• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,994
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m getting more excited about it. Slowly.

Think the tactical flexibility he brings in game will open up all sorts of possibilities for Arteta to start experimenting. Can’t be using the same playbook forever, regardless of how amazing it’s been.
Always wary of signings that seem a banker to happen. Rarely turns out that way.

Can’t for the life of me understand why we aren’t trying for Bellingham though? Maybe he’s already chosen where he’s going.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Always wary of signings that seem a banker to happen. Rarely turns out that way.

Can’t for the life of me understand why we aren’t trying for Bellingham though? Maybe he’s already chosen where he’s going.

I’m relieved we’re not going for Bellingham. We would never land him. Literally never. And that’s fine. We’ve never been “that” club. What would be unbearable would be pining after him like a lost puppy for the whole window and then watching him turn out for city/Madrid next season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bellingham is going to Madrid. Why do people think Liverpool will sign him with no CL football? Liverpool are similar to us, they’re historically a big club but they rarely buy big name players.

As for Rice. I have no trust in Edu to get him over the line. I think we’ll go back in for Caicedo because I imagine we’ve done most of the groundwork with his agency and this time our bids will be more “respectable” for Brighton.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’m relieved we’re not going for Bellingham. We would never land him. Literally never. And that’s fine. We’ve never been “that” club. What would be unbearable would be pining after him like a lost puppy for the whole window and then watching him turn out for city/Madrid next season.
Bellingham is going to Madrid. Why do people think Liverpool will sign him with no CL football? Liverpool are similar to us, they’re historically a big club but they rarely buy big name players.

As for Rice. I have no trust in Edu to get him over the line. I think we’ll go back in for Caicedo because I imagine we’ve done most of the groundwork with his agency and this time our bids will be more “respectable” for Brighton.
Feel like Bellingham is smart enough to do a Haaland and understand he’s young enough to go to the PL and still move to Madrid well before his prime.

I’m not sure he should go there yet, Camavinga can’t get a game, Valverde and Tchouauauauauameni look like future world class CMs and Modric and Kroos are still ticking along nicely.

For a guy who chose Dortmund over every club in England I’m hoping he continues that sensible decision making.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Feel like Bellingham is smart enough to do a Haaland and understand he’s young enough to go to the PL and still move to Madrid well before his prime.

I’m not sure he should go there yet, Camavinga can’t get a game, Valverde and Tchouauauauauameni look like future world class CMs and Modric and Kroos are still ticking along nicely.

For a guy who chose Dortmund over every club in England I’m hoping he continues that sensible decision making.

The only smart realistic choice for Bellingham is City imo. I hope he goes to Real because City with Bellingham and Haaland? Cheat code.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

I have seen rumours that Kroos is looking to retire at the end of the season. I’ve seen Valverde play on the right wing, and Ancelotti has been using Camavinga as a left back lately. There’s definitely space for Bellingham in Madrid’s midfield.

If Bellingham is to come to the Prem then I find it hard to imagine City wouldn’t want him. I think that team needs a shakeup and who better to replace Gundogan, Philips and Silva than Bellingham.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I look at Chelsea and can absolutely see them going for a Rice-Enzo midfield pairing.

Only way we win is to put in all the groundwork and sway him just like G.Jesus who Chelsea wanted to go for also.

Chelsea also have an advantage as they would prob throw Gallagher, Mount, Broja into any potential deal which West Ham would want,

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The only smart realistic choice for Bellingham is City imo. I hope he goes to Real because City with Bellingham and Haaland? Cheat code.

Agreed, he’s the ideal Gundogan replacement.

Actually don’t think he’s really a fit at Liverpool, the way their fullbacks play the game they need quite conservative midfielders.

He’d be amazing in the Xhaka role but there’s no way Arsenal have the ability to sign him, they wouldn’t even bother.

ChefMan21

Agreed, he’s the ideal Gundogan replacement.

Actually don’t think he’s really a fit at Liverpool, the way their fullbacks play the game they need quite conservative midfielders.

He’d be amazing in the Xhaka role but there’s no way Arsenal have the ability to sign him, they wouldn’t even bother.
Nah, put in a bid for ****s and giggles, see if he's interested. The crush you had for years but never asked out and to this day you don't know why. 'No' is just a word.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Lol you listing all those Madrid midfielders has really put in to perspective what a CL fighting team really looks like. Suddenly going for both Caceido and Rice doesnt sound that daft.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I can see Caicedo at Chelsea more so than here, Enzo isn’t really a DM so I still think they need to replace Kante long term. I think Caicedo would suit that better.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they go big for Rice though, he’s a big name and Chelsea is all about big names.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Lol you listing all those Madrid midfielders has really put in to perspective what a CL fighting team really looks like. Suddenly going for both Caceido and Rice doesnt sound that daft.
Mate, it’s crazy.

They’re being smart and buying the Modric-Kroos replacements before they actually need them though.

Let’s them learn off the experienced guys, get acclimatised to the club and all that jazz.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Nah, put in a bid for ****s and giggles, see if he's interested. The crush you had for years but never asked out and to this day you don't know why. 'No' is just a word.

What was her name?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Mate, it’s crazy.

They’re being smart and buying the Modric-Kroos replacements before they actually need them though.

Let’s them learn off the experienced guys, get acclimatised to the club and all that jazz.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it smart though, it’s more taking advantage of their unique privilege.

Most clubs simply couldn’t attract such talented young players and not offer them consistent minutes, but Madrid’s pull is so huge that a guy like Camavinga, who all of Europe wanted, will probably wait 2-3 years before he becomes a trusted starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom