• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 724,108
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
You need center back that can defend and Garcia simply can't defend he make holding look solid

I think he’s young enough to improve in that regard, especially under Teta’s tutelage. In a side that dominates possession and controls matches his deficiencies shouldn’t be as exposed. I’m just saying for the right price he’s not a bad option as a back-up.

bastun

Player:Saka
Depends what you’re after. Holding has attributes generally more suitable for a CB in this league. But if you want a ball-playing CB for build up that can progress play and keep possession Garcia is more ideal.
Don't know man. I just imagine him defending in transition sprinting back ( the one video where the ref was runnig faster than Jorginho). He also physically and playing style reminds me a lot of Mustafi. We suffered for so many years , no more bums in our squad that we try to offload afterwards please.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Whenever I've watched him, he's looked suspect.

Defensively yeah I agree, but he looks good on the ball and quite versatile, which is what Arteta seems to like in a defender. He also has decent pedigree playing at big clubs. As a back up I think we could do worse.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Pepe has looked pretty bad when I've seen him this season, albeit it's only been like 2 games so it could've been unlucky. Looking at his stats though he's been crap. Even just the surface level numbers are poor, scoring only against very poor opposition and going missing in most games. Creates absolutely nothing as well.

I think the failed move to you lot broke him. He plays with zero swagger, complete opposite of how he played before his move to Arsenal. There's probably a decent Ligue 1 player there but he's on PL top 6 starter level money so of course you're going to have to eat some of it to get rid of him.

Would be an impressive turn of events if Arteta manages to turn him into something, but I highly doubt it. Doesn't seem like the type of character Arteta wants in his team, not because he's a **** or anything but Arteta seems to dislike the more sheepish and meek type of players.
It’s not him looking bad, it’s just because he is bad. Pepe is not a good footballer. He is able to land a well struck shot here and there when he gets in a good position. The rest of his game is below par, especially his dribbling.

Don’t have this place fool you - your eye and stats test is telling you the truth.

Don’t think we “broke” him at all. He had a purple patch but his true ability was never good enough. It happens a lot moving to a tough league like PL for a lot of players.

Some players can’t handle that step and mentally can’t be bothered to give it a go to make it work. He’s one of those players who didn’t want to put in the effort to compensate for his lack of ability in relation to the step up to the PL and basically, couldn’t be arsed.

We will undoubtedly get slated for not being to get rid of him but he’s the last expensive/high wages player from a previous (very awful) era so we need to just bite the bullet and accept the L.

If Edu gets any money for him it will be a miracle, and it’s not his fault at all. The player just isn’t that good to justify the financial outlay for any club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Eric Garcia possible transfer:

Pros
- PL experience
- Has worked with Teta before and familiar with positional play.
- Suited to a possession-based football.
- Good passer
- composed & reads the game well.
- Young enough to improve further.
- Cheapish

Cons
- Not the quickest
- Not the strongest
- Not the best aerially.
- Not great at winning duels.

Personally I wouldn’t mind him as a Saliba back-up. We could do a lot worse.
Loool basically a defender who can’t defend. He would be a good backup as long as he never enters the pitch. Honestly guy is not a pl level defender. I don’t think he would be a starter for a single pl team. That’s how bad he is

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Loool basically a defender who can’t defend. He would be a good backup as long as he never enters the pitch. Honestly guy is not a pl level defender. I don’t think he would be a starter for a single pl team. That’s how bad he is

He’s only just turned 22. Still a fetus in CB terms. Defensively only going to improve with experience. His physical and athletic limitations for the PL are a worry though. But in a dominant possession based team it shouldn’t be as much of an issue. This isn’t the Wenger banter era where the whole team used to bomb forward and our supposed DM thought he was Zidane, leaving our 2 CB’s completely isolated.

ragnarock

According to FM his most improved attribute in the last year is probability to score (not goals).
Probably with like 500%
Geez.

35F72BB1-F3F1-4AD8-8767-7053DB3EF16F.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Eric Garcia possible transfer:

Pros
- PL experience
- Has worked with Teta before and familiar with positional play.
- Suited to a possession-based football.
- Good passer
- composed & reads the game well.
- Young enough to improve further.
- Cheapish

Cons
- Not the quickest
- Not the strongest
- Not the best aerially.
- Not great at winning duels.

Personally I wouldn’t mind him as a Saliba back-up. We could do a lot worse.

Yea and Arteta's coached him and has a pretty good record with signing players he's coached and bringing them up a level. Only 22 so quite possible he irons out defensive mistakes. John Stones got slated for his defending when City first signed him too. But he managed to improve defensively

FBREF tells me his progessive passes and progressive carries are both 99th percentile.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Well if Holding leaves then I feel Garcia is a similarly decent squad option. Probably a similar overall level but Gacia’s strength is on the ball which Arteta favors.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Yea and Arteta's coached him and has a pretty good record with signing players he's coached and bringing them up a level. Only 22 so quite possible he irons out defensive mistakes. John Stones got slated for his defending when City first signed him too. But he managed to improve defensively

FBREF tells me his progessive passes and progressive carries are both 99th percentile.

Fans keep saying Holding is better which is a bit silly. Garcia has 20 caps for Spain by 21. If Holding were Spanish he wouldn’t get near their NT.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Fans keep saying Holding is better which is a bit silly. Garcia has 20 caps for Spain by 21. If Holding were Spanish he wouldn’t get near their NT.

Were that the case, no one would argue about it.

We love Holdini's passion & commitment but, ultimately, he's limited.

The good thing is he plays for England. The bad thing is, for all his efforts, he can't seem to displace a mobile fridge.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think he’s young enough to improve in that regard, especially under Teta’s tutelage. In a side that dominates possession and controls matches his deficiencies shouldn’t be as exposed. I’m just saying for the right price he’s not a bad option as a back-up.
Arteta is not god ffs. He can’t take a guy who can’t defend and teach him to defend at the highest level. One that he coached as well. A guy who went from Barca academy, to city to back to Barca who had all sorts of top coaches. But somehow Arteta is gonna teach him something they couldn’t. Why couldn’t he improve lokonga or Nuno Tavares if he is so amazing

bastun

Player:Saka
I'm quite surprised so many people actually rate garcia. From the easyest bullied team, we became one of the most physical teams in the league. I doubt arteta will compromise this for a midget cb with the physique of a love island girl who can play out from the back.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm quite surprised so many people actually rate garcia. From the easyest bullied team, we became one of the most physical teams in the league. I doubt arteta will compromise this for a midget cb with the physique of a love island girl who can play out from the back.
Garcia is the only defender I seen Barca fans say he gets bullied by every striker in la liga and it’s too physical for him. He is basically Fabio vieira of center backs. We already bought a cb who looks physically suspect in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom