• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,001
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Arteta is not god ffs. He can’t take a guy who can’t defend and teach him to defend at the highest level. One that he coached as well. A guy who went from Barca academy, to city to back to Barca who had all sorts of top coaches. But somehow Arteta is gonna teach him something they couldn’t. Why couldn’t he improve lokonga or Nuno Tavares if he is so amazing

Teta has shown he can improve players who are willing to listen, learn, work hard and carry out instructions though. It’s widely known that Lokonga & Tavares didn’t have the best attitudes. Garcia was very highly rated as a youth. He hasn’t developed as expected but he’s still very young, has pedigree of playing for big clubs under pressure, is an international and stylistically a good fit for the team. He’s played in the league before and wouldn’t cost too much. I’m not saying it will definitely work out but he’s getting written off too quickly. I read somewhere that Pep was desperate to keep him at City.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Teta has shown he can improve players who are willing to listen, learn, work hard and carry out instructions though. It’s widely known that Lokonga & Tavares didn’t have the best attitudes. Garcia was very highly rated as a youth. He hasn’t developed as expected but he’s still very young, has pedigree of playing for big clubs under pressure, is an international and stylistically a good fit for the team. He’s played in the league before and wouldn’t cost too much. I’m not saying it will definitely work out but he’s getting written off too quickly. I read somewhere that Pep was desperate to keep him at City.
There is nothing wrong with those players attitude. Every player has a ceiling and no matter how good attitude a player have. If he doesn’t have the talent level at the highest level he won’t make it. Garcia has been so poor for Barca that they even play Alonso ahead of him as CB. He is getting written off because he lacks the physical attributes needed and no tactic can hide him. Our formation CBs are even more exposed and he would suffer more than in Barca. He played in the league before and was poor. He wasn’t getting playing time at city and left on free. I really believe he wouldn’t start for a single PL team

Goonger

I'm normally a glass half full type of guy with any player we are linked with, I try to find the positives in them, but even I'm struggling with Garcia. I've just never understood why he seems so highly rated in the game, he's looked distinctly average every time I've seen him.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Arteta is not god ffs. He can’t take a guy who can’t defend and teach him to defend at the highest level. One that he coached as well. A guy who went from Barca academy, to city to back to Barca who had all sorts of top coaches. But somehow Arteta is gonna teach him something they couldn’t. Why couldn’t he improve lokonga or Nuno Tavares if he is so amazing

Garcia is a CB who's just turned 22 who's started a decent amount of games for the PL champions and this years La Liga titles. When Rio Ferdinand was 22 SAF said he didn't think he had ironed out enough defensive mistakes to sign him but made him the most expensive centre back ever 2 years later.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Garcia is a CB who's just turned 22 who's started a decent amount of games for the PL champions and this years La Liga titles. When Rio Ferdinand was 22 SAF said he didn't think he had ironed out enough defensive mistakes to sign him but made him the most expensive centre back ever 2 years later.
He made 19 appearances for City in the league and pep gave him certain easy games which he didn’t impress. It was also an attempt to make him sign new deal. He was given mostly home games against smaller teams and he looked bad. It seems any player we linked with certain people rate him. The guy is 6 feet slow and physically weak CB and you using Rio Ferdinand as an example. Barca fans if it was up to him would release him.

Again Arteta is not god, just a good coach. He can’t take players who are not good enough and make them good enough. He needs the right players

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Underwhelming as a fourth choice CB?
What’s 4th choice CB? Do we tell him Eric only way you get on the pitch is if atleast 2. CBs are injured. I think we desperately have to sign a CB and it has to be one we don’t panic of the thought of him playing

Reactions: A_G

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Eric Garcia is pure unadulterated milquetoast. Had a spark when he left City but nothing after that. Keep him far away from here. Rather give Zach Awe a debut than sign him.

We should at least sign a defender that doesn't completely lack Saliba's physical presence. Garcia doesn't even displace Holding for me and that's saying something as Holding's been obsolete since Unai Emery's days as manager and arguably before that too.

Sparrahork

I think the main reason we're linked to Garcia is that he counts as homegrown? (I think he does at least)
I was going to ask the same thing, if he does count as hg I see sense in this, no sense if he is not and holdingo cannot be moved on.

Interesting to see whether holdingo will want to leave given the chance, I can see him getting regular football elsewhere in the premiership but probably on lower wages

benjamin86

Established Member
I was going to ask the same thing, if he does count as hg I see sense in this, no sense if he is not and holdingo cannot be moved on.

Interesting to see whether holdingo will want to leave given the chance, I can see him getting regular football elsewhere in the premiership but probably on lower wages
I think he'll probably want to leave to secure the last big 5-year deal of his career. In 2 years will there be Premiership clubs interested in a 29-30 year old with limited playing time?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think the main reason we're linked to Garcia is that he counts as homegrown? (I think he does at least)
Pretty sure there is no problem with HG for Arsenal, especially if Rice joins, but even without him. Even if Holding leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom