• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 724,059
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t necessarily call it smart though, it’s more taking advantage of their unique privilege.

Most clubs simply couldn’t attract such talented young players and not offer them consistent minutes, but Madrid’s pull is so huge that a guy like Camavinga, who all of Europe wanted, will probably wait 2-3 years before he becomes a trusted starter.
That is also true tbf.

I really really hate the fact that everyone wants to play for them. :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I wouldn’t necessarily call it smart though, it’s more taking advantage of their unique privilege.

Most clubs simply couldn’t attract such talented young players and not offer them consistent minutes, but Madrid’s pull is so huge that a guy like Camavinga, who all of Europe wanted, will probably wait 2-3 years before he becomes a trusted starter.
Imagine how @Riou feels

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
A word of caution on Rice though is that big money transfers of English players don’t have a great record of success.

Sterling to City was a success though I don’t think he was ever truly world class there, you have to go back to Rooney to Utd and Ferdinand to Utd for big money deals which really worked.

Grealish to City hasn’t been a failure but certainly hasn’t lived up to expectations, Sancho to Utd, Sterling to Chelsea, Maguire, Chilwell, Wan-Bissaka.

Doesn’t mean that has any effect on Rice obviously.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just get Rice deal early i beg i dont care about anything else the only position in squad lack quality depth is in midfield get that early and spend all summer getting backup RW and maybe another midfield depend on Jorginho performance

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

A word of caution on Rice though is that big money transfers of English players don’t have a great record of success.

Sterling to City was a success though I don’t think he was ever truly world class there, you have to go back to Rooney to Utd and Ferdinand to Utd for big money deals which really worked.

Grealish to City hasn’t been a failure but certainly hasn’t lived up to expectations, Sancho to Utd, Sterling to Chelsea, Maguire, Chilwell, Wan-Bissaka.

Doesn’t mean that has any effect on Rice obviously.
Got a feeling he'd fit in very well in to the squad. Credit where it's due, the squad to me feel like a strong unit that lifts each other and he seems a really good fit for that.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Got a feeling he'd fit in very well in to the squad. Credit where it's due, the squad to me feel like a strong unit that lifts each other and he seems a really good fit for that.

Agreed. He seems to be a leader and a good lad to have in the dressing room, the guy is clearly very serious about football and he's got ambition. We could probably get a more talented CM in for the same amount of money, but the off the pitch factors is why I like Rice a lot.

Sparrahork

That is also true tbf.

I really really hate the fact that everyone wants to play for them. :lol:
Young players have grown up and still see it as an ultimate destination to go to.

La Liga is however further on the wane, it won't take too long before the premiership is their main interest.

The only issue the premiership has is it is perhaps overly competitive. If you join Barca or real you are guaranteed UCL football. Join Liverpool who have been a force of late and you are very much not. Man city is still building its reputation, very soon however kids will see it as an established force (if not already).

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Do people think we’re gonna be back in for Caicedo? I thought the only reason we looked at him over Zubimendi was because Zubi wanted to see the season out with Sociedad? We know how much Edteta loves a good release clause…

He’s also frankly a better player…

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Do people think we’re gonna be back in for Caicedo? I thought the only reason we looked at him over Zubimendi was because Zubi wanted to see the season out with Sociedad? We know how much Edteta loves a good release clause…

He’s also frankly a better player…

Agreed, Zubimendi is the better player imo, Caicedo is the better player if you want interceptions, breaking up play and tackles. With Zubimendi you got a Rodri/Busquets type player tho. If we have hardworking nr 8s (Ødegaard and Xhaka/Rice), it will be better having Zubimendi than Caicedo. Tbh, I'm not that impressed by Caicedos passing.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Agreed, Zubimendi is the better player imo, Caicedo is the better player if you want interceptions, breaking up play and tackles. With Zubimendi you got a Rodri/Busquets type player tho. If we have hardworking nr 8s (Ødegaard and Xhaka/Rice), it will be better having Zubimendi than Caicedo. Tbh, I'm not that impressed by Caicedos passing.

You forgot to mention football IQ… 🍿

ChefMan21

I don't see why we wouldn't go back in - he's a good player - just a question of whether he's our top target and gettable.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Really hope Zubi is the no.1 target, clear of Caicedo and Rice.

And unlikely Chelsea will go in for him due to the HG rule.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I need to watch more of Zubimendi but from what I know about him he suits the 6 role Arteta wants more than Caicedo.

From a 6 Arteta wants someone who’s press resistant and sets the rhythm with passing. Probably why he wanted Jorginho for so long. Zubimendi is that type.

There isn’t actually a clear spot for him in the short term though, if we presume that Partey and Jorginho will be here next season. He might want to go to Barca cos there’s a clear spot there to replace Busquets.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really hope Zubi is the no.1 target, clear of Caicedo and Rice.

And unlikely Chelsea will go in for him due to the HG rule.
How is he clear of them? Statistically inferior while playing for a top 3 team in Spain in a weaker league than the Premier League. Not an established international, and very little soft factors.

I'd say reset the market with Rice. If we can get him for £85 million, then that means Caicedo has to be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom