• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,971
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He embarrassed himself last season in the EL semi finals, biggest games in West Hams history and he put in two solid 3/10 performances.

He covers a lot of ground defensively and can carry the ball forward but any decision he makes in his peanut brain takes fifteen minutes to reach his donkey legs. No thanks.

Been a big supporter of Rice previously but him getting embarrassed by MBappe in Qatar was a bit of an eye opener.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I asked if you would have paid 80-100 million for him rather than buying Jorginho?
No?

And I really don’t know where’ve you’ve pulled 80-100M from

I just said he would have been a good January signing

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I never said I want to sell Jesus so Balogun and Eddie start for us. None of the three are ideal, one or two should leave for a top CF coming.

Also I didn't say I want to add both Onana and Amrabat? The state of your reading ability bro, I take it your OnlyOneGCSE was not in English?

Ahh yes, let's sell our £45M striker a year after we signed him just to go spend 85M+ on a position that currently isn't even weak on a new player who might score some goals, honestly that's even more idiotic.

That's fine, but yeah let's bring in Amrabat or Onana neither whom have had top levels of consistent success in the PL instead of someone who has, ok.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

You know I’m not anti-rice. I like him.

But is this true?

Yeah, it's as true as not seeing it from Xhaka for the years he was at Arsenal. We're only really seeing it with Xhaka now because it's an element of his game Mikel wants, it's the same with Rice.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No?

And I really don’t know where’ve you’ve pulled 80-100M from

I just said he would have been a good January signing
I explained why I think he would have cost that, if they would have sold him at all because no player wanted to join them.

They would certainly risk to relegate if they sold him and weren't able to replace him so he is worth a lot.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Been a big supporter of Rice previously but him getting embarrassed by MBappe in the Euros was a bit of an eye opener.
He's that kinda player who thrives in the PL, blood and thunder, tackling, running all day, acne from funny needles etc but would immediately look like a deer in headlights in the CL. Arsenal material means you want to ball on the carpet not ploughing the pitch like a brute.

Imagine Rice going up against the likes of Verratti Kimmich Valverde etc lmao, would be painful watching him piss himself from dizziness on the pitch.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

That's weird, most expensive premier league transfer and one of the highest-rated midfielders in the world saying he loves watching Declan Rice?

I am so so shocked and confused as to why he doesn't watch Amrabat or Onana instead?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, it's as true as not seeing it from Xhaka for the years he was at Arsenal. We're only really seeing it with Xhaka now because it's an element of his game Mikel wants, it's the same with Rice.
I think Xhaka’s always had a through ball in him, we’ve always known he’s quite intelligent in possession and we’ve also always known he’s got a wand of a left peg.

So when he started playing well as an attacking no8 we were all pleasantly surprised but shocked? I don’t think so.

I don’t think Rice is known for any of those things I just listed, I wouldn’t be surprised if he does play well in the Xhaka role but we just haven’t seen any evidence that he can.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

That's weird, most expensive premier league transfer and one of the highest-rated midfielders in the world saying he loves watching Declan Rice?

I am so so shocked and confused as to why he doesn't watch Amrabat or Onana instead?
The opinion of a 22 year old with plucked eyebrows who went on strike to leave one of Europe's strongest teams this season for Todd Boehly's Chelsea is worth even less than yours bro.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I think Xhaka’s always had a through ball in him, we’ve always known he’s quite intelligent in possession and we’ve also always known he’s got a wand of a left peg.

So when he started playing well as an attacking no8 we were all pleasantly surprised but shocked? I don’t think so.

I don’t think Rice is known for any of those things I just listed, I wouldn’t be surprised if he does play well in the Xhaka role but we just haven’t seen any evidence that he can.

Maybe we'll never know, Edu needs to do his job first anyway then we can have this debate.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I explained why I think he would have cost that, if they would have sold him at all because no player wanted to join them.

They would certainly risk to relegate if they sold him and weren't able to replace him so he is worth a lot.
Fair enough, I wasn’t really thinking too deeply. I just think he’s a very promising young player that a top manager could turn into a world beater. At 45M I would backed Arteta to turn him into a good value signing.

At 80-100M I’d rather try for a Bellingham type or look for a Gundogan/Thiago regen.

Onana v Rice/Caicedo is a very interesting question though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom