• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,980
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGunner81

Remember when us getting fleeced on sales was supposed to be a thing of the past?

Arteta did a lot to redeem himself this summer, hoping he can come around and incorporate Pepe into this team. Saka plays way too many minutes and a confident Pepe offers stuff not even Saka can

Never gonna happen! Doesn’t work hard enough off the ball for Arteta

ChefMan21

While Pepe offers things other players don't, he is just so inconsistent and, often enough, it's like playing with 10 men. Worse still there is zero evidence of that ever changing. What's the incentive to persevere?

Goonger

Its kind of ridiculous that Tierney, who was a British passport, doesn't count for this.

Why would he though? It would make a bit of a mockery of having different teams and associations in the United Kingdom if that was allowed.

What's even more strange is someone like Saliba can count as homegrown because he was registered with the club for 3 years between the ages of 15-21, but someone like Oli McBurnie wouldn't count as homegrown for Rangers even though he played for the Scottish National Team.

Or even more extreme, someone like Billy Gilmour would count as homegrown for an English club, but not for Rangers, even though he plays for the Scottish National Team, and was actually trained by Rangers up until he was 16 when he joined Chelsea.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never gonna happen! Doesn’t work hard enough off the ball for Arteta

I don't even think it's a question of talent or work rate. I just don't think he is smart enough.

Pepe - Not smart enough and lacks mentality
Nuno - not smart enough and lacks mentality
Lokonga - Not smart enough and lacks mentality.
AMN - no issue with football iq, but lacks mentality.

The all or nothing documentary gave you small snippets of the character of the players. Remember when Arteta did the memory game and Pepe literally was baffled acting like it was a test. Nuno having his 1v1 discussions with Cuesta, and that moment with Eddie and Lokonga.

We need to do our due diligence on every signing and mentality and football IQ are key.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I don't even think it's a question of talent or work rate. I just don't think he is smart enough.

Pepe - Not smart enough and lacks mentality
Nuno - not smart enough and lacks mentality
Lokonga - Not smart enough and lacks mentality.
AMN - no issue with football iq, but lacks mentality.

The all or nothing documentary gave you small snippets of the character of the players. Remember when Arteta did the memory game and Pepe literally was baffled acting like it was a test. Nuno having his 1v1 discussions with Cuesta, and that moment with Eddie and Lokonga.

We need to do our due diligence on every signing and mentality and football IQ are key.

Are you saying all those brothers have low footballing IQs or low IQs in general?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Are you saying all those brothers have low footballing IQs or low IQs in general?

Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

All I fear is that his status as a United fan will hinder us if they also go in for him.

One would hope head triumphs over heart when he sees how far we've come though.
Could do a Mudryk. Twerk for United end up with us. He does look the business and I'd like to have an Irish man play for us.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
We should have loaned Pepe to Palace or a PL team. Sending players abroad won't keep their price.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m really confused about what we’re doing in the CM position.

We are actually quite stacked at DM since we signed Jorginho.

It means we’re going for an advanced CM. Rice could be an option of doing some things Xhaka adds while being a potential long term successor to Partey.

In an ideal scenario we sign a 6/8 hybrid like Rice and a proper no.8/10 ala Kudus. But then we would be very stacked there, with for eg Xhaka, Rice and Kudus for one position (not counting ESR Vieira etc who can potentially play there).

The AM experts will have their opinions and their definite solutions but I am very intrigued as to what we do. I think we will only go for 1 player there if I had to guess, unless we have a departure or loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom