• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,944
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Won’t drop below much further than 80ish. Especially if there is competition for him.
Just madness when you think about it. 80 million for a player who is championship bound and last year on his deal. As long as Chelsea don’t want him I don’t see anyone bidding 80 million for him. 60-65 at most imo

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just madness when you think about it. 80 million for a player who is championship bound and last year on his deal. As long as Chelsea don’t want him I don’t see anyone bidding 80 million for him. 60-65 at most imo
West Ham have an extension option so he isn’t in the last year of his deal.

He’s been linked to Utd and Chelsea, Championship bound or not, he’s costing you big money.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still feel West Ham have enough about them to stay up, so Rice will be pricey in the summer.

ChefMan21

Part of me thinks we'll end up with someone out of the blue like Neves, Tonali, Palhinha, or Merino. I wouldn't actually be that upset depending on how we strengthen other areas.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Part of me thinks we'll end up with someone out of the blue like Neves, Tonali, Palhinha, or Merino. I wouldn't actually be that upset depending on how we strengthen other areas.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised either, the club are very good at keeping transfers quiet and then bam, we sign a player like Vieira or Kiwior who nobody saw coming.

There seems to be way too much noise around Rice, that's not usual for us over the last 2-3 years.

Goonger

Rice is costing around 100M. So the guys predicting 3/4 signings are talking 200M plus spend.

We should, I repeat should, be bringing in a decent amount this summer to offset that somewhat.

You should be talking about £35M for Tierney and similar for Balogun if they decide to cash in. Then whatever they scrape for the likes of Mari, Maitland-Niles, Tavares, Trusty, Lokonga and Marquinhos.

That should be over £100M in incomings, if Edu actually does the 2nd part of his job properly with regards selling.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I've seen us and Barce being linked to Gundogan on a free. City want to renew though. We reportedly can offer higher wages than Barce. Would be of the ideal technical quality to replace or rotate with Xhaka.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I've seen us and Barce being linked to Gundogan on a free. City want to renew though. We reportedly can offer higher wages than Barce. Would be of the ideal technical quality to replace or rotate with Xhaka.
I get why we did it with Jorginho and Trossard due to circumstance but they were both signings who were a movement away from what got us to this position. They could well be the difference between us winning or not winning the PL which is great but I think it would be wise to go back to signing 22-25 year old players who are hungry to prove themselves. Gundogan is a great player and very tempting but would be a 'lazy' move especially in a summer window for me.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s funny reading the West Ham forum. They think Declan will go for 120 to 140 million and in here people think 80 million. I will be interested to see what our limit would be because I just don’t see Arsenal paying 120 million for a player right now

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s funny reading the West Ham forum. They think Declan will go for 120 to 140 million and in here people think 80 million. I will be interested to see what our limit would be because I just don’t see Arsenal paying 120 million for a player right now
Can't blame them suggesting that after seeing multi players go for 100M+. The issue westham face that even tho they activate thier one year option Rice will still want to leave maximum will be 80M

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Need edu to cook me up 2 premier league proven players, what we sign beyond that I don’t give that much toss about.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Me and you don't agree much on the whole Rice thing but 120-140m is ridiculous.

80m max for me and I'd deal. It's similar money to Caicedo. I'd take either one of them but north of 80m no thanks.

If we are paying 120m it's not for a DCM as important as they are.

DuBB

I get why we did it with Jorginho and Trossard due to circumstance but they were both signings who were a movement away from what got us to this position. They could well be the difference between us winning or not winning the PL which is great but I think it would be wise to go back to signing 22-25 year old players who are hungry to prove themselves. Gundogan is a great player and very tempting but would be a 'lazy' move especially in a summer window for me.

Bingo.

Yes we are in a title challenge now, but I have always felt, and Arteta's comments last week cemented, the idea that we aren't building towards a snatch and grab title charge.

We're building a team that will consistently be in and around the position we're currently in for 3-5 years in a row. Over and over again.

He called it Phase 3 last week and I assume that's correct.

Phase 4 is probably consistent Top 3 Premier League team, and leaving Top 4 races in the rearview mirror.

Phase 5 is probably genuine Champions League threat.

I don't think the Phases have trophies tied to the end of them - as in "if we don't win the Champions League, the project was a failure". I think the Phases are simply targets we reach and then we sustain those levels. Phase 3 is get back into CL. Phase 4 is Prem challengers more than once. Phase 5 is CL threat.

So yeah, Declan Rice / Caicedo and other 22-25 year olds who can mesh into our current group and keep us at this level for 5 years in a row is now the goal.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bingo.

Yes we are in a title challenge now, but I have always felt, and Arteta's comments last week cemented, the idea that we aren't building towards a snatch and grab title charge.

We're building a team that will consistently be in and around the position we're currently in for 3-5 years in a row. Over and over again.

He called it Phase 3 last week and I assume that's correct.

Phase 4 is probably consistent Top 3 Premier League team, and leaving Top 4 races in the rearview mirror.

Phase 5 is probably genuine Champions League threat.

I don't think the Phases have trophies tied to the end of them - as in "if we don't win the Champions League, the project was a failure". I think the Phases are simply targets we reach and then we sustain those levels. Phase 3 is get back into CL. Phase 4 is Prem challengers more than once. Phase 5 is CL threat.

So yeah, Declan Rice / Caicedo and other 22-25 year olds who can mesh into our current group and keep us at this level for 5 years in a row is now the goal.
Yeah ideally we have a squad of players bar a few seniors ranging from 22-25. That allows for us to get their best years, them grow together and means that transfer windows are more signing stars than just replacing aging players.

If you think about it our back 5 doesn't need touched for probably 5 years. Unless we see an obvious replacement or a player drops in form.

Our forward line of Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, Trossard, Eddie or Balogun again doesn't need touched. It could do with being improved but that means a star coming in. Someone who is obviously better than maybe Martinelli or Jesus which is hard to find.

The midfield is the area we can and should improve this summer. Xhaka, Partey and Jorginho are all 30-31. This is the summer to really invest in midfield while we offer CL football. 2 midfielders (it sounds overkill but I don't think it is, a 6 and an 8 around 24-25). Fresneda as back up full back, and maybe an attacker and the squad is set. If Tierney leaves we will need a back up there or rely on Tomi but we should be able to pick up a back up cheap enough.

People will say but that's like 5 CM players. Which is true. But it allows for Xhaka, Jorginho to play more easier League games, cup games, the odd CL game, the new signings and Partey to all be rotated similar to City. And it means we have numbers for when Jorginho and one of Xhaka/Partey move on in 2024. We don't need to be desperate replacing them. They go when it suits us.

So we'd be looking at 2 x CM, 1-2 FB, and a Forward. 4-5 players coming in with the likes of Holding, Tierney, Elneny, Lokonga, Pepe and Tavares being moved on. Some might think it's dream team stuff but that's what we need to be able to cope with Real Madrid on a Tuesday and City on a Saturday.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Me and you don't agree much on the whole Rice thing but 120-140m is ridiculous.

80m max for me and I'd deal. It's similar money to Caicedo. I'd take either one of them but north of 80m no thanks.

If we are paying 120m it's not for a DCM as important as they are.
I agree. I like the player. But every player has a price and north of that club the club has to walk. City wanted a left back in the summer and were negotiating with Brighton for Cucerlla and wasn’t going above 40-45 million. Brighton wanted 60 and they walked away. Chelsea was willing to pay

I would love Rice an England international and I rate him highly as a 6.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree. I like the player. But every player has a price and north of that club the club has to walk. City wanted a left back in the summer and were negotiating with Brighton for Cucerlla and wasn’t going above 40-45 million. Brighton wanted 60 and they walked away. Chelsea was willing to pay

I would love Rice an England international and I rate him highly as a 6.
For me Rice or Caicedo at 70-80m is a go.

I don't mind whichever one. Rice probably signs for us and stays his whole career. Caicedo may look to move in a few years who knows.

Arteta will know if Zubamendi is someone he could make work at Arsenal and costs 50m. That's the alternative but I think one of Caicedo or Rice will be wearing red and white in August. Hopefully it's not the red and white of Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom