edu and Teta are targeting these players anymore. Buying Premier League proven has been a huge success. We'd be foolish to splash the cash on a Zubimendi and take the risk that he needs to adapt or doesn't fit in the Premier League.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I don't think Edu and Teta are targeting these players anymore. Buying Premier League proven has been a huge success. We'd be foolish to splash the cash on a Zubimendi and take the risk that he needs to adapt or doesn't fit in the Premier League.
Agree! For me he is just another Torreira. We are in the middle of the process like Arteta said. We need the players who are ready to play and help us to obtain the success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom