• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,922
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buhry

Established Member

West Ham have informed media they want 120 million + adds on for him. Yeah only Chelsea will touch that

Now that's just holding the guy hostage. What if he wants to play for an actual club?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

West Ham have informed media they want 120 million + adds on for him. Yeah only Chelsea will touch that

If he really is interested in joining Arsenal, he should see out his contract & come here in 2024.

Been a good 2 decades since we picked up another London side's captain for free. Worked it fantastic for us last time :drool:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

That's an amount of money for a better player like Bellingham or Gavi.

Neither of whom we'll be getting. The club does not engage in bidding wars & will be reluctant to pay Pepe-like amounts again.

Best focus on smart, attainable targets.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
they have 1 year option as well

His contract expires next year so the one year option makes it 2 years. When I said **** all I didn't mean literally **** all (should have been clearer) I meant the fee for for him with 1 year remaining will be much lower than what they'd get this summer.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Neither of whom we'll be getting. The club does not engage in bidding wars & will be reluctant to pay Pepe-like amounts again.

Best focus on smart, attainable targets.
Which Rice is not. As I said many times before, overrated player here. For that amount we can do much better.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think that's posturing and hoping Chelsea come in for him, but Rice will decide where he wants to go.

If Arsenal offer 80 million and he wants to come, I can't see them pricing him out of a move. Realistically they will not have an asset who is worth that much in a very long time. They need a rebuild and potentially money for a new manager.

We just need to bid more than we did for Caicedo.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I think that's posturing and hoping Chelsea come in for him, but Rice will decide where he wants to go.

If Arsenal offer 80 million and he wants to come, I can't see them pricing him out of a move. Realistically they will not have an asset who is worth that much in a very long time. They need a rebuild and potentially money for a new manager.

We just need to bid more than we did for Caicedo.
West Ham have spent loads in the last couple of summers, selling Rice doesn't seem a necessity in that regard. I'd be very surprised if they let him go for just 80m either way, right or wrong they'll look at Fernandez going for 120m and think why would we let a fixture for England, club and future NT captain go for less.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I really think all of Liverpool, Newcastle, United and Chelsea will be in for Rice and it will be a bidding war, only if he has his heart set on us and we don't low ball West Ham as we are prone to do. We all know they will only settle for 80-100m.

Not worried though, there are many many quality midfielders available for less than 60m, maybe an opportunity like a Partey will show up again. Zubimendi, Caceido are alternatives already.

Wounded Healer

Sometimes the the things we want the most are just a decoy for uncovering the things we actually need.
I am not sure about this. Price is steep. I feel it's better being more creative.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
West Ham have spent loads in the last couple of summers, selling Rice doesn't seem a necessity in that regard. I'd be very surprised if they let him go for just 80m either way, right or wrong they'll look at Fernandez going for 120m and think why would we let a fixture for England, club and future NT captain go for less.
I'm not saying that wouldn't want to get that much, but he stayed for another season out of good faith I beleive. There was a lot of interest in him last season. I think it would be similar to Nkunku but without the release clause.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I'm not saying that wouldn't want to get that much, but he stayed for another season out of good faith I beleive. There was a lot of interest in him last season. I think it would be similar to Nkunku but without the release clause.
Yeah but West Ham aren't exactly a club known for its honourable gentleman like business conduct. They bought Haller four years ago for 40m and told Frankfurt they wouldn't pay the outstanding 24m because he didn't fulfill their expectations, Frankfurt had to go to FIFA and a third party to get at least most of their money.

Even if they told Rice he can leave for a lower fee I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to extract maximum value, especially with people like Boehly active in the transfer market.

Tom349

Surely Chelsea are stretched to their limits in spending even with the long contract they have been handing out?

Still got to sign a GK, a genuine striker and depending on Fofana's health a CB. They also will potentially have to pay another 100m for Felix if they make his move permanent. Surely can't afford to spend another 80+m on another midfield, six months after breaking the record transfer fee.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Which are precisely the reasons why we should break the bank for him in the summer.

We did it for that dud, Pepe & Rice is a lot more worthy of an extraordinary sum.

He will anchor our midfield, offering stability and leadership well into his 30's.

We can go for Kolo Muani the next summer as there's no way he's leaving Frankfurt this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom