• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,890
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
Yea agree with all of that. Don't think it's really a change in formation either, I highlighted how it'd look in possession and this is pretty much how we've played. Don't think we really need Caicedo either if Partey doesn't leave (which I hope he won't), though as you say it future proofs us.
I like Partey, but he is no longer quick enough to defend the middle of the pitch in the current formation. Caicedo is. If we played 4-2-3-1, then Partey would be fine.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You seriously saying we should turn down 15m offers for Pepe, Nuno & Holding?

Would it be better to let them all go to Italy for a bag of buttons & some fish sticks?🤔
Monza will automatically pay 6 million pounds for Pablo Mari when the window opens...

Sparrahork

I don't think we need to do quite as much as Liverpool did back in 2018. But still it's critical getting 3/4 real top signings done this summer.
We do, not to catch man city (which is unrealistic) but to compete with the other big spenders who will all strengthen this summer (and sort out their form issues next season). We have to spend big, and well, to retain top four.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We do, not to catch man city (which is unrealistic) but to compete with the other big spenders who will all strengthen this summer (and sort out their form issues next season). We have to spend big, and well, to retain top four.
Yeah top 4 is not guaranteed for anyone. If Liverpool can have a bad year with a decent squad (albeit light in midfield) and a world class manager then anyone can.

City will be hard to compete with but ideally another season where we are comfortable in the top 4 and maybe a cup is probably the most realistic outcome.

Unless we go really big and do like Rice, Caicedo, Veiga, Oshimen, Tapsoba, Cancelo. That would be like 350m or more. Which isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom